Sign in to follow this  
cckeating

Help me pick an airbus!

Hi guys, inspired by past discussions among jcomm and others, I want to jump into jetliner payware airbus territory.

Which is a good first one? Fbw and handflying are most important to me.

I'm hoping the package includes a good tutorial or quick flight documentation.

The ones most often mentioned for few performance are peters a321 or the qpac. Is this still the case?

Thanks for any help

Go for the JAR Designs.  I have both the Aerosoft version on P3D and Jar on XPX... the system depth in JAR rivals Aerosoft and the cockpit in JAR is actually a nicer place to be in. 

Guest Mik75

You should definitely take a look at Peters Aircraft Airbus A320/321 as well!

In terms of FBW (one of the key features of these aircraft), there is no better offering available on any sim platform right now. It's worth mentioning, that the auto flight and FBW plugin of Peters Airbusses comes from a company called QPAC, and these guys offer their own A320, which is cheaper than the other Airbusses for XPX. It is very good, but is has no 3D cockpit and the outside model isn't as good as with Peter's Airbus.

The JARDesign has its strengths in the FMGS, which is modeled very deeply. It's FBW isn't the best though. But as mentioned above, the updates for it come quite frequently. If you can afford it, you could get both. (I have all of them! ;-) )

The JAR Airbus is very nice!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Yep been flying JAR airbus now for about 3 months, it's mega! I haven't flown aerosoft airbus in fsx for quite a while now because I am done with fsx, but aerosoft was real nice too.

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

I'm holding this thread responsible for me forking money out for the Jar 320 last night....

Even have connected up an old joystick beside my yoke (Left side) :rolleyes:

Now I only have to learn how to fly it after all these years with Boeings  !!!!!!

Trevor Golding

Guys, another question if I may.

Does the Jar allow you to start in the air to practice an ILS approach for instance? Or do you have to go through the whole preflight every time?

Does the JAR allow you to save the state of the aircraft?

I read the QPAC has some interesting features:

-full replay capability

-jump to waypoint

-start a flight in air to practice ILS approaches

Can the JAR do this?

Thanks.

Guys, another question if I may.

Does the Jar allow you to start in the air to practice an ILS approach for instance? Or do you have to go through the whole preflight every time?

Does the JAR allow you to save the state of the aircraft?

I read the QPAC has some interesting features:

-full replay capability

-jump to waypoint

-start a flight in air to practice ILS approaches

Can the JAR do this?

Thanks.

Unfortunately it doesn't support panel state saving. It's the one thing I wish JAR can implement in the future.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I would caution against the JAR.  I have had it for a couple days and so far feel like I paid 60 USD to be a beta tester for it.  I have been emailing back and forth with the creator more than I've been flying it.  First I couldn't get a complete list of SIDs and STARs for certain airports, then the flightpath wouldn't show up on the display, and now at certain airports I can't even do something as simple as add a direct waypoint.  It works fine at one airport and at another you click the respective LSK and nothing happens.  This plane is all over the place.

Joseph Catino