Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Airbus X Extended 1.15 released

I only use the Captain's set and it's really nice. Shame some voices overlap.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for your opinion but I want to use FSUIPC instead of FSX. I use the reverses with my throttle levers.

I'm also reluctant to turn this into an FSUIPC thread more than I have already, but very briefly...

The AXE doesn't like having reverse range assigned to the axis.  For your Airbus profile only, assign buttons to F1 (cut throttle), F2 (reverse, tick "repeat when held"), F3 (advance, for moving back to idle from reverse, tick "repeat when held").  You're good to go.

If you have reverse assigned to the axis in your Airbus profile, that means you've done your calibration through FSUIPC, and that means the throttle axis won't work.  For the Airbus profile only, go to the joystick calibration tab, click "reset" on your throttle axes and make sure the box in FSUIPC shows "Axis not processed."  This is after, of course, you've set up the axis as "Send to FSX as Normal Axis" in the axis assignment tab.

To get the Airbus profile to work for all your Airbusses, go into the FSUIPC.ini, find "ShortAircraftNameOK," then edit the line  so it reads "ShortAircraftNameOK=Yes".  Then scroll down to the section that covers your Airbus profile.  Where your line currently reads, "1=Airbus A320 Iberia E-CILQ," edit it to read "1=Airbus A32".  It now applies to all your AXE's.

Hope this helps.  Glad to discuss it more here to the extent that the issues are AXE-specific.  For more general joystick or FSUIPC issues, we should go to PM or move over to the hardware controllers forum.  Cheers!

Is there any way to stop that stupid clanging siren tyhat seems to go off for no reason, and the equally annoying 'Speed,speed,,,,,' ? It is beginning to grate! Must be an option to switch the damn things off.

I'm a huge fan of this plane personally. Flying it again today and every time I jump in I'm reminded of that fact. For me, it just works. I never have a problem with it, smooth performance, nice features, great sounds, lovely cockpit. Highly recommended.

- Aaron

Is there any way to stop that stupid clanging siren tyhat seems to go off for no reason, and the equally annoying 'Speed,speed,,,,,' ?

Well the speed thing is a warning, Rick.

Low Energy Warning:Produces aural "SPEED SPEED SPEED" when change in flight path alone is insufficient to regain a positive flight path (Thrust must be increased).

http://www.airbusdriver.net/airbus_fltlaws.htm

And I'm sure the other one is too, so perhaps describe the circumstances in some more detail so that the folks can work that out and explain. If you wanted, you can alter/delete almost all sounds at SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Sound_ASC (e.g. FBW_SpeedSpeed.wav) but I guess your aim will actually be to avoid the warnings in the first place. :smile:

Reminds me of the people reporting a takeoff warning for no reason at cruise alt in the 737NG. That was because Boeing picked the same warning tone for TO and cabin pressure related events. Guess we have to be thankful for being able to explore such details in the sim. Even if they sometimes catch us. :blush:

With a huge :P in mind, here's a read on how to (re)act if you disregard that speed, speed thingy. http://www.airbus.com/fileadmin/media_gallery/files/safety_library_items/AirbusSafetyLib_-FLT_OPS-TOFF_DEP-SEQ08.pdf

No, firstly, I'm quite willing to grind on about this permanently.

Now I call that sloppy and below the standard of other developers of similar standing, let alone the likes of FS2Crew and OpusFSX, who do a top class job with as far as I can tell, a total of 2 people apiece.  Now the rest of you may be used to using Aerosoft products. I have a grand total of one, the AXE.  You'd have thought I'd be the sort of person they'd want to impress so as to sell me more things.

We don't need to drone on about this forever but as I'm in the right......  And maybe this debate has had some effect, I see there's a nice link to the hotfix.

Still, you're entitled to a half formed opinion I expect, you at least clearly think you are.

Man, seriously are you acting like a complete spoilt little child just to entertain people? .... I mean you're not really this nasty and arrogant are you? ...... If you are you have my sympathy;    

going through life with nothing reaching your expectations and arrogance must be pretty miserable. :(

All this cruscade against Aerosoft for not providing clear links to their updates - if we're all honest here, it's just a red herring for the fact that you are not smart enough to figure out that an update to an Aerosoft product, would be obtained from the Aerosoft website....   :wink:   

For FS2Crew Airbus Voice Control users, please note that we've updated FS2Crew Airbus voice control.

It's now compatible with Version 1.15.

Best,

That was good timing,since I just bought it today.

Very good value since it runs on both Prepar3D and FSX.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Man, seriously are you acting like a complete spoilt little child just to entertain people? .... I mean you're not really this nasty and arrogant are you? ...... If you are you have my sympathy;    

going through life with nothing reaching your expectations and arrogance must be pretty miserable. :(

All this cruscade against Aerosoft for not providing clear links to their updates - if we're all honest here, it's just a red herring for the fact that you are not smart enough to figure out that an update to an Aerosoft product, would be obtained from the Aerosoft website....   :wink:   

Dave,

have you read around the posts #60 to #70, as well?

Are the weights in pounds now?

