Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Good question.  I just bought a new PC yesterday and was thinking to just install the v2.

Yes, I certainly don't want to throw out my V1.5 B-60 and V1.2 T-Duke backups to disc if so. The installer for the T-Duke certainly seemed big enough to be a full installer but...

I also checked FSX/Sim Objects/RealAir and note that the old B-60 V1.5 folder was replaced with a V2 folder when I did that upgrade, and so I got to wondering about it.

EDIT: I also note after installing the T-Duke V2 upgrade that the plane selection tab in FSX only shows the V2 versions of it (and the B60) to select and fly.

Frank L.T

"A dedicated P3D2 version will be available shortly."

I wonder what "shortly" means? Hours? Days? Weeks? Shortly in the flight sim addon community can be quite a long time.

Can Rob or Sean provide any details regarding P3Dv2 version of the Duke (Piston or Turbine)?

Many thanks

*edit - ignore me, just saw this post from Rob

We're working on it. We wanted to make sure the FSX release was trouble free before getting the P3d installers prepared. We will also be updating other products in the next few weeks for use in P3d.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

The quality of this aircraft is second to none.  The flight modelling is awesome.  No jerking the joystick to keep it on course.  Thanks RealAir!  Looking forward to the P3DV2 version.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

We're working on it. We wanted to make sure the FSX release was trouble free before getting the P3d installers prepared. We will also be updating other products in the next few weeks for use in P3d.

Rob,  will user of the FSX version of V2 also get the installer for P3Dv2? Or it will be a separate release? 

Thanks in advance

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Anyone know what Rob or Sean's local field is, would like to do a delivery flight from there to the PNW region.

Don't know, but you could always start from where the RW plane is built.  I'm thinking about taking the V2 B60 to KSFF (Felts) and taxiing it right up to the Rocket Engineering hangar, (faithfully represented at Orbx' KSFF) for its turbine conversion.  Then flying the new V2 Turbine Duke back home.

Have the new plane downloaded and installed, but won't get a chance for the first flight until later.  Did at least get my panel and all options configured and loaded up each livery for a quick look-see and everything looks fantastic.  Looking forward to the new and improved sounds and flight modelling.

Scott

SFF has the rocket engineering building??! Sweet I should have purchased during their sale

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sale is still on

Ah...no, it was earlier this morning....sorry

Answering some of the queries above:

P3d Installers. We are waiting to ensure everything with the FSX version is trouble free and then we'll work to get the P3d installer, first for the T Duke, then for other products. We will be making a modest charge for this, but we do not intend to exploit the fact that there are two platforms, so we will not charge a full price, but enough to cover the extra work, increased bandwidth (many customers download multiple times for their own reasons) and other factors.

I realise we are quite late to the P3d conversions. We have been patiently waiting for P3d to mature and we now intend to gradually introduce P3d installers for most of our products, and especially those which we can assure customers will work flawlessly in P3d.

The installer checks for a qualifying previous version if you pay the discount price. If you don't have a previous version on your computer or have a new system, please do not worry. All you need to do is contact us with your original keycode or order number and we will manually alter the new keycode so it will install without checking.

Swreg, our e-commerce portal, offers many different currencies, including UK pounds, AUS Dollars, US dollars and Euros. Please note the new Euro regulations on VAT and Tax means that tax additions to the price are specific to your country. We never see or deal with tax - it goes straight to the taxman at source and we have absolutely no control over this.

We can't constantly re-visit older products to implement new features in a current product, just as when you buy a new car the maker does not do a recall and install all the new features into an older model. However if there are bugs or flaws in a previous release we will provide a free patch. So for example we will be making a patch for the B60 V2 so you can recover default landing lights if you have constant clickspot errors when running our 3d lights.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

So for example we will be making a patch for the B60 V2 so you can recover default landing lights if you have constant clickspot errors when running our 3d lights.

Nice, I keep hoping I'll stumble across a fix for this and a config panel button to switch between 3D and default will be a lot more convenient than manually swapping the 2 files in and out as I currently have to do with the B-60 V2.

Frank L.T

WOW! Fantastic aircraft, much improved over the original.

Thank You,

Rob & Sean

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Just purchased. Very fair upgrade price.  Transaction was painless - run installer, log in to your Realair account, enter your licence number, and it was all installed.

Runs beautifully, F1 GTN750 is just a dream in this aircraft.

Perfect gift for 1 Jan 2015 !  :smile:

Plus one!

Fantastic aircraft with amazing attention to detail!

Bert

Also bought it as soon as I've seen this thread, did a little introductory flight from 0S9 to 05S as I've also just bought these two to wrap up on the ORBX sale - nice! Haven't been flying much lately due to Elite Dangerous demanding time, so it's special to get back with something like the Turbine Duke... I was not always ahead of the airplane on that flight, let's say. But one thing always stands out for me with RealAir machines: absolutely beautiful landings!

Glad to hear the P3D version is coming out. Especially thankful that there is a F1 GTN integration.

I am in.

Thanks to all at Real Air. Great things do take time...