Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Gorgeous City Lights

Sometimes this sim blows me away

(slight bump on the highlights for those of you viewing in the daytime)

xp10nightsm.jpg

xp10nightsm2.jpg

xp10nightsm4.jpg

xp10nightsm3.jpg

xp10nightsm5.jpg

is this Aerosoft NE ?

Nice shots... but I guess he didn't want to include any information as to where/what it actually is.

I get it. Not free advertising!  LOL

X-Plane 10.

Yep.  It's got the best night views in any sim.  This area is over by LGA....  I really like the free camera!

It looks amazing! are you using Fly With Lua for light size? and any specific preset in Max FX for colors?

I do have FSX and i got Aerosoft night lights for Dubai, it looks very nice but the full Lightning coverage option reduced my FPS considerably in FT Dubai and i have ORBX Global night lights they do look nice for IFR flying but they do not have head lights (to save FPSi guess) and i like to see full details when i get low and illuminated roads, This is why i got XPX :)

Regards,

Yep.  It's got the best night views in any sim.  This area is over by LGA....  I really like the free camera!

Great shots Ryan! Have to agree with that statement for sure!

Lovely shots there,Ryan :)

I've pretty much got the same system as you,but not really flown at night with X-Plane 10 yet (just bought after Christmas).

I'm really liking the lack of stutters with X-Plane, and the FF-757, what can I say!

The Aerosoft Night Environment series for FSX and P3D looks a lot like that.

Can you show me a pic?  I still use FSX more often so maybe I'd want to invest in that combo

It looks amazing! are you using Fly With Lua for light size? and any specific preset in Max FX for colors?

I do have FSX and i got Aerosoft night lights for Dubai, it looks very nice but the full Lightning coverage option reduced my FPS considerably in FT Dubai and i have ORBX Global night lights they do look nice for IFR flying but they do not have head lights (to save FPSi guess) and i like to see full details when i get low and illuminated roads, This is why i got XPX :)

Regards,

I don't the Maxxfx program.  I do use fly with lua scripts but only for sky color in the daytime.  In FSX I use UTX 2.0 but the night lights cut down on my fps a bit - still look nice

Yes X-plane lights are the best, specially because it lights up the aircrafts and all the 3D objects too. Not like in other sims where the objects receiving lights still dark