Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

FSX Fiber Accelerator?

Glad to see some positive results with this software, however today I have uninstalled as it just turns my system into a stuttering mess at heavy airports with AI and the AXE?

Tried for two days but cannot get smoothness others report what ever setting it is better without, also tried with v synch on off and half refresh rate on off.

But as I said glad some are finding benefits...well done to the team for the development I will keep on the back burner in case of further upgrades

Cheers

Glad to see some positive results with this software, however today I have uninstalled as it just turns my system into a stuttering mess at heavy airports with AI and the AXE?

Tried for two days but cannot get smoothness others report what ever setting it is better without, also tried with v synch on off and half refresh rate on off.

But as I said glad some are finding benefits...well done to the team for the development I will keep on the back burner in case of further upgrades

Cheers

I am thinking this program will be of no use for heavy hitter payware aircraft that need to run unlimited fps in sim such as my CS777 in P3D it likes unlimited settings - but not sure 

Rich Sennett

A word of warning. Since trying this software I have not been able to get my frame rates back to where they was. I'm not saying it is this program, it might be a coincidence. I thought it was OK, but everytime I try since, I am loosing around 3 FPS. I have yet to fine out where it makes the changed.

I've just completed a test flight in a PMDG 737NGX from EGCC to EHAM over Horizon and NL2000 Photographic Scenery - al in all a fairly tough challenge for any system.

I did get slightly better (4-5) FPS and improved smoothness but at the cost of losing all detail in the landscape scenery - it was just a largely undifferentiated blur.

However, on the approach to EHAM the allotted 60 minutes expired, FA shut down and INSTANTLY FSX crashed with an OOM so clearly FA is doing a good job in preventing that particular problem.

The next test will be a flight across Ireland where I have Orbx scenery installed.

FA does seem to cause more problems for FSX when it quits. Makes me wonder what it affects, also after a very long flight, if it crashes and the brings the sim down, I would not be very happy.

Downloaded the demo 5 days ago.  I attempted to run it tonight for the first time and was presented with the activation screen!    Where is the demo then?

Dave Taylor gb.png

If your PC is struggling to keep the frame rate at the settings you choose in FSX and FSPS Fiber Accelerator you will find that the FSPS app will frequently set the frame rate to UNLIMITED. If you close FSX before Fiber in this state (UNLIMITED) then FSX saves the unlimited FPS setting as you close it. The problem is Fiber Acc requires that you have a limited FPS set in FSX before you launch Fiber, if you don't then the app will not function correctly.

Thanks a lot Andy

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Gonna copy and paste this from their support forum as some don't understand how this program works...

Guys first of all this is not just a "I give you frames" application . You most, misunderstood some the basic concept.

The application configured properly, tries to give you the best possible fps without sacrificing graphics. 

1. Set the Target frames inside FSX to something high i.e. 60 but not unlimited.
  2. Start Fiber at the scenario you want.
  3. Put a setting in fiber (into frames)
  4. If you put too high a setting yes you will get a quality drop (PC cannot follow the setting and is sacrificing everything to reach that)
  5. If you lower the setting to the point you see unlimited rarely or never, then this is the setting where you get the best possible frames matching the graphic quality you had set in FSX settings. (We switch to unlimited as a desperate measure. This alone would guide you that you had selected a too high of a setting for the current scenery ! )
  6. If you see the Terrain power graph stays always at over 50% you can raise a bit the setting at Fiber. (It means your PC has more to give)

Nvidia Inspector with ½ Refresh Rate (ON)

The instructions very clearly state to not use this setting, as you are thereby preventing the program from working properly.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have read all the instructions and never saw anything about 1/2 refresh rate not to be used. I have bought the program and love it but have my refresh in NI at 1/2 refresh (ON).

Just wondering where this was found.

Thumbs up for me.

Darcy

In no side says NI at half refresh (OFF), so I also wonder where it came from this.

I will now deal with NI at half refresh (OFF), but I have 3 monitors and I think I use NI at half refresh (ON), but this is one of my questions.

I really have to use some different settings which have 3 monitors with a resolution of 5760x1080 surround?

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

1/2 Refresh Rate severely limits the frame rate to an even factor of 60; 30, 20, 10...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I like it... something about not having system draw objects you can't see anyway just makes me happy..

I sure wish this had been created 3 years ago ...

1/2 Refresh Rate severely limits the frame rate to an even factor of 60; 30, 20, 10...

Do you or anyone else know, if you had Nvidia inspector set to 1/2 refresh rate, and change it to "OFF", do you have to reboot FSX to effect this change?

And, which is it, should refresh rate be set to "ON" or "OFF" for FA to work properly?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I think this would be perfect if there was an option to set a minimum for the terrain engine, and keyboard shortcuts to change the minimum frame rate on the fly with no need to switch to the FA app window

just my 2 cents