Sign in to follow this  
cathay747

PMDG 777 false terrain alarm

may I ask how do u set the altimeter at transition altitude?

Seems that the basics of a trying a Tutorial was not first attempted rather than jumping at the deep end?

Sterile flight deck rules are serious business!  :P

LOL try telling that to 4 and 6 year old boys.  They sit there quiet all day but soon as I`m on short final they start fighting or wanting stuff.....every time :rolleyes:

LOL try telling that to 4 and 6 year old boys.  They sit there quiet all day but soon as I`m on short final they start fighting or wanting stuff.....every time :rolleyes:

Sound like two alert crew members to have on your flight deck!

Exactly the same for me but with a 2 1/2 month old...I guess it doesn't get any better.  Every time I'm on final, he starts screaming.  I could be on a 4 hour flight and not hear a peep from him but when I'm landing...

Chris B. Trane

Exactly the same for me but with a 2 1/2 month old...I guess it doesn't get any better.  Every time I'm on final, he starts screaming.  I could be on a 4 hour flight and not hear a peep from him but when I'm landing...

That reminds me of the time I agreed to take a friends huntin' dog to a training school the next state over.  Prepared the aero club Piper Arrow by taking back seats out and putting down plastic and paper.  The dog was fine up to the taxi into position and hold, where upon full power the dog started licking me in the ear... LOL. My friend calmed the puppy but it was an experience I'll never forget.

Dan Downs KCRP

anyway it seems that my altimeter was set up right and it did provide me with the correct altitude

BUT THE PLANE JUST KEPT SCREAMING

Any insights or similar experiences?

Any insights

You didn't mention if gear was down and flaps in landing configuration.  That's important.

Dan Downs KCRP

You didn't mention if gear was down and flaps in landing configuration. That's important.

yes they were

Flaps 30, autobrakes 1, spoilers armed

Wouldn't some screenshots be of help?

my computer was malfunctioning at the moment

I am typing this on my phone

moreover, is there a way that I can put screenshots here? cuz I cant find a button that says it can do this

is there a way that I can put screenshots here?

AVSIM accepts links to photos but will not accept uploads, use a photo hosting service of your choice.

If you are in landing configuration and you get GPWS alert then please put information (location, approach, type aircraft, aircraft configuration) into a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.  Only explanation is a bug in GPWS feature or DEM files. 

Dan Downs KCRP

moreover, is there a way that I can put screenshots here? cuz I cant find a button that says it can do this

\

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/

a screenshot

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Wmg

sorry this link is right ignore the one above

I apologize for the poor quality of the pic

you can see the runway lights and the GPWS warnings with pull up on the PFD

the terrain radar also lights up yellow

And you want help? You cannot even be bothered to send a sharp image orientated the correct way? Just about says it all for this whole thread from you.

I apologize profusely as I have mentioned before my computer has malfunctioned and I am already trying my best here. I havent been able to start my computer since then.

I apologize profusely as I have mentioned before my computer has malfunctioned and I am already trying my best here. I havent been able to start my computer since then.

I was getting suspicious myself, but I'll keep an eye here for when you get things back together.

Kyle Rodgers