Nathan3219

Razbam Metroliner Released

SSsssssshhhhhhhhhhh...

Its on sale right now $24.97 at pc avaviator

ZORAN

SSsssssshhhhhhhhhhh...

Its on sale right now $24.97 at pc avaviator

Good catch. Gracias.

Could anyone help? I just installed the Metroliner and as soon as I get into the aircraft there is a PWR FAIL light that keeps on blinking. I have looked all over the cockpit hitting switches etc but cannot find a solution.....

Had the same problem, the PWR Fail Light would not go off nor would the annunciator panel work..I found that FSX had dumped my modules and they weren't loading with the sim. I just happened to notice this when I went to check FSUIPC and it wasn't there. I reinstalled FSUIPC and after rerinstalling it all of my other modules showed up again and I was asked at the launch of FSX to accept them again.. Strange, but afterwards the Metroliner worked like it was supposed to so my guess is that it has its own module and it didn't load properly or whatever I did by reinstalling FSUIPC fixed the hangup at launch.

Hope this makes some kind of sense, kind of late!

The PWR FAIL light problem was discussed in the Razbam failure back in May. Have you selected an inverter? The inverter switch is located next to the center console on the copilot's side of the cockpit.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

After a week with the Metroliner with no problems, all of a sudden the PWR FAIL light has started blinking and nothing fixes it (inverter, nose wheel ARM).

Anyone come up with a solution if those two things do not work?

Mario Di Lauro

(I posted this in another forum but it isn't showing up... in case, I have posted here)

Hi all, I think I know what seems to cause the problem with the PWR FAIL with RAZBAM Metroliner, at least in my case. It would be interesting to see if others have the same issue. When I freshly install the add-on, everything works fine. The moment I configure the aircraft.cfg file to work with FSCAPTAIN, I get the PWR FAIL problem. Restoring the original  aircraft.cfg corrects the problem.

Of course, my issue is how to get it to work with other add-ons (i.e FSCAPTAIN) if it requires modification of the aircraft.cfg.

*sigh* and *sigh* again.

Mario Di Lauro

Just FYI: the FSX/Prepar bundle is on sale for $20 at their website. Just bought it after sitting on the fence for a while.

Quick question: is the GPS now usable on FSX sp2 (non gold edition)?

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Bought the Metro during the sale (won't go to freeware heaven now) and I kind of like it. Looks right, sounds right, flies right.

Systems wise, it's simple but on the other hand doesn't run out of FSX' confines which makes it less prone for instability. As it's built on easily accessible XML architecture, I couldn't help but mod it a bit.

Don't worry, this stuff won't touch any files beyond the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg.

1. Gust Lock:
The gust lock will now be engaged when the aircraft is first loaded (can be switched off) and will block out any control input unless it's disengaged.

2. APU:
The "Auxiliary Power" switch above the HSI control panel will now also toggle FSX' "infinite fuel" APU to simulate a ground power connection.

3. Nose Wheel Steering:
When nose wheel steering is set to "OFF", the airplane can only be controlled by differential braking and throttle when on the ground and below 40 knots ground speed.

4. Weather Radar:
I've implemented my VSWXR gauge into the Metro 3 because the default radar kept spamming weather messages when enabled and doesn't seem to do much. It's very limited in accuracy and functionality, but it is better than nothing.

xyCQm0D.jpg

Notes:
The readme contains more information and each modification can be turned on and off at user's discretion (also see readme).

These mods are unsupported by RAZBAM!

Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMa3V1SWZtcUJLWFE/edit?usp=sharing
(Click the "Download" Button in the top middle.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Cool! Plane is right up your alley hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

A new revision of the mods is online (same download link).

Highlights: Load/Save module for the custom switches and a PDF-based readme for easier reading.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

I've bought it and although I've been reading the manual between flights I have not seen anywhere where to change your V/S when climbing with ALT in the A/P and I think it defaults to 2k ft/min or something like that. Its that something that can be changed. I kind of like it. What power settings do you use for takeoff? Is it 650°C EGT or 97% torque? or can you compute some other way?

Thanks

It defaults to 1,800 ft/minute; I changed mine to 1,000 ft/minute in aircraft.cfg.  There's no way to adjust it in the cockpit.  Apparently the real Metro had no AP at all, so Razbam tossed in a rudimentary one.

Hans Soule

Thanks for the info flibinite. I'll go ahead and change mine to 1,000 ft/min.

Is it 650°C EGT or 97% torque? or can you compute some other way?

The short and simple answer is yes, although it changes based on OAT. If you head over to the Razbam forum, someone posted speed and engine charts for takeoff and landing.