Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Burkhard commented today on the MT forums that the next version with full 2.5 compatibility is planned by end of March (which is sooner than I expected).

Think I'll hold off installing 5.4 for the time being...waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self  :P  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Burkhard commented today on the MT forums that the next version with full 2.5 compatibility is planned by end of March (which is sooner than I expected).

Think I'll hold off installing 5.4 for the time being...waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self  :P  

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to the new version.

I use MyTraffic 3D 5.4c for the moment.

Patric

Interesting. I shall look forward to that.

In the meantime I'm putting up with just having WOAI to at least bring some life to the world. For my system it's the least FPS hungry AI programme I've used. Hopefully in a couple of weeks all that will change as I'm getting a new PC

I used to use WoAI for that very reason as well (I run about 25-30% AI traffic).

At my last reinstall of P3D, I decided to try out of MyTraffic 5.4C (after reading that Burkard re-did most of the models to optimize for fps) - lo and behold, performance was noticeably better at the same settings, and the models aren't half-bad either.

Apparently the legacy FS9 models in WoAI were further slowing things down; I also no longer have the opaque prop effects which is a bonus.

waiting for the ORBX libraries must have apparently instilled some patience into my otherwise impulsive self 

That's good news, I was waiting for an AI Traffic product to officially support P3D 2.5.   FYI, Orbx libraries/update for v2.5 has already been released.

Cheers, Rob.

My Traffic 5.4 works in P3d 2.5, with a manual copy of its files, similar to the procedure used for P3d 2.4. The exceptions are the new SimObjects.cfg (which needs to be edited) and the new locations of other cfg files like airlines.cfg.

Used in conjunction with the Air Traffic Manager app, it has only a small impact on frame rates.

My Traffic 5.4 works in P3d 2.5, with a manual copy of its files, similar to the procedure used for P3d 2.4.

Understood Jay, seems to be the same process as UT2 ... but for the P3D "masses" I think the solution that doesn't require manual file edits and copying would be preferred along with official support for P3D v2.5.

Cheers, Rob.

True, but the manual copy is quite simple, really. I'm surprised someone hasn't written a PowerShell script that automates the  install process.

The author of My Traffic, Burkhard edges close to releasing version 6 and then LM updates P3d and sets him back a month. The new deadline for release is now the end of next month. Version 6 contains new models, thousands of revised airports (to accommodate new plane types), new liveries and possibly a 2014 schedule (although the latter hasn't been revealed officially).

The author of My Traffic, Burkhard edges close to releasing version 6 and then LM updates P3d and sets him back a month.

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?  Anyway, not going to debate that ... it is what it is, I can wait.  Agree the process is simple ... hint hint Burkhard :)

Cheers, Rob.

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?  Anyway, not going to debate that ... it is what it is, I can wait.  Agree the process is simple ... hint hint Burkhard :)

Cheers, Rob.

Lol

Cheers, Rob.

I don't know about the simplicity of 2.5 integration,but i cannot use my purchased live traffic,I have to use the 2012 schedule,or I get crashes.

There's been issues with newer schedules which caused random crashes before v2.5.

I'm excited that an AI package tailored for P3D is been released and I own all the traffic packages and mytraffic has been the best package for me in terms of performance. 

Hmmm ... 1 month for single directory change and SimObject.cfg?

I know that you weren't serious about this. but it took  a relatively big shop (and a formal LM development partner) ORBX just about that long from the time they had the first beta release of 2.5 until just recently to cope with that "simple" change. And they still haven't truly fixed FTX Central yet. It's just a  workaround just so people could at least install ORBX products in P3d 2.5.

My Traffic's Burk is a one man show and his product is top notch. He only has a few closed beta testers  (One of them posts here now and then.) and a couple of test PCs, as best that I can tell. And he's also coping with the introduction of FSX-SE which is a much larger potential market than P3d. Yeah, yeah, I know ... "the world's smallest violin".  :He He:

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

Thank you very much GSalden. I have been waiting on this. I haven't upgraded to 2.5 yet. Still being hard headed and holding out. I think a new install will be useful being I have added a bunch of junk to my P3D. This go around I think I will keep it simple. Only install airplanes I fly and none that just sit in the hanger. Waiting on PMDG to get the beloved C-40 out for P3D and I will be all good then. Capt. McGill, RJ USN Retired "Woogie"

I don't know about the simplicity of 2.5 integration,but i cannot use my purchased live traffic,I have to use the 2012 schedule,or I get crashes.

Jim,

I also have Live. I was using 5.4c. I had regular crashes. I also have 5.4b. Installed that and crashes went away.

Used EMT to install. Also use EMT when opening the commumicator.

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

There you are! Sorry, I couldn't remember of the top of my head who the My T beta tester that posted here was.

That's good news.

The models will be native for P3D or the usual already used for FSX?

I've asked the author this same question before. He uses Gmax to create the aircraft models but he didn't say whether he recompiled them specifically with the P3d SDK.

As an early adopter of P3D pleasing to hear I can look forward to  pensioning off yet another dead-in-the-water prog in the shape of UT2 ... more power to Burkhard's elbow! ....

Will the models be updated to look more like planes and not a model put together by a four year old? No offense, but they do look pretty bad!

I got included in the closed beta as well. Really great product. With the free traffic limiter app, you can really crank things up and keep good fps/fluidity