Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

It was pretty clear to me that he was saying that his contact did NOT get the golden ring, and that he was not going to try and see if that contact knows who DID get it.

I think you got it backward!

Why would an jet aircraft company suddenly want to start writing software for a simulator? Doesn't really make sense.

ya Lockheed Martin? :)

Lockheed Martin purchased ESP, training software. FSX is gaming / entertainment software.

Why would a jet aircraft company suddenly want to start writing gaming software, is what I should have asked.

Not until I read his reply.

It went from "I'm special, I've got inside info", to "I didn't know as much as I thought", to "simmers have a bright future", to "now I don't know what the future holds" all in one post.

Why would an jet aircraft company suddenly want to start writing software for a simulator? Doesn't really make sense.

A jet aircraft company writing flight sim software would be almost as crazy as a company like lockheed martin getting into developing FS software.   It will never happen

Lockheed Martin purchased ESP, training software. FSX is gaming / entertainment software.

Why would a jet aircraft company suddenly want to start writing gaming software, is what I should have asked.

Posted my  sarcastic comment before I saw this.  

Lockheed has pretty much done everything but say P3D can be used for gaming.   One of the big gripes was the price, so they came out with the *wink*  academic version LOL  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

One thing I find interesting, There is no real mention of any of this over at flightsim.com. There's only a short thread of a user making fun of the situation with only 3 or 4 replies. You would think something like this would have had as much play over there as it does here, if anything just to spread the rumor!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Any anger issues there Kangaby?

Maybe nappy rash? However in his defence, Flex (like you and I and many others on here) can wind some people up by the simplicity of our bluntness and "to the point" attitude. 

Not until I read his reply.

It went from "I'm special, I've got inside info", to "I didn't know as much as I thought", to "simmers have a bright future", to "now I don't know what the future holds" all in one post.

Not too different to many of the posts on here. But as he had obviously kept a lot of the information to himself for a period of time rather than jumping on here immediately (as many would) and say "guess what I heard" I think his comments came across quite well. That is of course, until some bright spark decided to challenge (and could only be bothered to read) part of the original thread. 

.............. at flightsim.com. There's only a short thread of a user making fun of the situation with only 3 or 4 replies. You would think something like this would have had as much play over there as it does here, if anything just to spread the rumor!

Maybe my highlighted edit of your post shows the difference between the two sites? Some people love rumours and pushing forth their opinion. Some people just ........... well, can't be bothered. 

I post at flightsim.com sometimes but find a real lack of interest for MSFlight there except for one dedicated individual who is trying to keep things going. As far as Flight is concerned it is like night and day between the two sites. I think we are much more laid back here and that is the way I like it. I can only hope we get some good news shortly.

Steve

NEWS ALERT!!!

PLEASE STAND BY! PLEASE STAND BY! A really important news announcement follows!

Todays big news is as follows;

Todays latest news is that there is no latest news, maybe tomorrow but not today - absolutely, positively, maybe tomorrow.

END OF NEWS ALERT.

I would like for the impending deal to lead to a new simulator equal to all we could possibly dream for. If that plays out great. If it does not then there is no loss except from within our own expectations or hopes. Why get worked up? It will be a long wait no matter what the outcome. I won't get worked up until I have to figure out how to convince my wife I need a new simulator and that we can afford it.

Regards to all,

FSX, Flight, FSX, Flight.. Rumour has it that it's Flight, not FSX.

Actually, 19 pages of codswallop. WE don't know. I will only care when we have real info, if any!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

FSX, Flight, FSX, Flight.. Rumour has it that it's Flight, not FSX.

Actually, 19 pages of codswallop. WE don't know. I will only care when we have real info, if any!

Tom was pretty clear, it includes FSX, Flight and Tran Simulator 2.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Cool, so its the gaming stuff that Microsoft wants to dump, finally. 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

One thing I find interesting, There is no real mention of any of this over at flightsim.com. There's only a short thread of a user making fun of the situation with only 3 or 4 replies. You would think something like this would have had as much play over there as it does here, if anything just to spread the rumor!

I had noticed that too.

I post at flightsim.com sometimes but find a real lack of interest for MSFlight there except for one dedicated individual who is trying to keep things going. As far as Flight is concerned it is like night and day between the two sites.

Steve

Not just MS Flight. The problem (if you can call it that) with flightsim.com these days is that the site only seems to attract those simmers that are perfectly content with either FS9 or FSX. I don't think they are even interested in something new.

Tom was pretty clear, it includes FSX, Flight and Tran Simulator 2.

Tom did not state this as a fact, but as his personal belief. Read his post #180 again.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

In my experience, Flightsim.com only gets a fraction of the interesting forum traffic that AVSIM does.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png