Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Might not be related but have you updated SkyMaxxPro to 3.1.2? I was getting CTDs with 3.1.1 which went away after update.

This seems to have fixed my random crashes. Thanks again

• Upvote 1

Good First impressions video

• Upvote 2

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Good First impressions video

OMG, the rain animation look stunning and the cockpit looks superb, and the sounds sound amazing  !!!! I wasn't planning on buying this since I am a GA flyer but that video sold me ! 

Will the tutorials teach me how to fly the plane ?

This video deserves it's own pin !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Indeed...evening approach in Frankfurt is a pleasure for any flight simmer's eyes.

• Upvote 2

OMG, the rain animation look stunning and the cockpit looks superb, and the sounds sound amazing  !!!! I wasn't planning on buying this since I am a GA flyer but that video sold me ! 

Will the tutorials teach me how to fly the plane ?

This video deserves it's own pin !

I thought there were a few too many 'wow's but yes, it was nice to see the video.

Have you watched the videos by Jan on youtube?  (user IXEG, they're from pre-release but it still looks great)

The plane is lovely.  It sounds great (engine, switches, pitch trim wheel, etc.) and looks great.

I'm about to try the first tutorial flight.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Here is one of our tutorial videos (1hr) that most of you havn't seen yet.  Again our 737 captain walks you through a complete flight - recommended watching   :smile: Also includes autoland and auto go-around.  

• Upvote 4

I just completed my first flight from KLAX to KSFO with full autoland and it went perfectly. No crashes no errors at all. This after I removed XPUIPC  first from my plugins folder. Just disabling it is not enough. I created the flightplan online (onlineflighplanner.org) and then copied it to a .fpl file and loaded this into the FMC.

I just purchased and downloaded this bird.  I'm almost speechless....  The immersion and "aliveness" (is that a word?  :)  )of this product have to see and experience to be believed.

I have many times ridden in a 737 Classic as a pax, so I'm not used to flying from the cockpit.  Although, many years ago now, when AVSIM hosted an annual convention in Denver (close to my home-town, Boulder), I had booked (and paid for) some UA sim time in a B744.  Due to operational issues I (and my CFII) were unable to get into the 744 sim, but as a consolation prize we got additional time in a B73 Classic simulator. These are full-motion sims with a real cockpit panel, of course, and the experience is almost incomparable to a desktop sim (we got KSFO 28R ILS approaches).  My recollection is that the engines were louder than this product (in the cockpit), although some of this may have been the rumbling sounds and actual vibrations.  But this reminds me of that day many years ago now, when UA had their sim farm at the old Stapleton airport in Denver.  Very nice!

Several issues I have seen:  Firstly, the old 3fps that Macs seem to be prone to- it took some time to develop, and I think those of us affected are looking for a solution-  this seems to be more persuasive in the JAR A320 with the BSS sounds, but although the fps were very fluid and smooth, all of a sudden it "struck".  I was able to get back to fluid simming by disabling the SMP plug-in-  but this was in CAVOK weather in the XP weather menu (which is really clear), so go figure (I have SMP v1.2 installed).

Next- how does one get into the cabin from the cockpit?  The cockpit door seems to have no click-spots, as does the door lock (which I first thought might disable the door when locked), and the door blocks my "walk" into the cabin.  I have read here that the cabin is a WIP, but it's some wing views that I'm after.  I will search here, but any ideas in the meantime?

Finally-  the shaking may be a bit overdone- I'm not an expert to know, and there may be an option to control that which I haven't yet found.

Great job guys-   this is truly a premier product.  Well done....!!

Bruce.

• Upvote 1

You can get wing views by using a trick. Open the cockpit window , move outside as far as you can through the window, save the view. Go back inside and close the window then use the view you saved to go back outside and move to the wing view you want and save this i.e CTRL+1-9

full.jpg

The cabin is very basic at the moment so no much to see there.

• Upvote 2

Its funny, watching Jan fly the First Flight tutorial it seemed to me that the plane was almost on rails, it just flew straight and in the direction he wanted.

I wondered whether this was realistic.

Then I tried it myself and it wasn't quite like that  :P

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Thanks Glenn,  much appreciated....

For some reason, when I try to open the window, the mouse "hand" goes to a minute "dot" when I left click the mouse (right click doesn't do much either).  I'm clicking on the clickable bar at the front of the captain's side forward window.  I'll search here for clues of how to open the window....  also, once again, I'm on a Mac (don't know if this matters or not as far as mouse clicks go).

Thanks, Bruce.

Its funny, watching Jan fly the First Flight tutorial it seemed to me that the plane was almost on rails, it just flew straight and in the direction he wanted.

I wondered whether this was realistic.

Then I tried it myself and it wasn't quite like that  :P

I assume he is some thousand hours ahead of you ... :wink: :Tounge:

• Upvote 2

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Having watched that video posted above, I think I am going to by XPX the next time there is a sale on steam. This might propel XPX to the no1. sim of choice!

Having watched that video posted above, I think I am going to by XPX the next time there is a sale on steam. This might propel XPX to the no1. sim of choice!

Yes, it has come a long way. X-Plane 10 with IXEG and some other addons is certainly worth the money, even if it is not on sale...

• Upvote 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Is no one commenting on the fact that this plane was released with a broken FMC that will pretty much crash on every single flight?

I'm all for X-Plane getting some great airliners, but people should not be giving IXEG any money until they fix the FMC. Compare these guys to Aerosoft who at least had the sanity not to release a broken product.

• Upvote 1