Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

Transition to xplane 10

Hello, i would like to start using xplane 10, but i want to fly aircraft that are near pmdg complexity level so i need tips on hardware and aircraft addons that will enhance the desktop simulation level away from old and bugy fsx, thanks.

Indeed those planes, also look for the LES Saab 340 the most complex turboprop to date and the Carenados, best GA's for XP10.

Good luck,

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

In terms of systems complexity if you are used to in depth FMS/FMC go for the JAR A320, Flight Factor 757 and Flight Factor 777.  I am an FSX convert and still swear by PMDG... I found these planes satisfy my FMC demands :)

In terms of graphics and hardware I've found you need quite a beast if you want to run high settings.

Get a video card with preferably 4GB of RAM.... like a GTX770 etc.  AMD cards probably work well too.

CPU-wise I'd go for 4770K, 8-16GB of RAM

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Honestly I don't know how XP operates with AMD I'm guessing fine though.  I'm an FSX user too so I prefer Intel's lineup at the moment.  I was a hard core AMD user in the past but when sandy bridge came out it pretty much destroyed anything AMD had going.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not to hijack the thread but how does this thing do with video RAM?  I've only got a 1.2GB card and the carenado king air ate up quite a bit so I had to decrease texture quality a lot....  Also does it work online with client like Pilot Edge or XSB?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Hello, i would like to start using xplane 10, but i want to fly aircraft that are near pmdg complexity level so i need tips on hardware and aircraft addons that will enhance the desktop simulation level away from old and bugy fsx, thanks.

me too, but i continue to struggle with how to assign custom commands to keys / buttons with the mentioned aircraft & so have a "good simmable experience" .... given the developers have no interest in providing configurable key command "plugins" & unfortunately it seems for me / many (cockpit builders in particular)the only other alternative in this is learning a new skill - computer programming - when all i want to do is buy & fly !!

for now, cheers

john martin

Get a video card with preferably 4GB of RAM.... like a GTX770 etc.

Are you sure about the 4GB?  I'm running at 780Ti and it only has 3G?

But yes graphic card can be quite important for XPX, along with the rest of the hardware.  Perhaps have a look at:

Have a look around forums.x-plane.org, there are much more information, that's what I got told when I made the switch some 1-2 months ago.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Are you sure about the 4GB? I'm running at 780Ti and it only has 3G?

Certainly, I just bought a GTX 760 that has 4 GB. As far as I know, they go up to 6GBs.

Certainly, I just bought a GTX 760 that has 4 GB. As far as I know, they go up to 6GBs.

Wow that is really cool! Which brand does that?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

AHA, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NEW AMD FX SERIES, IT HAS HIGH CPU FREQUENCY AND 2x QUAD CORE?! THANKS ANYWAY FOR INFO....

Look at my specs, I have AMD FX8350 with GTX670 and it's running well, i'm satisfied with the performance