Sign in to follow this  
IguazuFalls

GSX: a must-have for the PMDG 777?

I don't think it is a must have but it is something good to have. And I hope GSX provide one more cargo loader instead of just two, so a 777 can have one belt loader and two conventional cargo loaders as in real life.

Pushback is generally better in GSX, but the way the pushback truck leaves after the pushback and the ground staff waves goodbye to you are better in AES.

Danny F

Thanx Kyle. I'm more for realism than eye candy, so for the moment I won't buy it. Makes my wallet and my wife happy.

Looks like it's called High Definition Environment v2 (the file name I have is 1hdev2-1.zip).  I can't remember where it came from.  Might have been right here at AVSIM.

Kyle Rodgers

AES does not support the DX10

It does work fine in DX10, provided you use the "Fixer".

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It would be nice to be able to customize those times, though...

It is. You can set how many seconds the loading and unloading of a passenger needs. What I haven't figured out is how the program determines how many passengers you actually plan to board.

AES and GEX have similarities but the "differences" in AES is basically moving jetways at only supported airports with only a one time aircraft setup required. What you get with GEX is push back functionality at every airport with only a one time aircraft setup, but setup is required for every airport.

As my skill has evolved over the years, I have migrated away from trivial stuff like moving jetways. Things like ATC add-ons, high-end aircraft, PAX add-ons, Weather and Texture add-ons and high-end airports are what interest me. Sitting in my cockpit, I can't see the jetways move anyway so what's the need? Some airports come with FSX style. I am on the contention that AES is way over priced anyway.

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

I am on the contention that AES is way over priced anyway.

Agree!

- TONY -

I have AES and bought credits for some airports but for some reason I just don't use it anymore.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Thanks for all the feedbacks gents. Not having realized there's a possibility to actually try the product first, I think I have something to do this weekend.  :wink:

GSX works very good, looks very good and adds a lot of realism in terms off ground procedures (workflow and timing). I use it for the PMDG NGX (passenger) and the PMDG T7 (frighter) and it is always a great joy.

The FSDT service is fast, friendly and accurate and the frequent updates are integrated flawlessly even while FSX is running. The customization level of  airports (ramps and gates), A/Cs (e.g. doors) and vehicles is tremendous and the graphical guidance is well done.

So a "1+" or "A" or "10 out of 10" from my side for GSX by FSDT!

Greetings,

Claus

BTW: I think they might be working on a special or extended GSX cargo edition e.g. for the T7F, although the current T7F implementation with the "commander" 15 and 30 cargo loader are already "top notch".

I never think twice when buying a product from FSDreamteam. Great quality addons. I have both GSX and KJFK.

@topic. Yes GSX is a must have , not only for PMDG 777 but any aircraft. The best feature in it as others have mentioned is it's pushback, but I also love it's follow me feature.