Sign in to follow this  
BR4593

PMDG 777 is out for P3D!

Fiber_frame_time_fraction=.01

It will go under the [Main] section in your p3d.cfg file.

Sean Green

Hello everyone,

I just wonder which part of 90$ goes to where? How much for licence , how much for pmdg , how much for developers? If we can buy aerosoft , as realistic as pmdg I think , for 40$ , then where is 50$ gone? After 7 march , it will be 135$ and so this 95$ difference for what?

Maybe its going in their pocket as profit.  But who cares....when you buy an iPhone you go through the same calculations?  If you want it buy it, if you don't then don't.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I thank you all for this conversation...I think I have made up my mind.  I will stick with FSX for a long as possible, maybe which over to Steam version once I can confirm all of my addons are compatible and then look at P3D once the 64 bit version comes out in 2 or 3 years.  Even if I have to buy addons at a higher price it seems like this is the best flow of things given the current OOM issues with P3D and heavy addons like the 777.  At least in FSX I can fly from payware to payware airport 10 hours apart and land without running out of memory.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It appears that PMDG is censoring contributions to their 777 pricing scheme thread. I wrote a _very_ polite post, stating essentially that I am not prepared to pay twice just to fly the same plane on a different platform. That post seems to have been removed. Such an action would also explain the overwhelmingly positive comments in that thread.

I find censorship disappointing.

Peter

I thank you all for this conversation...I think I have made up my mind.  I will stick with FSX for a long as possible, maybe which over to Steam version once I can confirm all of my addons are compatible and then look at P3D once the 64 bit version comes out in 2 or 3 years.  Even if I have to buy addons at a higher price it seems like this is the best flow of things given the current OOM issues with P3D and heavy addons like the 777.  At least in FSX I can fly from payware to payware airport 10 hours apart and land without running out of memory.

That was my option too, specially now that I am so good in SE... and with DX10. But I keep an eye in P3D, waiting for news, more stability and smoothness even for the present 32 bit platform, a miracle maybe, but above all, looking fwd for the announcement of their 64 bit version of the sim.

I have all of my best ever FSX add-ons running flawlessly and smooth as silk in FSX-SE, namely my A2A's, my RealAir's, Carenado B1900D, Majestic Q400, now the PMDG 777-200 and 300, DX10 Fixer, and ASN :-)

Sometimes I use FSX's ATC, and that opaque window in P3D is also very boring.... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I was so impressed with the 200, I bought the -300 as well ;) Very impressed with the performance and smoothness.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I cant get the product to work. I never got prompted for activation and once the model loads I get retracted landing gear and no clickable buttons in the cockpit. So frustrating. I had been eagerly awaiting this product for some time. 

Leigh - the solution is simple, granted it's not stated anywhere. Install SimConnect.

Main P3D folder > redist > Interface > FSX-SP2-XPACK > retail > lib > then install SimConnect.

At least in FSX I can fly from payware to payware airport 10 hours apart and land without running out of memory.

You can do that in P3D also ... sorry you can't get to that place, but it is possible.

Cheers, Rob.

You can do that in P3D also ... sorry you can't get to that place, but it is possible.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob -

I feel  guilty asking since you do so much but... when you get a chance, can you please attempt a 10+ hour flight in the PMDG 777 and see if you can weather the VAS storm?  Either something is wrong with my setup or... I honestly don't know, but I had VAS climbing even over the ocean with no scenery in sight.  I think you will also find my settings are quite a bit lower than yours.

If I can help provide anything for the test (i.e. flight plan, etc) or my settings I am happy to... just want to see if anyone else can make a long haul on P3D without having to reload due to VAS constraints.

For the record, I do not have this issue in any other aircraft.  Typically if I am not by any detailed scenery my VAS is steady, but the PMDG 777 is really putting the hurt on my system resources.

Anyone know how to get FSDT's GSX Add-on to work in P3D? It shows in the Add-ons drop-down menu but pressing Ctrl+F12 has no effect whatsoever. Do not see the GSX menu. Have done a Couatl Update, restart, etc, still no dice.

when you get a chance, can you please attempt a 10+ hour flight in the PMDG 777 and see if you can weather the VAS storm?

Not now, got too many other things on my plate ... but in all honesty, even if I set it running overnight and did the 10+ hour flight would you believe me and/or would that make any difference to your situation?  

I've done this before on request for others and it usually just ends up being "oh you didn't install or run this add-on so your test is invalid cause I always fly with this add-on otherwise I don't bother..." yada  yada ... I even had one person "demand" I record the entire flight with no interruptions and upload it to YouTube (10 hour flight is a probably about several 100 GB's worth ... YouTube is simply going to reject any video that size.

Your best option is to provide screenshots of the 5 pages of settings, provide exact list of add-ons you are using, provide exact details on how you have those add-on configured, then I can give you hints of what to do to avoid OOM.  That would be a lot more helpful to you than me doing a 10 hour PMDG flight just to prove "I told you so" ... that doesn't help anyone and I have no desire to do it again.  

I've done LONG distance flights ... I usually do it when I'm programming my GoFlight gear as that can take many hours.  For example I loaded up the Citation II S550 ... filled with fuel and just fly until I ran out of fuel 2000+ nm at 400 Kts GS or less (about 6 hours as I recall) from St. Maarten to Mexico ... VAS usage was 200MB.  Now before you say "well that's not as complex as the PMDG" ...  this is relative usage meaning P3D's usage, so if the PMDG 777 is behaving (no memory leaks) then it should consume close to the same regardless of it's initial VAS starting point.  If it's not, then you need to ask PMDG what's up and not LM.

Cheers, Rob.

To people complaining about memory usage, it really isn't the PMDG 777's fault. I mean, it doesn't make things any better having very VERY high quality textures and an enormously complex model and avionics suite, but all I do in the PMDG 777 is long hauls, between 10-15 hours each. The longest I've done was VHHH-SCEL (more of a proof of concept flight to see if it was possible) and only once have I had a panel freeze (descending into LAX from Dubai after about 14 hours). I think the key here is to balance how pretty the sim is with how stable it is. If you want to fly with these extremely complex aircraft, disable some fancy stuff like autogen or maybe just use default airports instead of these FSDT monsters. I have the ground textures and mesh very high, but disable autogen. I never notice it as I'm above 10,000 feet for 99% of the flight. Learn to make some sacrifices, people or spend all your time tweaking instead of simming. 

Am just loading a flight, CYYZ-EGCC to test the PMDG 777-300ER on its first long-haul for me. I've had a few terrain.dll CTDs with FSX-SE, same aircraft, so am hoping for something better with the newly-bought P3D.

No ASN, no FTX, nothing other than what P3D brings to the table. And using FS2Crew, but that is not a FPS hitter, so it can be discounted.