Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

"Microsoft Sells License to FS Franchise" Part 2

This whole thread brings to mind Shakespere's wonderful play "Much Ado About Nothing."

Like the play, this thread trips along at a steady pace as characters invent and pass on totally misleading information; watching this process as it undoes characters is like playing a 16th century game of Telephone, albeit in a 21st century millieu... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

meh...came late to this discussion as I have been too busy as of late. Someone care to briefly summarize that last 21 pages. :blink:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

meh...came late to this discussion as I have been too busy as of late. Someone care to briefly summarize that last 21 pages. :blink:

Pretty much read the initial topic and you're in. :-)

Someone said there would be a big announcement at E3.

After E3 no such announcement was made.

So people are discussing about what should have been announced and whether it might have not been announced because E3 is Entertainment and as a "serious" simmer thy should not feel entertained to begin with.

And so on, and on and on .......

So E3 is over and no announcement. I am just going to fly X-Plane since it is the only actively developed consumer sim. Why bother with all this speculation over a dead platform when there is a really good actively developed one?

That is so lame! 2nd post. This clown was brought to You by X-Plane.com

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Fr. Bill  

You are generally well-informed on flight sim matters.  Do you know anything about this?

But not a consumer entertainment product; to quote the Prepar3d EULA "and only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment", which rules me out completely.

Are you seriously suggesting that you are not prepared (pun very much intended) to purchase P3D simply because you would be using it for entertainment purposes?? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Fr. Bill  

You are generally well-informed on flight sim matters.  Do you know anything about this?

Thank you for the compliment. Unfortunately I'm just as clueless as (nearly) everyone else, which is why I've not engaged in any speculation or other form of WAG.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Been away for last two pages, who is the buyer?

This whole thread brings to mind Shakespere's "Much Ado About Nothing."

Or "Hamlet" -

HORATIO

What news, my lord?

HAMLET

O, wonderful!

HORATIO

Good my lord, tell it.

HAMLET

No; you'll reveal it.

HORATIO

Not I, my lord, by heaven.

MARCELLUS

Nor I, my lord.

january

"and only for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment"

Seems there is a tunnel here big enough for train simulator... :lol: :huh: (sorry I couldn't resist this taboo subject)

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Been away for last two pages, who is the buyer?

All that we have established so far is that it is most certainly not the executive director of a particular airline "out there" (somewhere).

If we keep eliminating like this, we're bound to come up with the answer before Armageddon :lol:

Flightsim.com's forums seem almost dead, not dead in the since that Simflight's forums are but lackluster just the same no matter what you post.  You can post something over there and get 1 or two replies in six days no matter the importance.  It's sad because along with Avsim I want that site to stay prominent as well.  I post over there at times to help keep the traffic up but it's night and day compared to Avsim.  There's a flood of conversation/information here that's not found anywhere else in our community.

Or maybe they( members) spent more time flying.......just a thouhgt.