Sign in to follow this  
magf94

300ER - New preview shot

Looks beautiful. Can't wait to get my hands on it!  :wub:

When this beauty comes out, guess it'll be all that I fly (777 wise), the 200LR will be in the hanger for a while.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

When this beauty comes out, guess it'll be all that I fly (777 wise), the 200LR will be in the hanger for a while.

it's the same plane :lol:  just alittle bigger :P

it's the same plane :lol:  just alittle bigger :P

touché!  B)

Brendan Chen

My very first flight with the 77L I had a tail strike, gonna have to be extra careful with this old girl.

My very first flight with the 77L I had a tale strike, gonna have to be extra careful with this old girl.

Heard on the news YBBN shut down the main strip (where jets takeoff/land) after a major tailstrike couple days ago...

Brendan Chen

Like most of you I will skip this one.

Would have preferred to have the SP by now.

Bring on the 744V2.

I agree, SP is much more important. I dont get it, so many things are fixed already....the FBW part, which realy bugs me most, was said to be an easy one to fix....and still not even a word on how much longer it is gonna take.

:-(

But I will most likely get the upgrade.

Rob Robson

I will have to get this! It will displace my 747 flights big time in the future. It will depend on how great the v2 is though. The reason I got the 737-700/600 was to use on shorter runways and have the 737 as a regional jet.

I'll probably skip this one, gives me nothing I already don't have with 77L

Price gonna be a major factor for me.

spacer.png

Hi Rob - almost certain it does, but not sure of the specifics in so much as I think a tail strike can still occur in some conditions.

No idea about the A340-600....

Cheers

Yep, correct on both counts; the 773 has an active tail strike protection system for takeoff rotation.  The 346 uses flight system law to protect against a strike, but pilots can overrule the protection and drag the tail.  I don't know if the 773 will allow a pilot to do the same (ie: early rotation in an emergency scenario), maybe one of our 777 experts can elaborate.

Both of course can't protect against a strike on landing.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."