Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

thank you, you are  right but I am aware of this as I have said, I  have followed the instructions explicitly

Any idea if this works on with FSX Steam Edition or if you are going to update it to work with it?

From EGFF to YSSY

Any idea if this works on with FSX Steam Edition or if you are going to update it to work with it?

It'll work okay, but if you don't already have FSX installed, you may need to install the LegacyInterfaces for SimConnect -- the install files (SimConnect.msi, are placed in the SDK subfolder withing the Steam FSX.

It's a good idea to install those in any case as a lot of FSX add-ons will depend on one or the other of them (there are three -- RTM, SP1 and SP2/ACC).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Yeah I have FSX installed as well. Thanks for the info.

From EGFF to YSSY

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777\

"Do not install FSX into the default installation directory: When installing FSX, do not install the simulator into the default directory that it offers. Instead, customize the directory to something different. (Example: C:\FSX) This will eliminate problems that many users experience resulting from various Windows protection and permission issues forced upon programs placed in the Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories."

This is from the introduction manual of the t7 from PMDG;-).

Hope this helps

John Cramer

thanks everyone it now works ok, I just needed to make sure I run the program admin duh!

When I used pro atc is found I couldn't do anything until I'd ran through the first checklist cockpit preparation checklist

14ppkc-6.png

When I used pro atc is found I couldn't do anything until I'd ran through the first checklist cockpit preparation checklist

When you start a ProAtc flight, the system will automatically tune the ATIS frequency. You won't be able to continue until you tune in the correct clearance delivery frequency.

You can do it your self or have the co-pilot tune it for you (he does this after running the first check list)

Posting here as a customer: I've been hoping for years for a really good ATC addon. I've tried all the others and for me what lets them all down are the voices. I think FSX default ATC gets unfair criticism based on its lack of proper vectoring, but one thing it does very well is the implementation of the voices (albeit US only). To record, edit, collate and trigger thousands of wav files exactly at the right time and then make them as unrobotic as possible is one of the hardest jobs anyone could try.

I like some of the features of ProAtcX - particularly the now much improved flexibility of requesting different altitudes, approaches and Stars before descent begins. It is a bit clunky if you don't mind me saying, and sometimes I have to save then "fly now" several times for the moving map window to register the flightplan and list the waypoints. The interface is rather....shall we say...1990's but what matters is that it is beginning to work quite well.

I'm afraid the stumbling block for me is the rather poor implementation of the voices. The ATC chatter is quite good. But someone needs to take ownership of quality control on the default and added voice packs for pilots and controllers. There are an awful lot of mismatched tones, sudden spikes in volume, EQ suddenly going from authentic radio to what sounds like someone in a room next to you, and so on.

It is a very difficult job to do, because the original recordings have to be done with extreme care but that's just the start of it. You then have to put markers in the wav files to trigger other numbers, phrases and tacked-on words, then check hundreds of complete phrases, then double check each finished phrase to hear if they sound natural. I am not under-estimating how hard this is.

For that reason I would not complain about the price, but I would be willing to pay double if someone could be much more careful about how the voices were recorded and implemented. To me authentic atc IS in the voices. I wish the developers luck and hope this potentially fine program can be refined a bit more. Oh, and would it be possible please to improve the interface window so you can resize it in two dimensions and keep a running record of transmissions (fs9/FSX style)?

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Posting here as a customer: I've been hoping for years for a really good ATC addon. I've tried all the others and for me what lets them all down are the voices. I think FSX default ATC gets unfair criticism based on its lack of proper vectoring, but one thing it does very well is the implementation of the voices (albeit US only). To record, edit, collate and trigger thousands of wav files exactly at the right time and then make them as unrobotic as possible is one of the hardest jobs anyone could try.

I like some of the features of ProAtcX - particularly the now much improved flexibility of requesting different altitudes, approaches and Stars before descent begins. It is a bit clunky if you don't mind me saying, and sometimes I have to save then "fly now" several times for the moving map window to register the flightplan and list the waypoints. The interface is rather....shall we say...1990's but what matters is that it is beginning to work quite well.

I'm afraid the stumbling block for me is the rather poor implementation of the voices. The ATC chatter is quite good. But someone needs to take ownership of quality control on the default and added voice packs for pilots and controllers. There are an awful lot of mismatched tones, sudden spikes in volume, EQ suddenly going from authentic radio to what sounds like someone in a room next to you, and so on.

It is a very difficult job to do, because the original recordings have to be done with extreme care but that's just the start of it. You then have to put markers in the wav files to trigger other numbers, phrases and tacked-on words, then check hundreds of complete phrases, then double check each finished phrase to hear if they sound natural. I am not under-estimating how hard this is.

For that reason I would not complain about the price, but I would be willing to pay double if someone could be much more careful about how the voices were recorded and implemented. To me authentic atc IS in the voices. I wish the developers luck and hope this potentially fine program can be refined a bit more. Oh, and would it be possible please to improve the interface window so you can resize it in two dimensions and keep a running record of transmissions (fs9/FSX style)?

Couldn't agree more. Synth voices aren't great, but I'll take that over "ransom note" waves spliced together. Radar contact is even worse for that.

Hi Robert hope you are well.  Just out of interest, have you tried Proflight Emulator (PFE)?  IMO, the voices are by far the best of any.  Just a 'bit of a faf' to setup;-)

Hi Robert hope you are well.  Just out of interest, have you tried Proflight Emulator (PFE)?  IMO, the voices are by far the best of any.  Just a 'bit of a faf' to setup;-)

Couldn't agree more, but you also have to have the voice expansion pack which is another $10 and the free expansion pack (XPACK2) to really take advantage of it. With those there are 99 voices available all broken down to the region you are flying, and are completely editable to use them in others if you see fit. Also have you noticed the quality of them seem to have improved with the latest update, they released a few months ago? I have a few videos of PFE in action but all were prior to the update, and while they still sound good, the ATC I'm getting now with the update, sounds even better.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Mik75

Hi there!

I updated to the most recent version, but everytime I try to access the settings menu, the following error message pops up:

cvxhyec4hr468w785.jpg