Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

Hi

I've got a question regarding radar vectoring: I had a flight to LTFJ recently and had been assigned ATVE1H STAR which has a VECTOR leg in the end. But PATC didn't provide me with vectors to assigned approach (which was ILS24). Is it a bug or an expected behavior?

Best regards.

Is it a bug or an expected behavior?

I could be expected behavior.  Vectors are used depending on the weather and/or whether there's AI on the runways or not.  See page 66 of the ProATC manual for further information.  I normally remove the Vector from the FMC and go to the next waypoint and have not had any problems. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Any information about ProATC issuing an update to 1.4.4.2, as this version was released in December of 2014?

Or, is this software considered to be its final release?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

After SIX MONTHS!!! of being away from my PC and FSX, I too would love to know if this is considered a finished product? Bought it on release but never had more than 2 or 3 successful flights with it:(

Guest JustanotherPilot

.......Still an unfinished project, airline callsigns and voice packs other than European needed to be added.

I bought this product, but have only had one flight with it so far. I need to do a lot of tweaking as it did not work super well, but I didn't do much in the way of setup so I will have to reserve judgement until I have time to really dig into it and see what it can do. 

Hi Jim,

Any information about ProATC issuing an update to 1.4.4.2, as this version was released in December of 2014?

Or, is this software considered to be its final release?

Bill Clark

Hi BilI,

I don't have any direct information but expect an update soon.  I understand it has been under extensive beta testing.  I visit their site frequently looking for an update.   I'm just as anxious as everyone else.  It can only get better!  I still use the latest version frequently and every time I do I seem to learn something new.  I still have issues on occasion though!

I bought this product, but have only had one flight with it so far. I need to do a lot of tweaking as it did not work super well, but I didn't do much in the way of setup so I will have to reserve judgement until I have time to really dig into it and see what it can do. 

This is not really a product where you just install and run without any issues.  There are many configurations under the options and sound sections.  There are new pilots, co-pilots, and controllers too that I think are great.  They have an updated manual on their website and I think it is mandatory reading. 

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I noticed that the ProATC website has been down for a couple of days indicating the site is being updated.

Anyone know what is going on?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

They recently alerted users to the forums going down and ended the post with a "stay tuned :smile: "...so perhaps good things are coming.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

That would be good news indeed if the website is improved and an update is released!!!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

That would be good news indeed if the website is improved and an update is released!!!

Bill Clark

The website can run on clockwork as far as I'm concerned. Just a program that works consistantly would suit me;-)

Hi All

Well just to confirm, that there will be a new update very soon, along with a new a better forum.  In the final stages of testing before release.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

That is really good news!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

I could be expected behavior.  Vectors are used depending on the weather and/or whether there's AI on the runways or not.  See page 66 of the ProATC manual for further information.  I normally remove the Vector from the FMC and go to the next waypoint and have not had any problems. 

Best regards,

If the star has a vector then you will alays be vectored before the last waypoint.

If the star has a vector then you will alays be vectored before the last waypoint.

None of the STARS I use have vectors.  So I'm good to go!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM