Sign in to follow this  
777cap

PMDG 777/ Taxiing The Beast

Wow, the OP just asked if anyone was interested in his PDF, nothing more. It's quite easy post +1 or don't post.

+1 for me, might be something in there that helps, thanks.

Okay, but what good would it do if the only responses he got were from those who were interested. If he wanted to know who was interested, it would help if he also knew why people may or may not be interested. After that, it would be his decision whether he continues with this or not. Then there's also people making him aware of possible copyright issues because they don't want him to get in trouble. By your logic, they shouldn't have posted?

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Okay, but what good would it do if the only responses he got were from those who were interested. If he wanted to know who was interested, it would help if he also knew why people may or may not be interested. After that, it would be his decision whether he continues with this or not. Then there's also people making him aware of possible copyright issues because they don't want him to get in trouble. By your logic, they shouldn't have posted?

Exactly.

Surround yourself not with people who will blow sunshine at you, but those who will help you to make a better product/service/etc.

Innovation doesn't come from "OMG YOUR IDEA IS THE BEST +1!!!!"  It comes from feedback and the (hopefully constructive) criticism of detractors.

Kyle Rodgers

These

work very well and are a good watch to accompany your favourite beverage.

Thanks

work very well and are a good watch to accompany your favourite beverage.
Very good videos, I was not aware of the bit about a 180 degree turn requiring tiller movement BEFORE you start moving!

Guys...those videos are being incorporated in the document.. I have planned this document pretty well,I spoke with Ryan and he asked me to send the document and said he would take a look at it.If there is something you would like to see in this document..PLEASE TELL ME..copyright material will be removed..I hope you realise i am getting in contact with a lot of people to make this document.

I don't understand why this pdf is necessary. The FCTM that comes with the 777 is the actual Boeing FCTM for the actual Boeing 777.

It has a lot more then 8 pages directly related to taxi techniques including picture and diagram references.

Why do you want to reinvent the wheel? Everything a captain needs to know to taxi the 777 came with the product documentation.

ajpongress: I am sorry?...I dont know if you have got the point here...this is not a replacement to FCTM,why would i try to reinvent the "wheel",i feel insulted.Have you heard of smartcockpit..the website.you get the very exact information about the systems as it is from the fcom.why that? is it needed,the systems of the 777 were made by boeing,the documents they made for the aircraft are sufficient for a captain.Yes.No matter how hard i try to make a new document,i certainly can't reinvent the wheel.

please look back at what i said earlier,the figures in the fcom are accurate for the real aircraft,this document makes figures for the sim.The techniques i am writting are to help simmers taxi the plane better in the sim,to try and overcome some bugs in FSX to make taxiing more enjoyable and realistic.If the idea was silly i am sure Ryan at PMDG would have told me to stop,not show the document to him.I am sure he has a lot of work to do.

If the idea is so silly maybe i wont upload it for everyone.I hope my explanation is clear,please dont make me repeat myself, More than anything else maybe as a ramp operator you could help us learn about the aircraft better.

warm regards

this is not a replacement to FCTM
So what you are doing is making a tutorial about how to taxi in FSX, for people who don't understand the FCOM \ FCTM.

I hope you realise i am getting in contact with a lot of people to make this document.
Good on ya! ^_^

And before anyone asks me to crawl through broken glass, I am joking, and plan a tutorial of my own on how to correctly call the flight attendants for coffee and\or...

ajpongress: I am sorry?...I dont know if you have got the point here...this is not a replacement to FCTM,why would i try to reinvent the "wheel",i feel insulted.Have you heard of smartcockpit..the website.you get the very exact information about the systems as it is from the fcom.why that? is it needed,the systems of the 777 were made by boeing,the documents they made for the aircraft are sufficient for a captain.Yes.No matter how hard i try to make a new document,i certainly can't reinvent the wheel.

Just ignore people like that, apparently they don't get it.

Capt Speirs:should there have been something else?

Not sure I understand your question.

77west:yup! this is for FSX,the info is to help people learn about the plane better,in FSX.if someone cant understand how to taxi the aircraft after reading/or not, the FCOMS,FCTMs they can refer to this document because I am experimenting in FSX,so it is understandable.

Capt Speirs:first of thank you for supporting me!,secondly..what i meant by should there be something else was that,should i have provided any other info. while opening the topic ^_^ 

chazavsim: if you are saying you enjoyed reading what I posted as a preview,in the first page...that was just an introduction...to the aircraft.something you would find in the technical specs.of an aircraft page in wiki :P ,that was just put up to make it easier to get all the info.in one document..i haven put up how you taxi in FSX,so its a lot more than that....

warm regards

I dont know if you have got the point here...this is not a replacement to FCTM,why would i try to reinvent the "wheel",i feel insulted.

...the figures in the fcom are accurate for the real aircraft,this document makes figures for the sim.

Why would you feel insulted? Nothing I said was insulting or combative.

I gave constructive feedback on an idea you posted in a public forum. If you didn't want feedback then why post it publicly at all?

The data in the FCTM is accurate yes, and so is the plane in the sim.

Mostly everything you posted in bullet points on page 1 is in the FCTM already.

It's great you want to give something back to the community. I'm just pointing out that the majority of what you've mentioned is already covered in the existing manual that comes with the aircraft.

By all means continue with your project if that's what you want to do.

And before anyone asks me to crawl through broken glass, I am joking, and plan a tutorial of my own on how to correctly call the flight attendants for coffee and\or...

That pretty much sums up the whole thread... I don't get the point of that tutorial neither...I don't want to disrespect tha effort which might be put into it...but I just don't get it

Cheers

Peter Quosdorf

Why would you feel insulted? Nothing I said was insulting or combative.

I gave constructive feedback on an idea you posted in a public forum. If you didn't want feedback then why post it publicly at all?

The data in the FCTM is accurate yes, and so is the plane in the sim.

Mostly everything you posted in bullet points on page 1 is in the FCTM already.

It's great you want to give something back to the community. I'm just pointing out that the majority of what you've mentioned is already covered in the existing manual that comes with the aircraft.

By all means continue with your project if that's what you want to do.

all right,....my bad maybe i should have posted something not in those manuals,the reason i put that info.was only to make it easier to refer to some important stuff,before moving on the plane in the sim.

thank you for your feedback ^_^

That pretty much sums up the whole thread... I don't get the point of that tutorial neither...I don't want to disrespect tha effort which might be put into it...but I just don't get it

Cheers

Peter Quosdorf

I dont know if Wes was being sarcastic....but i think he said he was joking...if you feel the post is not useful.by all means ignore it.

thank you for your feedback too