Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

MyTraffic V6 for P3D inbound

Open your scenery.cfg in notepad and find the section for MyTraffic, you will need to edit the path to the MyTraffic directory to point to C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic, if that is where you installed it.

Alternatively go to your scenery library within P3D highlight the MyTraffic entry click on edit and browse to C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic there (probably easier)

That did it!!!   Thanks a lot!!

Having a small issue now with ezdok beta. Will not start properly via exe.xml when starting up P3D. Closes out after "Simconnect does not answer more than 10 seconds. Open the configure tool and correctly set the version of the simulator". Hit ok and Ezdok closes. If I reload Ezca.exe while in sim, works fine. Tried to reconfigure in ezdok but the same thing happens....

grrr...was not happening before mytraffic install. Other than that mytraffic is fine.

Update: Found a workaround. P3D is taking much longer to load at startup with MyTraffic installed and EZCA is hitting some 10sec simconnect limitation as a result. Instead of starting EZCA from EXE.xml, a delayed start from FSUIPC is a better option and working.

So far MyTraffic V6 is an ok piece of work. UI is terrible, but for anyone familiar with the series, its no shocker. And yes the AI models don't come close to the quality in UT2, or WOAI, but I don't care. I'm all about performance, and so far, I have packed in airports and performance is better than I expected. Also, one beautiful thing that I missed with UT2, is military AI...plenty of them in Mytraffic.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Is this better than JFTraffic360 ?

I also disabled the sound folder for JFTraffic360 as these were hideous

I ported that over to P3D then manually disabled native AI

the models lack smoothness, have angled curvature

My fingers were itching to buy MT6 "blind" when it was released and on sale today, until I read from someone in this thread that the high-quality models were the default ones and the user could not switch to the low quality models any longer like in version 5.4. If this is true (I have asked in the official forum, but have gotten no reply yet), this is definitely a KO-criteria for me due to the impact of the high quality models on FPS. I will better continue using low-quality AI planes in 5.4B, which has always been running stable on my system. (I once upgraded to 5.4C, but suffered from unpredictable ntdll and ai_player.dll crashes). Let me show you some numbers I get on my FSX with the different quality options of MyTraffic 5.4B. Once again: The following screenshots do NOT show Prepar3D and MyTraffic 6; they show FSX with MyTraffic 5.4B at the default KORD airport.

First I used MyTraffic Communicator to activate the high quality models, as shown here:

j6k6za.jpg

Here are the traffic settings: (Even though the airline traffic slider has been set to only 25%, most of the parking gates at KORD were populated with AI traffic)

oa900n.jpg

This is how much I get at the airport with high-quality models:

71k4rc.jpg

Next, I wanted to enable the exits and effect lights to have jetways and ground traffic serve airplanes at the airport.

hsrho9.jpg

uvatj.jpg

Holy c**p, the frame rate is totally out of whack with the ground animations activated. The number goes up a little bit after the jetways have docked on the exits, and the impact is much less severe at smaller airports, but this has nothing to do with flying any more. (Not even to think about the FPS when sitting in the VC of a complex airliner, such as PMDG)

Now I disable the exits and effect lights, and instruct the communicator to switch to simplified models with lower resolution textures.

25zm1b6.jpg

What about the FPS?

1fg314.jpg

Well, I would say, a totally different story!  Someone claimed that there was only a minor FPS difference between running high quality and low quality AI planes, but on my system, I achieve a 75% higher performance (57fps vs. 32fps) with the simplified models compared to the high-quality ones, although the traffic density is identical. The FPS with the low-resolution AI airplanes is totally acceptable IMO. For your information: Checking the Traffic Explorer revealed that there were 413 airplanes tracked by FSX.

If you wonder about the visual difference between the high-quality and low-quality AI plane versions, here is a comparison from closer to the airplane: (Just look at the AI planes; the fact that you don't see ground traffic on the second picture is solely because FSX assigns it to random spots each time you open a save file. Sometimes you see it on a spot, and sometimes not)

Hi quality textures:

123bq7l.jpg

Low quality textures:

6h264x.jpg

Feel free to come to your own conclusion regarding the FPS-quality-behavior, but to me, the gains in FPS outweigh by far the visual benefit of the higher-resolution textures (which you won't see in their full splendor from larger distances, anyway). (And my system is by no means weak, although the GPU is not very fast, but FSX is still not nearly stretching it to its limits)

With this post, my intent is to educate simmers about the quality-FPS-tradeoff of MyTraffic. Some will also see why my idea of sticking with MT 5.4B and its simplified models is a good choice.

