Sign in to follow this  
Wobbie

IMPORTANT Re SDK- Seems DTG/Steam have mis-sold the product.

Workarounds:

3ds Max 2007+: P3D 1.4 SDK.

3ds Max 7, 9, 2007, 2008: FSXMS SDK (SP2 or Acceleration).

GMax 1.2: FSXMS SDK (SP2 or Acceleration).

Blender: P3D 1.4 SDK.

Terrain developers: P3D 1.4 SDK.

I hope that DTG will remove the SDK folder with the next update. Not that I didn't already delete it myself, but to simply avoid confusing potential future developers.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

It leaves them with a crippled SDK.

But they were warned!

Even so, could DTG have included legally included the GamePack?

I wonder how the new SE DLC was put together without a SDK?  

I used the V1.4 LM set with 3DS , as would the majority of producers, the discussion at hand isn't really applicable , all development was done using pre steam tools to provide content.

They are warned now, but not when they bought what they thought was a complete FSX Gold edition.

It's absolutely of no interest to the community. If it was, it would have been an issue many weeks ago, not when you decided to dig up some dirt!

You just don't get it, do you? You do not speak for the community, never have and never will. And, your personal attack in that sentence has resulted in you being banned from this topic. I have a PM coming your way as well, that I am sure you will not like too much either (again, as we have been down this road before).

I wonder how the new SE DLC was put together without a SDK?  

I used the V1.4 LM set with 3DS , as would the majority of producers, the discussion at hand isn't really applicable , all development was done using pre steam tools to provide content.

They were made by a third party. Which had probably used FSXMS before. So...

Speaking of, are the 3ds Max exporters in the P3D SDK only for the newest versions of 3ds Max?

They are warned now, but not when they bought what they thought was a complete FSX Gold edition.

I repeat what i said in post #11:

Where does it say "included all features of FSX Gold."?

Everything from 2007 through 2015 is supplied, i recall we used to be able to set up Gmax to run the 2007 set for export into FSX , and in this case that would include P3DV2.4 export as well as V1.4 flavors of FS

Everything from 2007 through 2015 is supplied

I just downloaded the Prepar3D SDK v1.4 (with the 64-bit modeling tools update) a few days ago and the latest version of 3ds Max supported is 3ds Max 2012 64bit. Does the Prepar3D v2 SDK work with later versions of 3ds Max, and is it still compatible with FSX?

Everything from 2007 through 2015 is supplied, i recall we used to be able to set up Gmax to run the 2007 set for export into FSX , and in this case that would include P3DV2.4 export as well as V1.4 flavors of FS

2007 was version 9, right?

Where does it say "included all features of FSX Gold."?

According to the Dovetail Games site: "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition includes the Deluxe Edition and the Acceleration Expansion Pack in one bundle."

The obvious conclusion to draw would be that you are getting the equivalent of the Deluxe Edition and Acceleration. According to your interpretation (that Dovetail is not claiming to include "all" features), they could just as easily have left out some of the aircraft included with those two titles.

2007 was version 9, right?

I think your right , and it reminds me that max 7 was the GMAX set, its been a very long while since i used it.

Even so, could DTG have included legally included the GamePack?

Gerry, DTG did include the FSX_GmaxGamePack, although they apparently removed the XToMDL.exe compiler from it, rendering it impotent without some additional effort.

It's sort of like selling a four wheel car and only including three wheels...

For that matter they also include the full GMax v1.2 installer, complete with help.exe and tutorials.exe...

Even stranger, they also included fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe, which cannot be used unless one has the SDK-RTM available to be installed primus, followed by the SP2 SDK secundus, and finally Acceleration SDK tertius.

Finally, in yet another folder, they include the SDK EULA.rtf file:

..\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\oem\sdk\EULA.rtf

This amounts to a grand total of 461MB of mostly useless files.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You just don't get it, do you? You do not speak for the community, never have and never will. And, your personal attack in that sentence has resulted in you being banned from this topic. I have a PM coming your way as well, that I am sure you will not like too much either (again, as we have been down this road before).

++++1. About time too!