Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26APR14 - P3D Development Status Thread - Updated

Customer Licensing for General and Personal Training licenses will be handled directly through PMDG's current eCommerce portal.  All other licensing options will be handled on customer-specific non-public portals.

For those asking about an "Academic Licence" its written here, while PMDG are often not as black and white as they could be.... this states that their general and personal training licenses will be handled in the same way as the FSX products.

This means that you can log into PMDG's website and click buy now on a General and personal product.

Happy to be corrected if I have interpreted this wrong, but this is my general understanding.

Regards

Kirk

I believe the answer is simple ... 
Lockheed Martin wants to get rich with the passion of virtual pilots who are able to build a home cockpit and force them to spend costs are impossible to create a complete simulator. 
I pray and hope PMDG to be on our side and respects our passion. 
thanks
Mauro

As a defence contractor, they would have to be pretty desperate for cash if they were looking to get rich off us lot

One thing I am interested to know is... will things move quickly once all of the legal stuff is sorted out? Certainly work needs to be done to ensure all features work in P3D and update installers, etc and test.  Any thoughts?

Really hoping it will be a fairly quick release of products once PMDG gets the green light.

A2A seem to have the legal issues sorted !....   ^_^ :wub: :wub: :wub:

Joe Park

From what I am seeing. The T7 for FSX is running around $90. With these licensing issues with PMDG's vendors for commercial use, I almost guarantee the price will probably be increased significantly for P3D solely on this basis (PMDG, feel free to correct me on this). This is probably the whole reason why they are having these licensing issues. This could also be why the X-Plane thread has yet to be updated so much. They have licensing issues over there. Just one flashdrive can turn the home version into the Professional copy of X-Plane.

However in the end, I expect nothing less from the quality of products PMDG will bring.

Taylor

It's already more than a month from last PMDG words.

News about this progress or at least estimates for the release date.

It's already more than a month from last PMDG words.

News about this progress or at least estimates for the release date.

Unfortunately we will likely be waiting for a long time.  I have been waiting since November for significant progress announcements on their XPX project or P3D release of their FSX products... and none of us have any new information (other than the red tape issues mentioned for why P3D is delayed).  Everything has been about the FSX SP1 and 300 ER.  Hoping to get more updates once the wrap that up, but who knows.  

Best strategy would be to give up the hopes for the next several months.

And I fear the next shock for us will be the pricing  -_-

We will see ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Agree with Guenseli....Nothing is going to happen this year...I recon 2nd quarter 2015.

And yes...for those with Professional P3D license...it wont be cheap, thats for certain.

In my mind, despite how much I enjoyed in particular the T7, there is no way I would pay very much or anything to add the T7 to P3D2.x unless the architecture has been quite significantly updated to exploit the P3D's rendering engine.  As it stands now, V2.2 gets CPU bound plenty easily, and it happens right where you'd be flying the T7 out of, and that would be larger terminals.   Maybe this goes w/o saying, but thus far, to the best of my knowledge, we have no idea what 'optimized for P3D V2.x' even means, and we have no examples of it in terms of aircraft.   IOW, show us the performance--we already know just how great these offerings are from PMDG, so for me now it's really about not just EULA and installers, it's all about performance before I would be willing to jump back in to PMDG.

By now perhaps PMDG has some ideas about this very issue, how to optimize performance for P3D V2.x. If so, be great to hear about it.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't care how much it costs and I don't care if there is no discount as an existing customer.

Once the red tape is cut through and PMDG release the 777/737 for P3D, I'm buying them and deleting FSX for good.

I don't care how much it costs and I don't care if there is no discount as an existing customer.

Once the red tape is cut through and PMDG release the 777/737 for P3D, I'm buying them and deleting FSX for good.

Don't encourage PMDG to be evil  :P  ^_^

EDIT: the only thing why I'm disappointed is the complete lack of the slightest info.

just rough estimations would be enough: 

We could probably make it till summer 2014 or more likely to the end of year or next year or whatever.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester