Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longranger

Stewart is ready

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Bought it instantly !

This is a scenery with a flavour ! Not just the airport, the landscape around as well. Definitely very well done ! Congrats BetiX !!!

Pascal

Instant buy for me too ! Five star ***** quality

Hopefully they have more airports in the works for the PNW !

It's somewhat strange that they have no company information or anything on their website. Does anyone know anything about "beti-x", a member, other projects etc.? Just like to know who I'm dealing with.

Flo

Brilliant, forgot about this. Just purchased. This should be better promoted, I hope Tom puts this on the front page :-)

I'm confused, is it an airport, town, or region? The reason I ask is due to the cost.

Is this a boxed set to be delivered to your front door......or an instant download???

Brilliant, forgot about this. Just purchased. This should be better promoted, I hope Tom puts this on the front page :-)

An instant download, or a door delivery?

Is this a boxed set to be delivered to your front door......or an instant download???

instant download.

How much Vram does it eat compared to let's say KSEA at extrem res? Looks like a lot of hi-res photoscenery...

Thanks

Flo

Very pretty scenery. The detail on the buildings in the town is amazing. But for my old GTX580 it's quite heavy on the frames. Another prompt to get a new card I guess...

But very happy to see a new outfit producing quality scenery. Hopefully they can push a few more airports out the door, get a few more people on board, and then start tackling some larger regions.

Cripes, when did the GTX580 become old? I only have the 570 and it does a great job with BF4.

Anyway the scenery looks cool but XP needs to come out with big airports I think if they really want to draw the crowds in. This airport would be plenty fine if there were already an Orbx type area in this region.

For me there's just no way I'd have any reason to fly to Stewart. It's just not in an area I would fly.

Still the airport looks very well done and maybe the devs will do another airport close by (then I could make a Point A to B type flight).

Posted at the screenshots forum, clic on the picture to go there:

Carenado_C185F_v10_73.jpg

I know.......that I certainly like, what I see in the pic. It's my type of flying...

I know.......that I certainly like, what I see in the pic. It's my type of flying...

Thanks !

Just don't fly like I did there:

Carenado_C185F_v10_276.jpg

:lol:

For me there's just no way I'd have any reason to fly to Stewart. It's just not in an area I would fly.

Still the airport looks very well done and maybe the devs will do another airport close by (then I could make a Point A to B type flight).

Well, you don't even have to wait for a Point B. Stewart is in the middle of Tom Curtis Inner Passage, Final Frontier and Canadian Rockies Sceneries.

These Add-ons already made this area to a very attractive location for VFR flights in X-Plane 10. From Vancoouver to Juneau (it doesn't reach Anchorage), Calgary and Yellowknife there are many airports included. These airports are no longer top of the line but at least they offered good points of operation in a very beautiful scenery which was improved with HD Mesh and HD Mesh 2. If you consider these things this airport makes sense.

Well, with the HD Mesh and either some of the Tom Curtis airports (already mentioned; and SOME of them still look decent when you set texture resolution to extreme) or some of the excellent freeware for the wider area, CZST was a good choice. In fact, the whole area (Pacific Northwest ... British Columbia, Alaska) is the area where I fly most of the time, because there is no place in the XP world with more scenery available.

To reach CZST, you could for example start in Prince Rupert; CYPR is one of Tom Curtis' better sceneries with lots of nice landmarks, and the distance to CZST is only 100 nm.

Of course more airports of the CZST quality would be nice :)

I'm hoping this developer does some more airports around the PNW. This was my favourite area to fly in FSX

I don't own this yet, but decided to download the mesh and take a look at the area, but noticed that some of the mountain area have  graphical gaps that you can see thru to the other side. Wonder am I alone?