Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

In the Turbine V2 we give you an option of reverting to default landing beams which definitely do not affect clickspots. So if you encounter problems you will have your clicks and landing beams. The option is instantly reloadable in the config and you can therefore switch back without any hassle while running FSX.

Regards,

Rob - RealAir

Hi Craig. Glad you like it. Please look out for a Private Message.

Rob

I seem to be able to eliminate the click spot problem by cycling between full screen and windowed after I load the aircraft.  May work for you .

Tested mine just seconds ago. Great work as always but there was the problem with the windshield getting blue when it started to rain. I thought this has been fixed by now. Model was the D-NYSR.

There was a bit of a delay getting the new installer uploaded, so you must have downloaded the installer before the new one was available. You could download the patch from our site (< 1kb download ) or download the installer again. The patch is available on our site at Support > Patches.

Great plane but I only have one problem. Pressing left or right brake has the plane turning very fast.

In fact we set footbrake sensitivity to extremely low: 0.0001. Some controllers/pedals seem to be very finnicky about the way they trigger the differential brakes. I think you can get them better tuned by playing with the sensitivity controls in FSX, and possibly null zones so they do not suddenly turn the Duke in an uncontrolled manner.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

In fact we set footbrake sensitivity to extremely low: 0.0001. Some controllers/pedals seem to be very finnicky about the way they trigger the differential brakes. I think you can get them better tuned by playing with the sensitivity controls in FSX, and possibly null zones so they do not suddenly turn the Duke in an uncontrolled manner.

I'm using the saitek pedals so I'll take a look. Thanks

Sound: For the right effect, one should have earphones on and ATC only in that, while your high power surround sound system pumps out the aircraft sounds through that (and you should have a "butt-kicker" installed on your seat as well). Of course this is not an option for all, as someone within a couple miles of the house will have the police impound your new Duke.

Been there. Done That.

N710DS - Sadly, the real one is not as nice as the one Real Air made. 710DS has allot of wear on her, and I was shocked at her condition when I saw her at Oshkosh. I've seen better maintained  interiors in 1978 ford pintos. To spend that kind of money on a conversion without paint and interior work seems almost criminal.

I can certainly do that. But the paintkit will be some weeks off, we have quite a long list of things to do first (P3D versions at the top of that list).

Fantastic, no hurries on the paintkit.  For the time being, I have made a makeshift 'layer' for creating reg numbers on the black panel.

Cheers

TJ

There was a bit of a delay getting the new installer uploaded, so you must have downloaded the installer before the new one was available. You could download the patch from our site (< 1kb download ) or download the installer again. The patch is available on our site at Support > Patches.

Thatks of the heads up, Sean. Installed the patch but unfortunatley haven´t had the time to try it again. Excelent work as always! :-)

Hello

I have probleme, I activate my GTN 750  real duke config I load FSX and  freeze. I desactivate GTN 750 I work..

Are you solution please ?

Thank you

M.Daniel

proatcxlogo.jpg

Hi Christopher. The guide (recommended reading) advises keeping the engine sounds between halfway and two thirds and that gives scope for the ATC sound sliders to be fully right. This improves the balance but I believe quiet ATC in comparison to other sounds has always been an issue in FSX.

Yes, that is certainly correct, Robert! I will have a play around and see if I can get a better balance.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

N710DS - Sadly, the real one is not as nice as the one Real Air made. 710DS has allot of wear on her, and I was shocked at her condition when I saw her at Oshkosh. I've seen better maintained  interiors in 1978 ford pintos. To spend that kind of money on a conversion without paint and interior work seems almost criminal.

That's very interesting. What sort of NAV equipment does N710DS have? 

I did get that blue window thing for about 15 seconds today and then it went back to normal.  I don't think there was any rain (took a look outside the airplane)...but there were some rain clouds a mile away, so maybe.  I only downloaded it 2-3 days ago.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi guys -

My pneumatic pressure gauge is always showing zero. 

Am I missing something?

I think so. Please look at the guide.

That's very interesting. What sort of NAV equipment does N710DS have? 

That's a pity. I think the airfield that Ryan controls had a Duke T and Piston fly-in and he observed that the majority were extremely well kept and immaculate. Sad to hear a few are not being maintained. Maybe the budget ran out after splashing out on the Turbine conversion.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

RealAir Turbine Duke v2.0  & A2A's Accusim -

Since the RA Duke has its own set of sophisticated, hi-tech cutting edge effects, I'm almost certain the recommendation will be to disable Accusim for this aircraft in order to take full advantage of all the built-in special effects. While I don't recall this particular issue in the Flying Guide, it is obvious there might very well be conflicts.

I just wanted to put this on the table for any additional comments folks might have.

Les Parson

RealAir Turbine Duke v2.0 & A2A's Accusim -

Since the RA Duke has its own set of sophisticated, hi-tech cutting edge effects, I'm almost certain the recommendation will be to disable Accusim for this aircraft in order to take full advantage of all the built-in special effects. While I don't recall this particular issue in the Flying Guide, it is obvious there might very well be conflicts.

I just wanted to put this on the table for any additional comments folks might have.

Interesting point.  I just rebuilt my sim and, as I was landing at an airport on top of a mountain, snow on the runway, with a 25 knot 45 degree crosswind, it suddenly *popped* into my head that I didn't have Accusim loaded (for which, I was thankful...didn't want any special effects screwing up my wing-low not-great-but-good-enough landing.)  Truthfully, it was/is great without Accusim anyway.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You could also disable just some of the unwanted effects - and it's "Accufeel" btw - just to be pedantic!

Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE