Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Early impressions? If I'm not mistaken, on those screens he used WOAI, at least he said that it was all freeware.

I was referring to NyxxUK (David M.)... :wink:

I'm hoping someone can help me,here's my scenario:

installed my traffic6 to my c drive

clicked on my traffic communicator

clicked on configure my traffic,localize my traffic.shows C:\my traffic professional\my traffic,I click OK it shows settings saved

clicked on manage P3DV2,localize P3DV2,shows E:\P3DV2\(which is where my program is located)click OK it shows settings saved

clicked on manage simobject.cfg-only2.5 or higher,click add my traffic,it adds the line:[entry.9] path="C\my traffic professional\my traffic\aircraft,click save and close

start up p3dv2,go to scenery library,it already shows my traffic as added

go to any airport and it only shows the default aircraft,or no aircraft if I disabled the default through my traffic 6

Is there some step I missed or did wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Terry

start up p3dv2,go to scenery library,it already shows my traffic as added

go to any airport and it only shows the default aircraft,or no aircraft if I disabled the default through my traffic 6

Open your scenery.cfg in notepad and find the section for MyTraffic, you will need to edit the path to the MyTraffic directory to point to C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic, if that is where you installed it.

Alternatively go to your scenery library within P3D highlight the MyTraffic entry click on edit and browse to C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic there (probably easier)

Hi, for those interested, I just completed a flight from Cyyz to Cyul with P3d ver 2.5, ASN(latest) Fly Tampa for both airports, FTX global and FTX Vector and Proatc. I deselected the default ATC so only PROATC was active. I also used My Traffic Ver 6 and stopped the default P3D AI traffic. I have to say it was one of the best flights ever. Everything worked as advertised and the frames were more than acceptable using unlimited even with fly tampa toronto scenery. The AI using My traffic was to say the least outstanding. PROATC kept me advised of all taxing a/c to what ever rwy was assigned. Nothing and I mean nothing went wrong with this flight. Even in the air I continued to hear traffic from PROATC and also saw lots of overflight traffic. Every addon preformed as expected. Maybe I just got lucky but I don't think so. I didn't over tax the system and used reasonable settings. The rewards were great. Hope others have the same results. Good luck

Nelson

Hi, for those interested

Did you have to edit stuff to get it to work or did it install and work out of the box - thanks

Rich Sennett

Interesting product and just bought/installed it.  In testing it out, I'm finding some issues with my add-on airports such as FSDT KIAD.  I'm getting a double airports there as I have default buildings showing along with the FSDT buildings.  I placed the MyTraffic addon folder well underneath my add-ons in the scenery library...any ideas how to fix this???

Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Eric (Flic1) - try going into the mytraffic folder's scenery folder, and deleting the AF2_KIAD.bgl file (just move it out of your P3D directory structure completely), then let the scenery library rebuild.  This method cured the problems I had with FSDT's KLAX, KLAS, and FSDreamteam's KPHX.  I still have the last version of mytraffic installed...haven't upgraded to today's release yet.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I placed the MyTraffic addon folder well underneath my add-ons in the scenery library...any ideas how to fix this???

1: Create a "disabled Afcad" directory in the MyTraffic root folder.

2: Move the following files from MyTraffic/scenery into your new disabled afcad folder

BR2_KIAD.BGL

BR2_KIAD_KA_CVX.bgl

BR2_KIAD_KA_OBJ.BGL

Alternatively just rename them by putting xxx in place of bgl

Do this for any other third party airports you have installed, the FSX scenery priority system works well most of the time but it is still safer not to have duplicate afcads active.

Hi Rich, I just followed Burkhards direction carefully and it worked. I didn't edit anything in My traffic 6 if thats what you are referring to

Nelson

Downloading now...a little skeptical because AI traffic seriously affects performance in P3D on my system. Had UT2 running for awhile but have nothing installed at the moment. Will report back. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Deleted

Hi Rich, I just followed Burkhards direction carefully and it worked. I didn't edit anything in My traffic 6 if thats what you are referring to

Thank you Sir

Rich Sennett

Now this looks interesting - models and paints look very nice - P3D version in the works also

Richard this is Pirated software, Jim will no doubt delete your post soon and with good reason

I am glad to see Avsim getting on the case with this one, ripping off freeware Devs is the lowest and that is what these ###ai guys are doing just like Adobe before them.

Richard this is Pirated software, Jim will no doubt delete your post soon and with good reason

I am glad to see Avsim getting on the case with this one, ripping off freeware Devs is the lowest and that is what these ###ai guys are doing just like Adobe before them.

Deleted thanks did not know that

Rich Sennett

After downloading I had it installed in less than two minutes.  I'm not sure why people are saying it's difficult...literally a few clicks of the mouse.  30 FPS in the VC of the NGX sitting at the gate at Fly Tampa KTPA with 35% AI and traffic optimizer running set at 100 aircraft.  I'm very happy.

Ryan

Eric (Flic1) - try going into the mytraffic folder's scenery folder, and deleting the AF2_KIAD.bgl file (just move it out of your P3D directory structure completely), then let the scenery library rebuild.  This method cured the problems I had with FSDT's KLAX, KLAS, and FSDreamteam's KPHX.  I still have the last version of mytraffic installed...haven't upgraded to today's release yet.

Good luck,

Jim

Thank you Jim and Glynn!!  This fixed the issue!

I was a UT2 user in FSX so this is my first time using MyTraffic.  So far I am impressed and even more impressed with the AI Traffic optimizer tool that has been recommended in this thread.  What a great tool to get rid of the excess AI well outside viewing distance. My initial tests have showed wonderful FPS at the couple airports I have tested out.

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11