Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Do we know how much VAS and CPU usage this application will take ? I am already very close to the limit when I flying the PMDG T7 but I am interested in adding AI to my flight.

All AI Traffic add-ons are very tough on the CPU. The way to lower CPU stress and VAS usage is to run the 3rd party freeware traffic optimizer (Air Traffic Manager), which limits the number of active AI aircraft within the user's "bubble". What I would do is use P3d settings of  35% commercial AI, 0% GA AI, 0% boats of all types, 0% freeway traffic and a medium setting for airport vehicles. Then set the number of AI aircraft in the optimizer to something very low such as 10-25, but keep "Preserve Airport Traffic" ticked. That way you will still have a decent amount of AI Traffic on the ground.

If that all works, gradually increase the number of AI aircraft with the optimizer until you run into OOMs.

Hi !

Week-end almost there... do you still expect a release this week ? any pb in beta 3 ?

Thank you

Just checked the My Traffic X forum and the latest from Burkhard is that in P3D, My Traffic 6 is hard on frame rates. He doesn't elaborate as to why.

"Different ways to install to begin with, and poor performance - the same situation I get ,ore than twice the frames under FSX SP2 than P3D V2.5.

MyTraffic 5 has been withdrawn from sales now smile.png"

NAX669.png

My Traffic 6 is hard on frame rates. He doesn't elaborate as to why.

I took his statement to mean that MyTraffic 5 is hard on frames in P3D.  But it's not totally clear from context - could be read as applying either to version 5 or version 6.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Alan, I hope you're right.

NAX669.png

Since the RTM version has likely been sent to the distributors, I can tell you that Version 6 is no harder on frame rates for me than version 5. The one difference is that in version 5 there used to be 3 model types based on resolution. Now there is only one type and that is equivalent to the models with the highest resolution in Version 5. So this is probably going to strain low end/old systems. Using the Air Traffic Manager makes all this somewhat moot, as this wonderful freeware app allows such a wide variety of adjustment that one can get decent AI Traffic levels with decent frame rates.

For those of you who haven't tried the Air Traffic Manager. It limits the number of AI aircraft in the user's "bubble" to a use specified maximum. There is also an option to preserve the user's airport traffic. FSX and P3d only control commercial and GA Traffic as a percent of the maximum of the all routes in all the traffic BGL files. In the middle of the ocean that's next to nothing and in a large metroplex with multiple large airports, the number can be staggering. 

Let's say that I fly from Burlington, VT to Teterboro, NJ. At takeoff from Burlington with the in-sim commercial and GA settings set to 35% and 15%, there might be 250 AI aircraft in the "bubble". By the time that I reach the mid Hudson Valley, it might be 500 and when I get within the NYC metropolitan area it might be approaching 900 AI aircraft. Those numbers are rough estimates from using My T Pro 5. Given the additional CPU hit in FSX and P3d from increasing numbers of autogen buildings, frame rates are going to nosedive. But if one sets the maximum number of aircraft to let's say 250 in the Air Traffic Manager, the frame rates will decline on such a route, but generally not to the point of paralysis.

I still find it disappointing that it doesn't improve performance over older versions. If it has the same performance impact as all other AI traffic products, I will not buy it. WOAI works absolutely fine in Prepar3d and is free. Too bad, I had really hoped to finally see an AI product which is lighter on performance than other products...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

@Jay

I used MT5 pro I had no GA and with commercial set to 10% fps hit was low, But I was shocked at your post above and the amount of traffic levels. Air Traffic Manager sounds very interesting but forgive me but even 250 aircraft bubble sounds huge to me. 

I was thinking I only need a few in the air round me and a small-med airport around 10 at the gates. So do you need 250 as a bubble to get that level? , even EGLL lets say 50 aircraft at the airport and 10 in the area, still no were close to 250.

As am writing this its clear I have no idea how this works but, just find it amazing that we need MT to be "processing" that amount of aircraft to see so few. I would love to run at 30%(real life level) but don't want to lose more than 5 fps max.

Could you shed anymore light on this and would it work to have Air Traffic Manager get a bubble to 50 and commercial only set to 30%?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Could you shed anymore light on this and would it work to have Air Traffic Manager get a bubble to 50 and commercial only set to 30%?

You can set Air Traffic Manager to have whatever number of Ai you want, it's up to you.

You can even enter your departure and arrival airport and select to have the program preserve the traffic at those airports and the gracefully cull the traffic down to your specified level once you are enroute.

EGLL is a bit of a special case in FSX/P3D because the bubble could also include traffic to and from EGKK EGLL EGWW and EGLC so like the NYC area it is going to get a bit busy.

Here I am at EGLL and have set traffic to 80 in Air traffic manager and it has deleted 88 whilst preserving the ai on the ground

AirTrafficManager.jpg

The biggest selling point for me with Mytraffic was the option to select low quality models. If the lower quality models are gone with v6 than I'll stick with v5 because I can't handle taking a massive FPS so I can see some pretty AI models. It's not worth imo and it takes away from a smooth flying experience.

The ability to switch between low and high quality models in V5 was the source of some if not all of the ntdll.dll errors in some of the schedules.

My above example was hypothetical but the Eastern US is covered with aircraft in real life. Just check FlightAware... and those are only aircraft with flight plans (and with real time tracking).

I'm surprised that LM hasn't thought of limiting the maximum number of AI Aircraft within the user's bubble via an in-sim slider.

Air Traffic Manager looks amazing. Thanks guys

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have anxiously waiting for this product. This truly completes my SIM as far as software is concerned. Now just waiting for castar at glasses for the ultimate flight sim