Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

CS 777 WIP Oneworld

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Your fast Phil - thanks - keep you posted - fist CS paint so getting use to kit

Looking forward to flying her. Thanks Rich!

Me too lol - welcome

Looks great Rich.

Thanks Brother

Nice Richard!  Your artistic talents are most welcome.

Cheers, Rob.

Looks good, Richard. I painted the Ethiopian 200LR and Freighter. The CS paint kit takes some time to become familiar. BTW, has anyone produced non-symmetrical wing textures that look real?

Ben

Thanks Guy - coming along nicely - I would think this weekend it would be delivered - WIP

2zi3q4p.jpg

Even though the shot was at dusk I will try to come close to real color and tone down reflection as you can see this color is not highly reflective - just did a quick photoshop adjustment on image shown above but real textures will need some tweaking as it is to dark - hence WIP

54fyoi.jpg

As it is a gloss paint on the real aircraft, the reflection level you currently have looks about right.

The silver AA uses is not particularly flashy though.

The silver color that Spirit uses would have looked much better and would have looked more like the legacy bare metal.

So I can take poison on that CS finally did a good job with the V1.4 release? I see more and more praising words for their aircraft. 9,99 sale I will buy their L1011 and the 777-200/300 if it's that good! I like the Electronic Flight Bag by the way. Can I use my navigraph charts easily with that feature?

Nice livery by the way!

Regards,

Peter

As it is a gloss paint on the real aircraft, the reflection level you currently have looks about right.

The silver AA uses is not particularly flashy though.

The silver color that Spirit uses would have looked much better and would have looked more like the legacy bare metal.

Ok great then I will tone it down just a little bit

JUST SUPERB!!!!

Thanks Mario - appreciate it

So I can take poison on that CS finally did a good job with the V1.4 release? I see more and more praising words for their aircraft. 9,99 sale I will buy their L1011 and the 777-200/300 if it's that good! I like the Electronic Flight Bag by the way. Can I use my navigraph charts easily with that feature?

Nice livery by the way!

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Pete - I would assume you could use charts just have convert them to right viewing format - I have not gotten to the efb yet

Hey Rich, here's some pics I took at LAX Friday before last that show the shine level on the new AA paint.

Hope this helps you to some degree and sorry for the crap quality of the pics.. of course I go and get a new galaxy s5 THIS week with the 16mb cam AFTER the trip...

I'll see if I can clean these up after work if you want.

aa1.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpgaa4.jpg

Richard,

The paint that they use on the new American livery has a different look depending on whether the sun is shining or not. If the sun is shining it almost has a metal flake pearlescence to it. If it's cloudy, it almost looks like a primer grey. It's much better looking when the sun is shining.

Hey Rich, here's some pics I took at LAX Friday before last that show the shine level on the new AA paint.

Hope this helps you to some degree and sorry for the crap quality of the pics.. of course I go and get a new galaxy s5 THIS week with the 16mb cam AFTER the trip...

I'll see if I can clean these up after work if you want.

aa1.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpgaa4.jpg

Richard,

The paint that they use on the new American livery has a different look depending on whether the sun is shining or not. If the sun is shining it almost has a metal flake pearlescence to it. If it's cloudy, it almost looks like a primer grey. It's much better looking when the sun is shining.

Awesome info guys appreciate the reference can never get enough - she sure is shiny - nice shots - looks like I will be busy this weekend  :good: 

Here ya go Rich!

A look at American Airlines paint shop painting process for the new AA livery.