Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Burkhard commented today on the MT forums that the next version with full 2.5 compatibility is planned by end of March (which is sooner than I expected).

Think I'll hold off installing 5.4 for the time being...waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self  :P  

Sheesh my fps are bad enough without AI traffic

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Burkhard commented today on the MT forums that the next version with full 2.5 compatibility is planned by end of March (which is sooner than I expected).

Think I'll hold off installing 5.4 for the time being...waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self  :P  

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the new version.

I use MyTraffic 3D 5.4c for the moment.

Patric

Interesting. I shall look forward to that.

In the meantime I'm putting up with just having WOAI to at least bring some life to the world. For my system it's the least FPS hungry AI programme I've used. Hopefully in a couple of weeks all that will change as I'm getting a new PC

I used to use WoAI for that very reason as well (I run about 25-30% AI traffic).

At my last reinstall of P3D, I decided to try out of MyTraffic 5.4C (after reading that Burkard re-did most of the models to optimize for fps) - lo and behold, performance was noticeably better at the same settings, and the models aren't half-bad either.

Apparently the legacy FS9 models in WoAI were further slowing things down; I also no longer have the opaque prop effects which is a bonus.

waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self 

That's good news, I was waiting for an AI Traffic product to officially support P3D 2.5.   FYI, Orbx libraries/update for v2.5 has already been released.

Cheers, Rob.

My Traffic 5.4 works in P3d 2.5, with a manual copy of its files, similar to the procedure used for P3d 2.4. The exceptions are the new SimObjects.cfg (which needs to be edited) and the new locations of other cfg files like airlines.cfg.

Used in conjunction with the Air Traffic Manager app, it has only a small impact on frame rates.

My Traffic 5.4 works in P3d 2.5, with a manual copy of its files, similar to the procedure used for P3d 2.4.

Understood Jay, seems to be the same process as UT2 ... but for the P3D "masses" I think the solution that doesn't require manual file edits and copying would be preferred along with official support for P3D v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

True, but the manual copy is quite simple, really. I'm surprised someone hasn't written a PowerShell script that automates the  install process.

The author of My Traffic, Burkhard edges close to releasing version 6 and then LM updates P3d and sets him back a month. The new deadline for release is now the end of next month. Version 6 contains new models, thousands of revised airports (to accommodate new plane types), new liveries and possibly a 2014 schedule (although the latter hasn't been revealed officially).

The author of My Traffic, Burkhard edges close to releasing version 6 and then LM updates P3d and sets him back a month.

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?  Anyway, not going to debate that ... it is what it is, I can wait.  Agree the process is simple ... hint hint Burkhard :)

Cheers, Rob.

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?  Anyway, not going to debate that ... it is what it is, I can wait.  Agree the process is simple ... hint hint Burkhard :)

Cheers, Rob.

Lol

André

Cheers, Rob.

I don't know about the simplicity of 2.5 integration,but i cannot use my purchased live traffic,I have to use the 2012 schedule,or I get crashes.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

There's been issues with newer schedules which caused random crashes before v2.5.

I'm excited that an AI package tailored for P3D is been released and I own all the traffic packages and mytraffic has been the best package for me in terms of performance. 

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?

I know that you weren't serious about this. but it took  a relatively big shop (and a formal LM development partner) ORBX just about that long from the time they had the first beta release of 2.5 until just recently to cope with that "simple" change. And they still haven't truly fixed FTX Central yet. It's just a  workaround just so people could at least install ORBX products in P3d 2.5.

My Traffic's Burk is a one man show and his product is top notch. He only has a few closed beta testers  (One of them posts here now and then.) and a couple of test PCs, as best that I can tell. And he's also coping with the introduction of FSX-SE which is a much larger potential market than P3d. Yeah, yeah, I know ... "the world's smallest violin".  :He He: