Sign in to follow this  
MartinRex007

Your most immersive VC panel aircraft in your hanger?

Just curious, for me the VC panel is really important. In my hanger I have a pretty good assortment of addon aircraft, but the A2A Piper Cub, Carenado Seneca II, A2A Cherokee 180, RealAIr Lancair and the PMDG NGX 737 are my top choices (I'm mainly a GA guy)  but I'm sure there are many more so what are your favorites.... 

Cheers - looking for Xmas gifts to myself :P

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good question. ... A2A Cherokee VC is really nice but it would be a toss up between the Warbirdsim P-51 and Sibwings Antonov An-2

Best GA VCs for immersion, in my opinion:-

A2A Cherokee or RealAir Duke 2.0 or Carenado PA46-350P Malibu Mirage

Most immersive VC in my hangar:

Milviz B55 Baron

With honorable mentions to:

RealAir Duke B60 v2

Carenado Cessna 337

Scott

First ones that come to mind: Milviz Baron and KingAir i350, Carenado 337, PMDG 777. 

PMDG NGX, RealAir Duke v2, FlyJSim 727, JRollon Jetstream J32

Any Captain Sim VC -- that's what they do right. I'd say the 737-200, but while it is their very best looking, surely immersive must include an absence of frustrations.

I've always liked the CS 757, so that would probably be first, although Coolsky's DC-9 is sooooo crisp looking at UHDT it would be hard to choose from between them.

I remember the first time I used a VC on a big screen. I had always been a 2D panel guy. It was an Embraer, and I was shocked at how it pulled me into the sim in a way I had never experienced. I've never used a 2D panel since. (Not to start an argument about the respective merits of VC vs. 2D -- to each his own.)

My fav is the A2A C172 (don't own the Cherokee nor the 182)...not that I fly it much, it being so basic.  For the simple reason that the switches are right where I left them when I last left the aircraft.  That takes the VC to a whole new level of realism.  After that airplane, the ones that have all or nearly all of the switches working...Real Air Dukes and Lancair (bonus...shaking needles), Flight1 Mustang, PMDG 737 & J41, Q400.

Gregg

Any Captain Sim VC -- that's what they do right.

+1 Very True Statement

I'd also have to throw the Razbam Metroliner III into the mix, it's a very immersive VC

For a true GA Aircraft the Aerosoft Katana 4x had an excellent pit for its day as does Ant's P92 Tecam; which is a honey of a light plane.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, there are a number of them I'll have to look into :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin

Just Flight Canberra

Razbam Metroliner

Quality wings Bae Avro RJ100

A one that a lot of people have never experienced, and it goes back to 2007 for the FSX version, but seriously check it out;  it's unbelievably immersive and beautifully textured;

The Digital Aviation / Aerosoft Do-27.

DO-274.jpg

Aerosoft PBY Catalina X - a superbly detailed VC when it first released years ago that is still as good as they come both in form and functionality.  The SibWings An-2 VC is as good (maybe better) but suffers from issues when you switch flights to it in the same FSX session: switches start up in strange states with some being completely disfunctional.  A huge VC immersion boost are the DX10 VC shadows and bloom, which even makes the dated realair SF.260 VC look decent.

I really enjoy the aerosoft Airbus. There's something about that "ca-clunk beep!" When you connect the ground power that's immensely satisfying.

Real air stuff is also particularly good. The way the beech v2 sways when you first turn over the engines was one of those rare "wow" moments :)

I really enjoy the aerosoft Airbus. There's something about that "ca-clunk beep!" When you connect the ground power that's immensely satisfying.

I was thinking about the Aerosoft Airbus, too. The built-in flight crew, RAAS, etc. do kind of pull you in. "Immersive" is a tricky word.