Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

It seems now more apparent than ever that SLI support will be necessary going forward.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I'm not seeing any change, positive or negative with NI + 337.50 + 2.2

That's my experience also.

It seems now more apparent than ever that SLI support will be necessary going forward.

Yes  and LM know ... stay tuned.

I installed the patch per the instructions stated here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439035-read-me-first-if-you-are-having-v22-issues-follow-these-steps/

The results:

• Very fluid flight with no stuttering
  • Tons of autogen
  • No VAS OOM's
  • Higher level of Depth and Immersion based on cloud shadows, along with the light and shadowing that P3D offers as base functionality

This is the simulation platform of the present and the future.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

My only issue seems to be cloud performance - I'm using REX 4 2048 low level clouds and whenever I get close or fly through them my performance tanks down quite a bit and I see 100% GPU usage on my GTX780 in MSI afterburner?

Should the clouds punish my system this much?

I'm using settings almost identical to Rob A's - except I'm at 1920x1200

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Especially if any of us are planning on using Oculus. I think they state somewhere 60fps will be the absolute minimum...

Could someone please do "heavy" stress test with KJFK/EGLL/AI Traffic + any complex commercial liner (either Aerosoft A32X or PXXX737/777) and report FPS and, most importantly, VAS usage

Thank you

Didn't follow the advice for a good update and am getting same-or-worse performance and more crashes. Doing a fresh install now, will report back if things improve.

You missed what the slider affects ... it's controlling the "casting" of terrain shadows over view distance.

A fresh install of what?  

There is NO harm in deleting the shader folder.  If you do CTD or have and issue that suddenly terminates P3D, it's a good idea to delete the shader folder prior to starting P3D again.

Cheers, Rob.

Fresh install meaning: Complete removal of P3DV2.1 and addons restart then A clean install of 337.50 drive and restart and a complete install of P3D V2.2. run exit system restart. Then I overclocked the Graphic card with MSI Afterburner. Shaders are compiled base on hardware right? so if the card was overclocked would it make a difference to the shaders? Any just explaining what I meant. As Bill pointed out :'If In Doubt delete the shaders'.

Its quittin time and I'm going flyin! :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Novation, on 08 Apr 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

I'm not seeing any change, positive or negative with NI + 337.50 + 2.2

That's my experience also.

I am seeing stability overclocking my GTX 780 20mhz high for Core and mem than I could before 377.50

My only issue seems to be cloud performance - I'm using REX 4 2048 low level clouds

Yes, I've noticed that also, but it varies ... one thing that seems odd (and I have reported to LM) is that if I set weather to clear skies (after using the default startup weather) my FPS drops 33% (from 30 to 20) ... not sure what is going on here, but removing rendering of clouds and their shadows should NOT make my fps drop (it should go up a little).  Could be nVidia 337.50 BETA driver issue ... going to revert back to original WHQL drivers and see if the issue remains.

Cheers, Rob.

Shaders are compiled base on hardware right? so if the card was overclocked would it make a difference to the shaders?

Yes and no, Hardware provides a shader level support, but overclocking is not relevant to that support so it would make no difference to shaders.

Clean install here and I now have stutters where I never did before... GREAT!

If you are going to do any cloud testing I would use the default clouds as a benchmark.

To be honest, I haven't found any textures in Rex 4D that look better to my eyes, and perform as well as the defaults!

The cloud shadows totally kills my FPS...from 65-80 straigth down to 13-20fps. Using default clouds, ASN and lowest cloud shadow setting. Around 70% overcast, so cloud shadow is only usable when the are few clouds in the sky. Using 337.50 and 780, fresh Win 8.1 install and fresh P3D 2.2.

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

:Yawn:  think I'll hang on to FSX until things eventually get sorted.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776