Sign in to follow this  
Bernie5

NVidia Inspector Settings?

Hello All,

Just made the move to XPX from FSX.

My cpu is an i7-960 @ 3.2, & the graphics card is an o/c GeForce 560 Ti with1mb.

What would be the most effective settings to use in NVidia Inspector to optimise the display?

Thanks,

Bernie

• Upvote 1

Bernie, welcome to X-Plane's land :-)

It's been written a few times that X-Plane 10 doesn't like NI, but the fact is that I am using it.

When in HDR Off I use:

With HDR and Atmospheric Scattering  On:

In the sim I have now disabled HDR again.  I have the following settings:

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for that J.C.

I've already discovered that all eight cores are working away, but overall cpu usage doesn't seem to rise above 40%.  The graphics card on the other hand is pegged at 98% - 99%!  Think I know where my next upgrade is going to be!  

Are any NVidia cards recommended as being particularly effective for XPX?

Has anyone any idea how to stop the screen tearing effect? 

I have tried everything!

I have tried controling VSYNC via Nvidia Inspector. Ive set the option within x-plane to 'lock to refresh rate of monitor'.

I have a 60HZ monitor.

It's driving me insane!

Ian

I5 4670K @ 4GHZ

Nvidia GTX 770 4GB

16GB RAM

Have you tried locking to half the refresh rate of your monitor? that is still 30 FPS.

Are you using the latest drivers? I don't know why but with latest drivers I had that problem and rolled back and problem solved, anyway I didn't notice any fps performance increase with latest drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

Thank you, I fixed it:)

Hi, I have this problem, tried the same thing with forcing Nvidia software to vsync (which mostly does the trick in other software) but i still get tearing.

Could you point me in the right direction please and tell me how you fixed your tearing issue?

Thanks

I used nvidia inspector, and I set 1/2 refresh rate and turned triple buffering off, and left the vsync as 'standard'/ 

Then in xplane I ticked to lock framerate to monitors refresh rate.

Ian

I've set vsync to 1/2 refresh rate in nvidia control panel, adaptive mode. Triple buffering off. In XP I have set "do not lock". Works like a charm.

60Hz monitor, latest nvidia win7-64 driver.

Flo

Thanks flo and Ian for your suggestions. I still seem to be having screen tearing despite changing Nvidia Inspector to 'standard' and 1/2 refresh rate and then 'do not lock' within XP.

@Ian, i'm unfamiliar with Nvidia Inspector, do I have to do anything with the X-plane profile after pressing 'apply' key once I changed to the setting you mentioned?

@Flo, just wondering where 1/2 refresh rate is on Nvidia Control Panel? I see an option for VSync On but thats about it.

Thanks for the help both.

Rhydian

@Flo, just wondering where 1/2 refresh rate is on Nvidia Control Panel? I see an option for VSync On but thats about it.

Sorry for beeing late with my answer: It's in the dropdown menu that appears when clicking the v-sync option. It's been there for a while now and should be working on all cards from GTX 5XX and higher. 

post-252633-0-39492800-1386934457.jpg

Cheers

Flo

Thanks for the info Flo. I have a MSI GT70 20D 'gaming laptop' with a GTX780M graphics card. Unfortunately I don't see the 'adaptive' option only 'ON' and 'OFF'. I searched for a reason why and it is apparently down to MSI having their own version of the Nvidia driver (or something like that) which based on an older driver. I have had issues with updating driver versions before where I was stuck with 304.490 driver until MSI finally decided to update to the latest version.

Oh well. Thanks for the help though.

Rhydian

I've set vsync to 1/2 refresh rate in nvidia control panel, adaptive mode. Triple buffering off. In XP I have set "do not lock". Works like a charm.

60Hz monitor, latest nvidia win7-64 driver.

Flo

Hi Flo

I have tried the settings you have suggested and I am pleased to say that I am experiencing the smoothest flight sim experience I ever have.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Still playing with my new graphics card, I am noticing (not like I didn't see it before) that there is an awful lot of shimmering going on, especially trees in the distance, to the point I am wondering how many objects in the game are mipp-mapped. I have started using 16x AA which is yielding me about 35 FPS over places Like Los Angeles and New York with extreme settings, but 16x seems a lot just to combat shimmer. (Did I mention its really bad?)

I'm wondering what other people are using for AA settings, and what are people considering a good framerate for this sim?? Am I the only one who thinks trees shimmer a lot?

z5cx.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5