Sign in to follow this  
corepunch

always get "no autoland" message

No matter where I'm landing, I can't seem to get autoland to work.  I got autoland working in my other planes no problem.

Is the real T7 really this picky when it comes to autoland? I was flying a perfect approach in calm weather.

Also even though I was locked in approach and right on the glideslope, it kept saying "glideslope, glideslope" over and over repeatedly for about 5 minutes.

Anyone else see this?

Jim

The only time I get no autoland was when I didn't confirm in the NAV/RAD page of the ILS freq and crs. Somehow I found about 70% of the time I must manually put in the ILS freq and course which then I was able to get autoland in. Otherwise no autoland.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Thanks Brenchen! Shouldn't all that be set automatically when you select the STAR and RWY? 

David - yes I captured the LOC first before engaging APP. 

Jim

Hi, Jim,

I believe you also have to confirm the approach flaps and speed, either one of the suggested ones or your own entry, in the blanks below the suggested ones. See pp. 82-83 of the PMDG Tutorial.

If you select an ILS approach, the ILS frequency and course should be automatically placed in the Park area of the NAV/RAD window of the CDU. If you select an RNAV approach and you want to use loc/gs, you need to enter the freq/course manually.

No idea why you would hear "glideslope,glideslope" in a normal on the dot approach.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Brenchen! Shouldn't all that be set automatically when you select the STAR and RWY? 

David - yes I captured the LOC first before engaging APP. 

Jim

Well I'd expect so, but I don't go questioning lol  I don't mind a bit more interaction ;)

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Maybe try flaps 30 & its VRef. Maybe autoland doesn't "like" a lower flaps setting - flaps 30 is standard in normal conditions.

Also at what altitude are you beginning the approach?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Although its not a normal landing flap setting, Autoland does work with Flaps 20, Make sure you are fully configured before reaching 1500ft radio.

For me, I was not so perfect at remembering to set the Radio/Altimeter minimums knob on the NGX. This has come back to haunt me in the T7.

You will not get an Autoland/Land3 indication unless you set the Radio or Baro minimums height accordingly. I've not had a single issue since making this a standard part of my approach practice.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks everyone, I will try what Al suggested as it seems I've been doing everything else correctly.  I have always left minimums at the default setting, which I think was always 200' or 400' on my other planes.

For me, I was not so perfect at remembering to set the Radio/Altimeter minimums knob on the NGX. This has come back to haunt me in the T7.

You will not get an Autoland/Land3 indication unless you set the Radio or Baro minimums height accordingly. I've not had a single issue since making this a standard part of my approach practice.

Odd, I never set that and just leave it to the defaults.

Is the caution light burning on approach? if so check if you have any eicas messages if it isn't so check the overhead panel if you see any knobs are giving yellow warnings

If that's not so i would like you to type for me everything you do from cold 'n dark to power up engines start programming exactly in detail that way i can reproduce it

Best course of action, make as a video of what you are doing and what you are seeing.