Anyone that's bought it here also have T2G's OTHH and can confirm that there's traffic there now?

Hi Greg,

yes, T2G's OTHH is populated at last !!!

I am quite happy with MT6!

Greetings,

Tris

Anyone that's bought it here also have T2G's OTHH and can confirm that there's traffic there now?

Yes ... made a quick video (available in 4k):

Unfortunately Hamad has some z-fighting in P3D v2.5 ... need to see if Taxi2Gate folks offer a fix.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes ... made a quick video

Rob, can you tell something about performance of MyTraffic 6 relative to other AI add-ons?

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Greg,

yes, T2G's OTHH is populated at last !!!

I am quite happy with MT6!

Greetings,

Tris

Yes ... made a quick video (available in 4k):

Thanks guys for the confirmation.

[OT]

Unfortunately Hamad has some z-fighting in P3D v2.5 ... need to see if Taxi2Gate folks offer a fix.

And Rob - boy oh boy are you talking to the right person. Already started a thread over there a couple of weeks ago. Eh, to put it lightly, they're not much help. However, as the constant DIYer in all aspects of life, I'm working on my own fix. I've already fixed the jetway staircase railings and I'm close to fixing the columns on the inside of the terminal building.

Since I won't be able to share fixed files, I'll post instructions in the P3D scenery forum maybe early next week. I'll also send the files to T2G since all they have do is update their installers (I mean that's the least they can do; I've already done the hard part).

See here.

[/OT]

What about VAS Usage? Can someone test it with 100% Traffic with 0% in big Hubs like Aerosoft EGLL or/and FSDT KJFK?

woops. Had an entry error in simobjects.cfg  NOW  A  LOT  OF  AI

Lots of AI and the sounds are much better than others

For 55%, KORD is overloaded 

20% looks a lot better, more realistic, about 2/3 gates full

There is a RED line saying" TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied but there is no mention of it in P3D just FSX....and I have NO FSX installed

Poor documentation with vague english

Any fixes to nav lights with my traffic 6?

I bought and installed 6.0 yesterday and did some testing last night.  The lights might be the one thing I.m most bothered with at the moment.  It seems some airplanes have none, others might have beacons only (also in wrong locations, 737 in MT6 has a red beacon on the tail??).  A321 seemed to have correct lights just very dim and I couldn't see them very well. I noticed the 737-700 had strobes on at gate as well. I'm wondering if the lights were built into the models because the 'Lights' section of .cfg is strange.  I was using UT2 in FSX (DX10) and had the Redux lights working nicely on AI, although the lights did tend to disappear on all aircraft at times.  Some of these models really don't have much in the way of visible lights at night aside from logo light texturing. 

well I got the V6 now it wont show any AI at all

Got the paths to MyTraffic and P3d done in the configurator

Have the MyTraffic folder as scenery entry (moved to bottom so as not to interfere with other installed airports)

And have MyTraffic/Airplanes in the simobjects list

BUT no traffic at all with AI comm at 55%

There is a RED line saying" TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied but there is no mention of it in P3D just FSX....and I have NO FSX installed

Allen _ I agree the instructions are not super clear.  Did you go under the 'ManagePrepa3edV2' menu and click on the 'managesimobject.cfg' at the bottom after indicating your path?

Edit: Ooops, nevermind I see you said you did have them in your SimObjects....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

wish I had known about the nav lights issue before spending my money

Allen _ I agree the instructions are not super clear.  Did you go under the 'ManagePrepa3edV2' menu and click on the 'managesimobject.cfg' at the bottom after indicating your path?

Edit: Ooops, nevermind I see you said you did have them in your SimObjects....

well that got me to check it anyway and low and behold someone unknown made an error in my simobjects path     woops

Now I have lots of AI

V6 looking GOOD so far without any noticeable drain on fps

For 55%, KORD is overloaded

20% looks a lot better, more realistic, about 2/3 gates full

MyT Pro runs most realistically at 35-40%. The reason it is set up that way is to allow the user to see more than real life traffic levels if that's what is desired.

You can blame DTG for the TrafficDataBasebuilder stuff. They didn't include it with FSX-SE. It's not a big issue though, since it is only needed to create new schedules, which most people are not likely to do.