Sign in to follow this  
FLEX1978

Boeing Dreamlifter lands at the wrong airport..

That is one very expensive mistake. Be interesting to see how they get it out of there.

Matthew Kane

Getting the aircraft out empty is no problem, the question is what cargo is onboard and how will they get it to its destination? ;)

Oliver - Apparently Atlas crew fly the Dreamlifter.

Rob Prest

http://www.buzzfeed.com/passantino/massive-plane-mistakenly-lands-at-a-tiny-kansas-airport-and

If this happened in Asia or anywhere else - internet would be flooded with posts about poor crew training etc etc... UK or USA, oh well sh** happens, honest mistake ;)

Well I remember well the initial jeers and sneers when that C-17 landed at KTPF (3500 ft) last year ...

JATO anyone? :lol:

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

How much does this type of cargo typically weigh?

Would/could it be possible to fly her out there on a minimum fuel load with the cargo still on board? If I remember correctly, the quoted runway length is for an MTOW take-off. Seeing as these planes fly quite some distances, are they near MZFW when loaded, or not even close?

Can't they just slew it outta there?

Hahaha!.. ROFLMAO!

You just won the internet, sir!

How much does this type of cargo typically weigh?

Would/could it be possible to fly her out there on a minimum fuel load with the cargo still on board? If I remember correctly, the quoted runway length is for an MTOW take-off. Seeing as these planes fly quite some distances, are they near MZFW when loaded, or not even close?

All good questions. Keep in mind it should be carrying 787 fuselages or wings. Probably not too heavy compared to dense freight, just bulky. But the runway may not be stressed for this kind of weight and may crack under her weight.

And best Avsim reply for 2013 goes to Jim :)

Rob Prest