Sign in to follow this  
JB3DG

Aerosoft forum hacked?

(Don't try unless your AV is good and up to date...)

I tried to go on and my AV blocked it with some virus warning. Anyone from AS can comment?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

It tends to redirect to some wall of text website about wireless routers

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

It's cookie based..

I just did it on my Nexus 10, this is what I got instead of the aerosoft forums

XNnUmIs.png

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yeah  researched it myself out of paranoia and saw it was an issue with IP Board also..  I've since stumbled upon a few other boards that it happens with.

The weird thing is I've only ever seen it if I Google the forum and enter via Google search results..  If I just bookmark it or type it directly I never get that url4Short jazz.

Yup, same here it is a compromise at their end, I've blocked url4short.info on my router as it is known as a malware installing site.

Same, soon as I read what the deal was I added to my list of blocked urls in DD-WRT

The revenge of Snaves ban from his last FS forum home?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The revenge of Snaves ban from his last FS forum home?

Was he banned in the end ? He's the main reason why I lost interest in Aerosoft's forum.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Was he banned in the end ? He's the main reason why I lost interest in Aerosoft's forum.

Yeah, believe it or not Aerosoft must have finally had enough of his shenanigans. I couldn't believe it myself when I logged in their a few weeks ago to have a look and saw a post titled "Where Snave?" or "Where's Simon?" Then I read in that post he had finally been banned. Personally, I don't know how they put up with him so long treating customers the way he did. If it were me, I would have banned him years ago. I'm sure he's probably still lurking somewhere with another alias, maybe even here. He'd be hard to catch though since he probably has to start speaking like most people, rather than an English professor.

He once made a few snide remarks to me but I didn't let it bother me since I knew that was how he treated just about everyone. I did feel bad for people who were new to the hobby and didn't know his history and then came to the Aerosoft forum to ask an innocent question, only to get their face ripped off by him. Hopefully it wasn't enough to make them lose interest in the hobby, but I wonder how many people quit buying from Aerosoft knowing that if they had a question or problem, they might have to face him to get help? Personally had it been me working for Aerosoft I would have gotten rig of him years ago when he started acting up because I wouldn't want him to tarnish to tarnish the image of my business.

The FlyTampa forums can get a little wild as well with people bashing each other. I am always surprised that Martin and George don't keep a little more control of their forum or at least assign a moderator. People can pretty much say as they please over their without worry of getting banned, a far cry from some forums like the ORBX forum where you can get banned just for disagreeing with the John.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes, he was. :smile:

Not before time...

(...)

The weird thing is I've only ever seen it if I Google the forum and enter via Google search results..  If I just bookmark it or type it directly I never get that url4Short jazz.

I second that: Bookmarks work flawlessly for me; but Google links are known to have been "hacked" for a number of flightsim-related sites. (And probably not just those.)