Sign in to follow this  
Bjoern S.

Brief feedback after first flight

Hello,

I am back from my first short leg together with my new favourite female colleague on the flight deck :lol: Everything went super smooth and FS2Crew did a really good job - nearly as good as expected. Congratulations Byork for this so far bug free release!

But to be honest I am kind of disappointed. Maybe I expected too many functionalities that I am familiar with from the FS2Crew PMDG B737 edition: e.g. the proper setup of the Communication Panel to be able to talk to the ground crew as well as the cabin crew. I missed that with the latest Aerosoft Airbus edition, too. But hey, this has been an Aerosoft platform, not simulating this panel in similar detail as PMDG does. I would highly appreciate if you could once again implement this feature for adding even more realism.

Best regards from EDDL, Germany

Bjoern Siepmann  

Communication with the ground crew will hopefully come with the ground crew pack.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

We can communicate with the ground and cabin crew now, too - but only by yelling through the aircraft's cabin or out of the windows and without using the proper setup of the aircraft's audio panel.

I would appreciate to have the ability to use the intercom in the correct way as it is simulated by fs2crew in the 737 edition. UGCX will then hopefully add the occasions I can use the Intercom by adding a marvelous pushback tool.

Yes I agree, its strange.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yeah I agree also is it just me or is the ground agent (US) voice set a bit echoey, when she asks if they can begin boarding and then when we get the load sheet? It sounds like it's been recorded in a bathroom.... Kind of detracts from it when you get an echo voice all of a sudden esspecially with the good 'sound environment' we have with the 777 etc

I would appreciate to have the ability to use the intercom in the correct way as it is simulated by fs2crew in the 737 edition. UGCX will then hopefully add the occasions I can use the Intercom by adding a marvelous pushback tool.

I actually debated this issue as it was brought up during beta...

In the NGX, I forced people to setup the 737's audio panel exactly as it should be in order to communicate with ground.

The problem with forcing people to do it the ultra realistic way is it generated a lot of support emails because people wouldn't read the manual, and they'd complain they can't talk to ground.

So if you want to talk to ground realistically, just flip the Service Interphone switch.

What is the procedure from cold and dark to get external power to the aircraft? It mentions the the FO FMC needs to be powered. Does this mean switching on battery and then pressing and holding the menu button on the FMC? I called ground and they told me external power was connected but no connections were made.

This a nothing to do with FS2Crew.

You have to look inside the PMDG 777 documentation to call for the GPU.

A clue: CDU/FSX/Ground connection.

Even cold and dark you can still activate one FMC to acheive it. RTFM   :)

Patrick Sourrouille

Nantes 44

France

I'm sorry i thought Fs2crew could call for the GPU.

Maybe I misread the Fs2crew manual when i RTF thing.

This a nothing to do with FS2Crew.

You have to look inside the PMDG 777 documentation to call for the GPU.

A clue: CDU/FSX/Ground connection.

Even cold and dark you can still activate one FMC to acheive it. RTFM   :)

No need to answer like that, He thought that you could call it up similar to other recent FS2Crew releases.

8. Due to SDK limits, FS2Crew cannot control the ground objects directly (GPU, chocks, etc). The only way FS2Crew can control these objects is by pressing

buttons on the FO's FMC.

Therefore, in order for FS2Crew to control the position of the ground objects, the FO's FMC must be powered!

So what i'm asking is if i power up the batteries and press and hold menu on the FO FMC will i then be able to ask ground to connect the GPU?

This is after i RTFM.

So what i'm asking is if i power up the batteries and press and hold menu on the FO FMC will i then be able to ask ground to connect the GPU?

Why don't you try it and see? No one will die.

Iain Smith

Cheers Iain i will trust your judgement and give it a go when i get the chance.

I thought there was a way to talk to the Ground in the Button Version, because that is what I used from that Main Panel to ask Ground to disconnect ground services, etc as well as talk to Cabin Crew e.g.Arm Slides,etc.

Am I missing something here from the OP's post?

Darren, like you I had read that bit about the C&D, but having prior to Bryan's gem being made available to us, been always in a C&D state, I'd figured that one had to ask for Ground Connections via the FO's FMC rather than expecting FS2Crew to do it. But I'm sure you by now have also figured that out too with the helpful tips given to you here.