Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

UK2000 London Heathrow V3 Released!

You need to uninstall version 2 and then install version 3.

Where does it say that? Ver3 is a completelly new product. i installed both (as a backup if the performance lacks) and it works fine as along as you only activate one at a time (of course).

Edited by Chrjs

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

I'm waiting for aerosoft/Simwings version (I know, scary right)....just to see how it compares. In the end it's likely i'll get UK2000 but I just want to compare:

-Price

-Frames

-Safedock systems

-Detail of modelled buildings

I previously uninstalled  Aerosoft Heathrow because the frame rates were extremely poor in comparison with the  previous UK Xtreme version (V2). Hopefully Aerosoft/Simwings might correct this in any remake, but I am pretty happy with UK Xtreme V3 anyway (despite a bit of an FPS hit), so I won't be buying any new Aerosoft version.

Bill

Ten screenshots of UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme (FSX version) on my PC. These were taken in GO Xtreme mode, and I have AA and AF set to 8xS and 16x respectively. Those are all AI planes that you can see, and they are a mixture of native UT2 and extra models and schedules integrated into UT2.

Nice shots. It looks strange to me to see buildings casting shadows and not the aircraft. Is this another one of those Airports that if aircraft cast shadows is selected you lose all your AI Aircraft?

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vbxux7ld5z5t3kr/fsx_2014-02-23_08-12-27-92.jpg

Is this another one of those Airports that if aircraft cast shadows is selected you lose all your AI Aircraft?

I have never used aircraft shadows in FSX. I was told that it was bugged, so I ignored it.

Where does it say that?

As far as I am aware, it isn't stated anywhere. However, since I am a UK2000 beta tester, I got the information straight from Gary. I am not sure why you would want to have two versions of Heathrow installed at the same time, but if it works then that's fine.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have never used aircraft shadows in FSX. I was told that it was bugged, so I ignored it.

Who told you that? I always use aircraft shadows with only Simwings EGLL having an issue, all the AI Aircraft disappear..

Hi

Just a quick question, are there any areas beyond the airport perimeter that are modelled ?

In particular, a nice representation of Myrtle Avenue would be great - I seem to recall that this was available as a freeware add on for the FS9 version, but, as far as I'm aware, it was never made for FSX.

Gary

The area modelled is restricted to the airport itself, so no Myrtle Avenue.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Wait all I said was shots should be AAed. You guys are talking about over the top editing.... Totally different. I also don't like all the post effects and enb settings, but shots should look presentable.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Screenshots for marketing purposes should certainly not be "edited" in any way, but I tend to agree with one or two people who have posted in this thread that they need to represent how the product will look on most PCs. That being the case, I am surprised that Gary doesn't add some anti aliasing to the screenshots that are presented on his website, because (I would assume) that the vast majority of UK2000 Xtreme Airport users will be using AA, even in its most basic form.

The screenshots that I have posted are all "in sim", and have not been edited whatsoever. In fact, I wouldn't know how to do that! The only difference to those screenshots compared to the view in FSX on my PC is that I forgot to change the haze distance. I normally set this to 20 or 30 miles, because "unlimited" looks far too "harsh" in broad daylight.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Run's really well on my i7 system, no stutters and appears to run better than the previous version! I did not have any traffic on the stands though. Default AI was set at 20% but did not see much evidence of traffic. Now installing World Of AI and hope to see some traffic. I did not select the static traffic  option in the installer.

Charles

It has taken me ages to build up the UT2 airline schedules, but it was worth it. I counted around 100 AI planes at Heathrow when I was testing it the other day, and there were something like 80 of them at Gatwick at 6 AM (which looked even more spectacular, because they were all in a much smaller area than those 100 at Heathrow). The framerates take a hit at that kind of AI density, but so long as I can get about 13-15fps in the worst case scenario, I can live with it. Anyway, who wants to see a handful of planes at Heathrow? That isn't what "as real as it gets" means.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png