Sign in to follow this  
magf94

300ER - New preview shot

From the -300ER FCOM2

FCOM 9.20.12 

Tail Strike Protection 

During takeoff or landing, the PFCs calculate if a tail strike is imminent and decrease elevator deflection, if required, to reduce the potential for tail skid ground contact. Activation of tail strike protection does not provide feedback to the control column. 

So how did they test for tail strike before rolling into service? Send a virus in to eat up the tail strike protection logic and repair it afterwards?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Sadly, I think I'm going to pass on this one.  I was expecting a joint 200/300 ER package, as I really want to fly United or British Airways -200 flights with their proper non-GE engines, but unless I decide to fly say an Air France or Air Canada route in the future, I have no need for this.

Please PMDG, don't forget about the other variants, they make up a significant proportion of the worldwide 777 fleet too.

Is the Air France one the only shot you have? I am sure you have tons from your beta testing flights... Maybe the shots will sell more ;)

I agree, SP is much more important. I dont get it, so many things are fixed already....the FBW part, which realy bugs me most, was said to be an easy one to fix....and still not even a word on how much longer it is gonna take.

:-(

But I will most likely get the upgrade.

PMDG stated that the service pack would be released together with the -300ER and that you would not have to get it to get the service pack.

Kind regards

PMDG stated that the service pack would be released together with the -300ER and that you would not have to get it to get the service pack.

Kind regards

Ah ok, I did not know that, thx.

Rob Robson

well, the release of the 300er brings the 200ER closer, which I am very much looking forward to! 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Is the Air France one the only shot you have? I am sure you have tons from your beta testing flights... Maybe the shots will sell more ;)

I'm not a beta tester! Just sharing the image from facebook... And say I was a beta tester, I'm sure I would be spending my time on other things than sharing pictures...  :wink:

This would be the best christmas gift

The wide beta team has seen as much as you have (this picture), so I doubt Christmas is going to be seeing this plane.  Just my thoughts.

The 300ER has tail strike prevention right? Or am I getting confused with the A340-600?

The 77L has it. I'd imagine the 77W does as well. Additionally, the gear has been modified to help push the rotation point back further (see here) to further the effort.

That said, it's not "prevention" as much as "protection." It'll try to help you avoid [messing] up, but it's not going to prevent it if you try it hard enough.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm not a beta tester! Just sharing the image from facebook... And say I was a beta tester, I'm sure I would be spending my time on other things than sharing pictures...  :wink:

Magnus, I meant this question to the PMDG devs. You made the favor of uploading it here in the forum. I was just "hinting" to the PMDG folk to open a new thread with more photos... B)