Trust me I got into a pretty big debate on their forums about this. Many of the people on there told me to use a calculator, Google Conversion, or get an education. I cannot believe their response to me. Yes they are a European based company, but still NOT EVERYONE uses kgs. They have been saying they will look into this since it was released in 2012. Still nothing.......But don't ask them because you will get told to use a calculator.

I also asked recently why the fuel allotment is wrong for the 321. They only allow the 321 to go to 42.2, but according to Airbus the tank capacity is 53.0. I asked because many of the US carriers have their 321s tanks this size for trans-con flights. The response to my question was "the European carriers chose to only have the 42.2 tanks since they are less expensive, so that is what we went with"

I'm sorry but if you are trying to accurately model the 320/321 then wouldn't you think about these things? 

The response I have been getting with the above items makes me feel like the customer doesn't matter to them even though WE the customer purchased this item. Imagine if another developer that recently released a product put everything that way?

Nate

Looks like the Airbus X is 30% off at PC Aviator.  I'm mostly a systems-detailed guy (I can forgo some eye candy for realism).  I had been holding out for the FSL A32x, but perhaps I should reconsider.  Has it involved into more system-focused, or is it still pretty watered-down like some have suggested?

Thanks.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

If you have reverse assigned to the axis in your Airbus profile, that means you've done your calibration through FSUIPC, and that means the throttle axis won't work.

Well, actually I do have reversers assigned to physical levers via FSUIPC with AXE and it feels fine.

I am using a self tuned CHTQ and axes 2 & 5 serve as throttles, and axes 3 & 4 as reversers (left after flying a being previously).

I callibrated the reverses in FSUIPC as two range axes:

- front range is THROTTLE CUT (to deactivate reverses)

- and back range is THROTTLE DECREASE with REPEAT checked.

Maybe a bit way around but works fine.

Looks like the Airbus X is 30% off at PC Aviator.  I'm mostly a systems-detailed guy (I can forgo some eye candy for realism).  I had been holding out for the FSL A32x, but perhaps I should reconsider.  Has it involved into more system-focused, or is it still pretty watered-down like some have suggested?

Thanks.

They've harmonized features across the Airbus systems but it's still, and will remain, a SOP simulation - no failures, no alternate systems/laws or whatever:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73565-airbus-x-a320a321-formally-airbus-x-extended-version-115-released/

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/518-faq/

Well the speed thing is a warning, Rick.

Thanks for that. Was using FS2Crew's latest Button Version. Wish I had not bothered buying it now as the inherent crew were doing a better job. Despite selecting an altitude of FL380, it kept yo-yoing up to 42k then down. Then when on descent, again, despite selecting a speed of 240kts, the speed was all over the place. All with AP selected. I could not even select Vapp of 154. What a complete waste of time, then to have that stupid siren and 'Speed,speed...' to irriate even more. There should be an option to de-select it.

Well, actually I do have reversers assigned to physical levers via FSUIPC with AXE and it feels fine.

Interesting.  Though if I understand you correctly, you're handling reversers a) on separate throttle-quadrant levers, not on the same ones that control the throttle axes, and b) by assigning key presses to the axis range, not by calibrating the axis.  So that's a little different.  While I could be reading it wrong, it seems to me that Jose88 was assigning part of the throttle-axis travel to the reverse range.  And to do that, you've got to calibrate the axis in FSUIPC.  And once you do that, the AXE gets all upset and refuses to process the throttle axis.  Or at least, that's how it worked in my experience.  But we're talking about several complicated beasts (FSX, FSUIPC, the AXE), so it's entirely possible that what was broken on my system works fine on yours.  Which is good for business here at Avsim, I suppose...

going through life with nothing reaching your expectations and arrogance must be pretty miserable.

All this cruscade against Aerosoft for not providing clear links to their updates - if we're all honest here, it's just a red herring for the fact that you are not smart enough to figure out that an update to an Aerosoft product, would be obtained from the Aerosoft website....     

You see there you go again, can't leave it alone can you?

As I have pointed out above, I made every reasonable effort to find the update it has now transpired that the guidance that Aerosoft had provided was only on the German language part of their operation. You are the one who jumped to the conclusion I hadn't and thought you'd make yourself look smart in public. That doesn't sound like my fault but to be honest, I'm not expecting an apology from you.

There are plenty of things in life that impress me thank you.  Limiting myself to the flight sim side I'd say Avsim, PMDG, OpusFSX, the stellar Brian York and his FS2Crew, Ray Smith's afcads, my current virtual airline, Virtual Norwegian (a recommendation if I can mention a 737 operator in here), AI Aardvark before they went into hibernation, World of AI, Pete Dowson and his ilk,  even the much maligned PointsoftPro and their ProATC-X, Ground Environment and Ultimate Terrain, all the freeware authors who do it for love, even if the results aren't always top quality.  Those are the standards I judge others who charge for their products by, it's true, there you are, I admit it I can't help it.

And your list would be, excluding yourself? 

Oh, perhaps I should say that the Aerosoft Airbus itself is not bad at all, that's not the issue.

ngxu_banner.png