Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Prepar3D 2.2 Released!

Hello,

I've just bought P3D 2.2 and it works fine without doing anything in the default settings except the FPS which I set at 30. I run at a steady 30 even though I only have a GTX 560 Ti 1G, CPU I7 2600K at 4.4 Ghz. I am glad that my CH yoke, rudder pedals , 3 saitek quadrants, Saitek radio panel and  MCP work fine thanks to FSUIPC and Spad drivers. So far so good. No  tweaking at all (I can't believe it !!!)

and this is my GPU workload. Not sure if I would benefit upgrading.

A few issues on GPU-Z and how it measures GPU performance and comes up with some single "load" value?  As far as I know that's impossible as different DX11 calls will have different processing requirements ... so I'd like to know how GPU-Z is coming up with a single "load" value?

Also, look at your "Sensor refresh rate" = 1 second, that's a LONG LONG LONG time in GPU terms where performance is measured in Billions of floating point operations per second ... you are not really seeing anything that is terribly useful with such a low sample rate.  The low sample rate is probably used in order to not skew performance, because as you increase the sample rate you are increasing load and hence skewing any results.  So take what you see in GPU-Z as "interesting" but not really something you can base any conclusions from.

Cheers, Rob.

Well i just took the sunday off and desided to go P3DV2.2 . Installed FTXG,FTXMESH,PNW and CYVR,KJFK to do some testing. Seems like my ASN is broken.Cant find the link to the 2.2 version but took some flight without any tweaking in the default Baron in CYVR and on what i would call Dense settings or moderat with low traffic i manage to get 35-55 fps in Vancouver with stunning night and light graphics and shadows. Looks promising for the future.

No experience so i guess its more or less the level of power from my PC. I have shadows at 10km and water on high with only terrain reflections and the default enabled.

Michael

I7-4770K@4,5

GTX780SC 1110MHZ 

W7-64

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Well i just took the sunday off and desided to go P3DV2.2 . Installed FTXG,FTXMESH,PNW and CYVR,KJFK to do some testing. Seems like my ASN is broken.Cant find the link to the 2.2 version but took some flight without any tweaking in the default Baron in CYVR and on what i would call Dense settings or moderat with low traffic i manage to get 35-55 fps in Vancouver with stunning night and light graphics and shadows. Looks promising for the future.

No experience so i guess its more or less the level of power from my PC. I have shadows at 10km and water on high with only terrain reflections and the default enabled.

Michael

I7-4770K@4,5

GTX780SC 1110MHZ 

W7-64

ASN is not P3D compatible yet. It's in the pipe though, there's a beta version.

ASN is not P3D compatible yet. It's in the pipe though, there's a beta version.

I've been using the ASN beta version in my recent videos, it's working well with P3DV2.2.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks to some of tips that I got you guys re: setting I basically think that Its as good as I am going to get it until I stick at least one more GTX 780 in the case. I did find a good bit of extra millage setting FPS to Unlimited and turning of V-sync and Triple buffing. I am constantly getting over 30FPS most of the time around 40fps. It is perfectly smooth. Getting into cities and International airports it gets down as low as 22 but it is still very smooth and only panning reveals the lower frame rate. I am flying the A2A 172 with these setting and its great. I am using ASN and that is also working great. Also using REX4 for everything except cloud textures. I am sticking with default Cloud texture until the rotating cloud issue is resolved. I am not saying its REX4 that is to blame. I withdraw that remark but I barely notice any cloud rotation at all with the default clouds and same weather compared with REX4 where I turn my head and the entire cloud layer turns into a rotating gear chain.

Just took a one hour + flight from YPEC south along the coast of ORBX Australia to a nearby city and International airport (cant remember the name :smile: )and it was the most immersive flight I have ever had in Flight Sim. What LM have do to this Sim is nothing short of miraculous. I was just missed by a massive bolt of lighting. I scared the bejizzers out of me! :lol:

So I have been away from flight Sims for about five years and P3D restoked my interest. I just finished building a new system with a 4770k and a nv770 and I just sprung for P3D. I have been following this thread with great interest. So it seems the only tweak necessary is AF. What is the optimal setting for a 4770k with HT off? My FPS is great, but it does seem that texture loading is a little slow?

Jim

What is the optimal setting for a 4770k with HT off?

That's my exact situation and I am using the Windows Task Manager to Set priority to High and Afinity to All.

I recall ready somewhere doing it that way was better. You can Affinity Mask to the .cfg and "all" would be the same as AF = 15

Hello,

I've been running P3Dv 2.2 for just a couple of days now. I have FTX Global and FSDT CYVR and Simmaddons Kelowna installed. I'm using My Traffic X for AI and mostly flying the Majestic Q400. I've done no tweaks to the config (which is refreshing) and I'm playing with the settings to find the sweet spot. I see that most of you are not using NI for your graphic settings and are running with V-sync disabled. While the effects with the cloud shadows and shadows in the cockpit are really cool,my concern is that we traded Image quality for effects. With no AA you get shimmering with addon airports and with v-sync turned off there is tearing anytime you rotate your view. Are these things we're just going to have to live with or is this something that will be addressed in the future either by LM or Nvidia?

NAX669.png

Hello,

I've been running P3Dv 2.2 for just a couple of days now. I have FTX Global and FSDT CYVR and Simmaddons Kelowna installed. I'm using My Traffic X for AI and mostly flying the Majestic Q400. I've done no tweaks to the config (which is refreshing) and I'm playing with the settings to find the sweet spot. I see that most of you are not using NI for your graphic settings and are running with V-sync disabled. While the effects with the cloud shadows and shadows in the cockpit are really cool,my concern is that we traded Image quality for effects. With no AA you get shimmering with addon airports and with v-sync turned off there is tearing anytime you rotate your view. Are these things we're just going to have to live with or is this something that will be addressed in the future either by LM or Nvidia?

You can still use VSYNC in Prepar3D, just enable it inside of Prepar3D and make sure Windows Aero isn't turned off.

So I have been away from flight Sims for about five years and P3D restoked my interest.

Welcome back to the hobby.  You came at a great time and your system should be able to handle the future that P3D will provide.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks to some of tips that I got you guys re: setting I basically think that Its as good as I am going to get it until I stick at least one more GTX 780 in the case. I did find a good bit of extra millage setting FPS to Unlimited and turning of V-sync and Triple buffing. I am constantly getting over 30FPS most of the time around 40fps. It is perfectly smooth. Getting into cities and International airports it gets down as low as 22 but it is still very smooth and only panning reveals the lower frame rate. I am flying the A2A 172 with these setting and its great. I am using ASN and that is also working great. Also using REX4 for everything except cloud textures. I am sticking with default Cloud texture until the rotating cloud issue is resolved. I am not saying its REX4 that is to blame. I withdraw that remark but I barely notice any cloud rotation at all with the default clouds and same weather compared with REX4 where I turn my head and the entire cloud layer turns into a rotating gear chain.

Just took a one hour + flight from YPEC south along the coast of ORBX Australia to a nearby city and International airport (cant remember the name :smile: )and it was the most immersive flight I have ever had in Flight Sim. What LM have do to this Sim is nothing short of miraculous. I was just missed by a massive bolt of lighting. I scared the bejizzers out of me! :lol:

I had a very similar experience, using P3d 2.2 and the FTX Global/Vector, FS Global 2010 mesh triple whammy, just flying along the Welsh cost in the UK was mesmerising, with crisp, realistic textures, things everywhere - buildings, trees, cars and lorries, clouds, interesting, realistic coastlines.....utterly mesmerising

I later flew from London to the Mediterranean at night, engrossed by the night lighting and detail of the FTX products, as well as the French alps courtesy of the FS Global mesh

As I neared the coastline and crossed into the med sea, I entered an area of increased cloud, including a towering thunderstorm to my left. the ASN weather radar showed all the rain, and I watched in awe at the lightning flashes as I passed safely to the East, experiencing a bit of turbulence

LM have done a sterling job, but FTX and ASN deserve as much credit for the astonishing state of flight simulation, especially when you consider this platform seemed dead when MS laid off the Aces team

oh and Carenado, the Phenom is ace

Ok so this is kind of interesting. I decided to properly overclock my GTX680 over the weekend. I flew the same route yesterday out of KPMP which was heavily overcast and raining, in P3D and FSX and performance was actually significantly better in P3D through that cloud layer. I should note that I did dial back the cloud layer slider in P3D ASN to 4 instead the default 5. I'm also using 1024 textures with DXT in both sims, good enough for me imo. Overclocking certainly seems to have an impact. I will have to do more testing but its certainly looking a little better on my end.  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ok so this is kind of interesting. I decided to properly overclock my GTX680 over the weekend. I flew the same route yesterday out of KPMP which was heavily overcast and raining, in P3D and FSX and performance was actually significantly better in P3D through that cloud layer. I should note that I did dial back the cloud layer slider in P3D ASN to 4 instead the default 5. I'm also using 1024 textures with DXT in both sims, good enough for me imo. Overclocking certainly seems to have an impact. I will have to do more testing but its certainly looking a little better on my end.  

Great , what aircraft are you using for testing ? What is low on FPS and what is heavy btw (Aircraft) ?

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

For testing purposes Alabeo 172 for both. I should say that I did have cloud shadows disabled for proper comparison with FSX. I am trying to improve performance in P3D during overcast conditions and shadows simply adds a whole new element, albeit visually nice, a total performance killer.  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor