Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

Absolutely amazing machine! RealAir does it again! 

This is my go to GA machine for sure, I just can't stop flying it! I took delivery and flew it back to Omaha. Today was Omaha to North Platte, then on to Aspen. Thinking Telluride next... Love it!

IMO the only thing missing is icing effects on the airframe and windshield (similar to the F1 King Air, or Mustang). I found myself wishing for a little ice as I drifted through the clouds over central Colorado today on my descent. I'm sure this was a conscious design choice, and in no way does it detract from the aircraft at all. It's really the only thing I could think of that was missing, immersion wise, and maybe some more options for panel toys... Like an Aspen PFD or somn'. A fella' can dream right?

Now to think up a custom paint scheme and tail number, then fly the new family bird to the paint shop... Any interested painters? Ha!

Thanks RealAir!

I don't know if I should buy it....I'm tempted, but I had many missing clickspot issues with the Duke B60 V2, solved with a patch, but it killed the landing lights.

I'm just being honest but it's likely you'll have the same issues - the config program will allow you to select between default lights and the fancy ones

The Clickspots thing is so weird. Typically it seems like people with powerful systems have it. I've never lost a clickspot on any aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Warning:  excitement incoming  ;-

OMG! WOW! OMG! WOW!!!!!

This might just be one of the best addons ever released, from an 'overall attention to detail / quality / magic factor' perspective.

The sounds (particularly the turbo-prop sounds) are outrageously good;  far better than the MJC Q400 in that regard I'd say.    Taxi behaviour and power delivery are like no other T/P I've ever flown in the sim.   The texture quality in the VC is just beautiful, and the F1 GTN750 integration - well it's just the icing on the cake!!

FDE is markedly improved over V1 I'd say - especially on approach - this bird feels alive and magical.

I'm really annoyed with RealAir (and Ryan too!) because I'd wanted to really get to know the Razbam Metroliner and Flysimware C441 for a while in the sim ...... but there's no way I'm going to be able to stay away from this bird, for a LONG time!

PS... I'm using the T-Duke V2 exclusively in FSX:SE and it (and the F1 GTN integration) works perfectly, and Frame Rates and smoothness, for me, are greatly improved over V2.

I don't know if I should buy it....I'm tempted, but I had many missing clickspot issues with the Duke B60 V2, solved with a patch, but it killed the landing lights.

In the Turbine V2 we give you an option of reverting to default landing beams which definitely do not affect clickspots. So if you encounter problems you will have your clicks and landing beams. The option is instantly reloadable in the config and you can therefore switch back without any hassle while running FSX.

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

OMG! WOW! OMG! WOW!!!!!

This might just be one of the best addons ever released, from an 'overall attention to detail / quality / magic factor' perspective.

The sounds (particularly the turbo-prop sounds) are outrageously good;  far better than the MJC Q400 in that regard I'd say.    Taxi behaviour and power delivery are like no other T/P I've ever flown in the sim.   The texture quality in the VC is just beautiful, and the F1 GTN750 integration - well it's just the icing on the cake!!

FDE is markedly improved over V1 I'd say - especially on approach - this bird feels alive and magical.

I'm really annoyed with RealAir (and Ryan too!) because I'd wanted to really get to know the Razbam Metroliner and Flysimware C441 for a while in the sim ...... but there's no way I'm going to be able to stay away from this bird, for a LONG time!

PS... I'm using the T-Duke V2 exclusively in FSX:SE and it (and the F1 GTN integration) works perfectly, and Frame Rates and smoothness, for me, are greatly improved over V2.

Hi Craig. Glad you like it. Please look out for a Private Message.

Rob

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

OMG! WOW! OMG! WOW!!!!!

I can share your excitement, there is definitely a magic to it. "Perfect add-on" would be a massive understatement. I cannot stop flying it either and started my first world tour in a GA aircraft. I love this airplane. I'm also finding better performance than v1, how that's possible I don't even know. Any scenery I fly to I have freakishly smooth flight. It's amazing on every level.

Stop it you guys! Im trying to stop my spending but I feel all resistance slipping away...
The amazing short field performance makes it very appealing for the smaller ORBX Airports as well

ZORAN

I hope you crash  :P

Heading off to paypal now

ZORAN

I use it way too much!  Tonight, though I flew all on Pilot Edge all hand flown, lots of ILS approaches and pattern work...  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anybody tried the autopilot yet? :smile:

Yup, handled an LPV approach being steered by the GTN750 quite nicely  B)

Bert

Haven't hit solid IMC, so no ILS or LPV  approaches for me yet. But VOR/GPS approaches and VNAV descents via RXP worked perfectly. It was easy to modulate thrust, and have a very predictable change in required descent rate mirrored in VNAV.  

I have about 2 hours in it now... and what people have been saying about this aircraft,  is frankly an understatement.

If you know me and my post in the past, you'll know I'm not a Mega Fan, but I am flat out aw struck with this V2 T-Duke.  It may very well be the finest add on ever

made for FSX. I don't know who is doing the sound for RealAir, but he/she is a genius.    A Genius.

Set up right, you can't hammer down and climb at 4,000 FPM all the way to 25,000 without blowing something up. You have to fly this bird properly.

Even at full price, your only paying for half it's value. If there really is such a thing as a "Must Have", I can't think of anything as close to that statement as the V2 T-Duke.

Wow I saw your username and wasn't expecting that hehe! I literally said to myself, "it's the Carenado guy" lol

I guess I am a Mega Fan, and this Duke is something special ;)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |