Sign in to follow this  
airplaneguru84

cloud shadows - finally!

I'm in love with cloud shadows.

This was taken in P3d 2.2 over some airport scenery I'm currently working on - ignore the black control tower(s?)

FTX Global, Opus weather, REX4.

Full resolution http://cubeupload.com/im/mynameismatt/201449037217.jpg

201449037217.jpg

i9 10850K, RTX3080, MSFS.

My avsim uploads      Myflightsim.to uploads

The community have been vocal about cloud shadows for as long as I remember (I started simming in 2001) and isn't it great that it is finally here. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Guest Mik75

That looks seriously nice! Cloud shadows are so important for a believable and realistic look, it simply adds the depth that is missing in FSX's pretty but not lifelike looking scenery. (just my opinion)

Looks really, really nice.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'm installing v2.2 updates today.  I can't wait!!  Great stuff :-)

I'm installing v2.2 updates today.  I can't wait!!  Great stuff :-)

Make sure to install correctly and remove the old shader file.  I followed the instructions for this link and everything worked well. (As it should).  Good luck and reach out to the community if you are having issues.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/439035-read-me-first-if-you-are-having-v22-issues-follow-these-steps/

Content below from link:

Be sure you follow the patch instructions, these next steps are critical:

While the uninstaller removes all files that are created by the installer, it does not

completely remove content that was generated during program execution. New versions of Prepar3D use new config file options, etc.

You need to delete these 4 folders. You might want to back up your old scenery.cfg or the contents of these folders so you can restore pieces manually if desired.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Now you should restart your computer. After your computer has restarted, run the patched Prepar3D v2.2 again and let the system regeneration and recompile those files.

You will need to go back in one by one and re-add your add-ons to the dll.xml and exe.xml to see which one is causing problems, perhaps they have not updated their addons to work with v2.2 yet.

Wes Bard

Software Manager - Prepar3D® Team

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

the shadows on the ground are amazing! love the new 2.2update.  Lockheed Martin just made history this year releasing an amazing upgraded FSX/ESP Sim.  I am fully supporting them and only buying P3Dv2 Payware from now on and might retire spending money on other sims............FS9 / FSX / XP10 :ph34r:

Oh my God...After seeing that screen shot, it's not a question of "IF" I'll be getting P3D, it's a matter of "WHEN".

Great screen capture!

M