Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FYI Turbine Duke V2 release

That's a pity. I think the airfield that Ryan controls had a Duke T and Piston fly-in and he observed that the majority were extremely well kept and immaculate. Sad to hear a few are not being maintained. Maybe the budget ran out after splashing out on the Turbine conversion.

That, and the fact that I have seen it a couple times now... I believe It's a flyer, and not a weekend warrior.  The paint has seen better days, and the usual cracks on the yokes, seats, and glare shield are just from allot of use, and sitting in the sun. I'm sure the panel is what the pilot likes/knows best, and that goes hand in hand with safe flying.

It wouldn't take much to bring it to show room though.. say in the 30 grand range.. a couple of weekends collecting returnable bottles would do it! ^_^  To be fair, she is one of the older models.

That's very interesting. What sort of NAV equipment does N710DS have?

Stec auto pilot, but not sure which one, twin 530's and twin king transponders, standard six packs. The panel has the gps/radios on the left of the center panel, the engine gauges in the center, and the transponders on the right of that. There's also a Shadin engine trend monitor that that looks like it was originally for the pistons.

N710DS - Sadly, the real one is not as nice as the one Real Air made. 710DS has allot of wear on her, and I was shocked at her condition when I saw her at Oshkosh. I've seen better maintained  interiors in 1978 ford pintos. To spend that kind of money on a conversion without paint and interior work seems almost criminal.

That's a shame. The Real Air version has such a fresh and airy feeling cockpit that I half-expected there to be a sunroof when I looked up. I've always appreciated the pristine interiors Real Air does, it's too bad the real version wasn't well maintained and fell behind the effects of time. 

RealAir Turbine Duke v2.0  & A2A's Accusim -

Since the RA Duke has its own set of sophisticated, hi-tech cutting edge effects, I'm almost certain the recommendation will be to disable Accusim for this aircraft in order to take full advantage of all the built-in special effects. While I don't recall this particular issue in the Flying Guide, it is obvious there might very well be conflicts.

I just wanted to put this on the table for any additional comments folks might have.

Les Parson

Accufeel and our RealView effects will work well side by side. For best results when using the two together, you may want to turn off some Accufeel effects, or turn off some of our RealView effects (which can be done via the Duke's Config Panel).

Sean

RealAir Simulations

Great plane. I love the fact that it can cruise at FL250 at a reasonable speed. Here is a quick video landing at FlyTampa's Montreal

Still coming with to grips on this one, got  my engines failures set to moderate   and so far got a engine failure all flights, must be doing some thing wrong, got my cowl flap open during   the climb although  havnt  closed them yet,  watch my speed havnt  over speed as of yet time to read more of  the manual.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Still coming with to grips on this one, got  my engines failures set to moderate   and so far got a engine failure all flights, must be doing some thing wrong, got my cowl flap open during   the climb although  havnt  closed them yet,  watch my speed havnt  over speed as of yet time to read more of  the manual.

Keep in mind that there are two separate failure modes. The first mode concerns "Realistic" as opposed to "Forgiving" and will trigger an eventual failure if you exceed torque, turbine, ITT or oil temp limits for a given time.

The second mode is  "random" failure and this is not connected with bad handling or flying over limits but chance events which are really there for practice failures and can be quite frequent if you set them to moderate.

The guide gives very detailed info about exactly what each failure mode does and how to set up less or more likelyhood of failures.

I cannot emphasise enough that reading the manual will reap rewards on this and many other aspects of the Duke.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Accufeel and our RealView effects will work well side by side. For best results when using the two together, you may want to turn off some Accufeel effects, or turn off some of our RealView effects (which can be done via the Duke's Config Panel).

Sean

RealAir Simulations

I'll reinstall it today.  I'll be curious what settings others use on Accufeel with the TDuke.

Any thoughts on the blue windshield thing?  Do I need to download a new installer?

Edited by Gregg_Seipp

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Have you downloaded the one at the top of this page Gregg ;

http://www.realairsi...=download_patch

unless you bought very recently. I'm pretty sure the above patch will solve that issue for you.

Thanks Craig.  No I haven't...I'll give it a try.  I downloaded mine on Saturday, I think.

Great plane. I love the fact that it can cruise at FL250 at a reasonable speed. Here is a quick video landing at FlyTampa's Montreal

Nicely done video (and landing)!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I'm pretty sure that'll solve it for you Gregg.   I had the same issue as you, and that patch fixed it.

I'm pretty sure that'll solve it for you Gregg. I had the same issue as you, and that patch fixed it.

Yep, that fixed it, I think.  No rain effects anymore but, not sure I miss it much.

Gregg Seipp

That, and the fact that I have seen it a couple times now... I believe It's a flyer, and not a weekend warrior.  The paint has seen better days, and the usual cracks on the yokes, seats, and glare shield are just from allot of use, and sitting in the sun. I'm sure the panel is what the pilot likes/knows best, and that goes hand in hand with safe flying.

It wouldn't take much to bring it to show room though.. say in the 30 grand range.. a couple of weekends collecting returnable bottles would do it! ^_^  To be fair, she is one of the older models.

Stec auto pilot, but not sure which one, twin 530's and twin king transponders, standard six packs. The panel has the gps/radios on the left of the center panel, the engine gauges in the center, and the transponders on the right of that. There's also a Shadin engine trend monitor that that looks like it was originally for the pistons.

I noticed she's listed for sale at Controller.com.

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/BEECHCRAFT-B60-DUKE-TURBOPROP/1983-BEECHCRAFT-B60-DUKE-TURBOPROP/1347057.htm

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

will trigger an eventual failure if you exceed torque, turbine, ITT or oil temp limits for a given time.

Which is one of many reasons I appreciate this addon so much. Proper engine management, watching those gauges and keeping everything in balance (under threat of terminal failure) makes that cruise period so much more entertaining. 

That's a pity. I think the airfield that Ryan controls had a Duke T and Piston fly-in and he observed that the majority were extremely well kept and immaculate. Sad to hear a few are not being maintained. Maybe the budget ran out after splashing out on the Turbine conversion.

Maybe they just pimped them up for the fly-in but they looked very pristine on the ramp 

(Turbine Duke pic spam!!)

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Lovely pics.  Just done a short flight, KOTH to KRBG using the checklist provided, takeoff 6:30am, sun just rising, using the new soft cloud textures too, very atmospheric indeed.

-Iain Watson-

I'm on a flight from Wilmington, NC to Raleigh Durham...past Sharon Harris Nuclear Power plant, Falls Lake...speaker volume up, engines thrumming.  Sequenced #3 behind a Lear...really, really enjoying this plane.  LOL.

Gregg Seipp