Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Fyi : we are testing MyTraffic 6 beta 3 right now. It all looks good...

No promotional video?

+1

John

+1

Luis Vargas

Is My Traffic v6 using P3D nativ models or just fsx models with supporting p3d?

if this is so, I cannot understand the hype. I use WOAI with some fsx models and fs9 flightplans converted to fsx format and my fps and vas are amazing.

never had this before.

My Traffic uses its own models, not original FSX models.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I think the question was whether the P3d SDK was used to recompile the models for P3d or are the models compiled with the FSX SDK. The answer is that the FSX SDK was used, since there is only one version of the software. Burkhard has already answered this question on his official forum several times.

I think the question was whether the P3d SDK was used to recompile the models for P3d or are the models compiled with the FSX SDK. The answer is that the FSX SDK was used, since there is only one version of the software. Burkhard has already answered this question on his official forum several times.

Yes that was exactly my question.

So why are many of you waiting for this though there is for example UT2 which does the same. An AI Traffic with FSX Models which are compiled with FSX SDK.

What is new for P3D? Nothing, only that the Setup Installer knows the structure of P3D v2.5 or higher.

So why are many of you waiting for this though there is for example UT2 which does the same.

Possibly because many of us consider it the best Ai package available, certainly the best supported by it's Developer.

What is new for P3D?

New liveries, a few new models of aircraft that have gone into service, 4000+ airports upgraded with gate structure to handle changed traffic, 2015 schedules and as you mentioned installers for P3d 2.5 and FSX-SE.

But none of those are the most important feature. The product is still actively being developed and is officially supported on all three flight sim platforms. That makes it unique at the moment.

Hi,

Maybe one of the beta testers could answer this one..... How are MTv6 Aircraft showing at night? Did Burkhard find a way to get the AI Lights working nicely at night.... That would sell me in an instant....

kind regards

Richi

The problem appears to be with P3d itself, not any AI Traffic add-ons. Here's what Burkhard had to say about the issue when he was testing the new version of My Traffic Pro with P3d 2.3:

Some test results with P3D V2.3:

P3D V2.3 displays all navigation lights as soon as the model gets loaded as a visual model, which is in a distance of about 8.5 miles. The landing lights are clearly visible from that distance, the other navigationol lights do not scale and only are visible from about 2 miles away.

Strobes added to the aircraft config only display, when there is another navigational light nearby. Using

[LIGHTS]        

light.0 = 2, -18.60, 0,  5.75, fx_strobeh ,
light.1 = 3, -18.60, 0,  5.75, fx_navredm ,

I see strobes from 8.5 miles or nearer, with

[LIGHTS]        
light.0 = 2, -18.60, 0,  5.75, fx_strobeh ,

I do not see the strobe. (Tested on the A320) - Can anybody please confirm? 

Also using the srandard lights from the commercial airliner in P3D, I do not see any light from further away than the loading distance. This seems to be a property of P3D V2? While it makes sense not to track the lights over 120 miles as FSX does, 20 miles might be better here, but that we have to ask the P3D as far as I understand currently.

Ground illumination works fine now. Alle night textures are a bit too shiny for my taste, but this applies to buildings etc too, so again nothing that affects a single addon.

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your answer, but to be honest - I already knew this post... My question was rather if he found a workaround or if these lights will be added in v6 - because I uninstalled 5,4c because lights were not visible, and some aircraft did not have a lights section (or only a rudimentary form of it). Now most of the freeware from AIA, FAIB and so on had lightsections and I was able to add redux lights improving the visibility at night. It's ofcorse far from the visibility shown in FSX, but better then with MT5,4c.....

Did Burkhard add light sections to all his aircraft to make them as visible as possible in P3D in v6?

kind regards

As best I can tell, only certain aircraft have the {LIGHTS] section in aircraft.cfg. I checked a bunch of the tubeliners and they all seemed to at least have the strobe line. I can't remember if it was the same way in 5.4c.

Thanks for checking...

it seems it was the same in 5,4c....

regards

Thanks for the explanation on the lights Jay.

Could you (or any of the beta testers) please confirm if the AI traffic sound aliases / setup has remained the same between 5.4 and the new version? I used to use the fantastic Traffic 3D Sounds addon (from Alan Constable), and am hoping to install it again...

Do we know how much VAS and CPU usage this application will take ? I am already very close to the limit when I flying the PMDG T7 but I am interested in adding AI to my flight.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.