Sign in to follow this  
cathay747

PMDG 777 false terrain alarm

yes I did programme the FMC correctly

Earlier, I'd asked if you've entered an origin and destination airport in the FMC. I need you to confirm that you have specifically done this. That may seem a little over the top, but this is aviation - we require specific readbacks everywhere.

The fact that this is happening at every airport leads me to believe that you're not entering a route with a destination airport. You'll get a terrain warning if the aircraft realizes you're low to the ground without the destination airport being nearby.

Screenshots are worth a thousand words, by the way.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Although I have already said that I do not get the alarm on approach to EGLL, I do always get a false GPWS Too Low Terrain voice message (without the Don't Sink call) immediately on takeoff (before setting A/P) from all airports (thus no photo evidence!).

After reading FCOM2, I have the impression that I should not get this. I have not yet tested with G/S INHIBIT set, but I see that this is not labelled in the B77W, and in any case would only test the inverse (that it can be inhibited), as would illuminating the TERR OVRD switch.

At takeoff, I always have origin and destination airports set in the FMC with a valid flight plan.

I am unclear whether the voice message is from the PMDG aircraft or from FS2Crew's RAAS.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I have not yet tested with G/S INHIBIT set

Wouldn't do anything. That only inhibits the "GLIDESLOPE" callout.

I am unclear whether the voice message is from the PMDG aircraft or from FS2Crew's RAAS.

It's not a RAAS message. It's the GPWS.

I do always get a false GPWS Too Low Terrain voice message (without the Don't Sink call) immediately on takeoff (before setting A/P) from all airports (thus no photo evidence!).

I wouldn't call it "false" until we can rule out that it's actually false. When you're taking off, are you maintaining a positive climb? Are you selecting a runway on the DEP/ARR page for the airport you're departing from? Are you departing from that runway? Are your flaps in the condition you've set on the TAKEOFF REF page?

The 'v' key on your keyboard can drop out a bitmap image without any image capture tool (provided you haven't overwritten the 'v' key's function in your FSX settings). Just use your free hand and hit the button a few times when you get the message. I imagine it would help a lot.

Kyle Rodgers

I do always get a false GPWS Too Low Terrain voice message (without the Don't Sink call) immediately on takeoff (before setting A/P) from all airports (thus no photo evidence!).

That's not normal,  ah, I see Kyle beat me... when you say 'immediately' what does that mean?  Before retracting gear, before 200 AGL or before ....?

Dan Downs KCRP

what? But I already wrote my name at the end of every of my posts on this topic

Kingson Chu

Did you now? I counted at least two posts without. Every post you make on any PMDG Forum, or sub-forum, it is required to sign your name in.

I really would like to know how one signs a post

is there a button that can do this for ur every post without you writing urself

You can set up in your profile, then every time you make any post anywhere on Avsim, you are signed-in and following all required rules.

is there a button that can do this for ur every post without you writing urself

Under your profile - go to "My Settings" and on the left side "Signature" ...

edit it accordingly and it will be posted on every post you make in these forums...

regards

done, should be working

yep it is,

I would also like to mention that the terrain alarm does shut up at about 20ft

but its really annoying

and yes I made a full FMC flightplan

I shall put up a screenshot later

the terrain alarm does shut up at about 20ft

So, after rotation and until climbing about 20 feet the alarm sounds, but not after about 20 ft?  That's confusing to me, maybe not others, but I cannot picture this because the nose wheel is more than 20 ft above ground before mains lift off and I don't know how you can tell you are 20 ft AGL... I'm too busy watching for doing takeoff flying and watching for positive rate of climb to even be aware of when this happens.

Regardless, Is your RAAS working normally, for example it does announce when you are on the runway before takeoff? Right?

Dan Downs KCRP

Kingston

I think a screen capture/screengrab of your landing PFD would be of great help to resolve your issues.

umm I think you have mistaken my case

My false terrain alarm sounds during landing

Your thread has been jacked.  :P