Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Overall Performance in P3D2.5 after recent Hotfix

Folks,

I'm struggling with major FPS problems after recent patch. With Airbus extended and FT EKCH, no AI, no ORBX, I'm barely getting 23FPS. P3D is set to 1024 textures, no Autogen,

My PC Specs are i7-2700k (no OC), 8GB RAM, GTX780, Win7 Pro.

Your advises would be much appreciated. 

EXACTLY THE SAME FEATURES, EXACTLY THE SYSTEM OPERATING, AND THE SAME RESOLUTION GRAPHICS,

WITH A DIFFERENCE THAT I HAVE INSTALLED THE ORBX SCENERY.

MNY FPS ONLY BETWEEN 9 AND 12 

HI, i7 4790k, GTX 970, 16 gb ram, 4K monitor, Horizon GenerationX photo scenery, UK2000 airports with Real Air Turbine Duke for Prepar3d, average 50 fps. No tweaks, as it comes. No complaints!

Whenever you have problems with fps that you do not like, you should return your P3D settings to the default.  Leave the scenery sliders at the default and in the other pages, modify based on your preferences.  I turned on AI, HDR, and shadows.  The Airbus may not be fps friendly.  I know, for instance, the PMDG 777 VC is a fps killer but everything else is okay if in wingview our outside view.  Autogen needs to be turned off if you are having problems with fps.  If you're flight the framerate friendly aircraft - Real Air Turbine Duke - then you can turn autogen back on.  But not with Airbus and PMDG 777.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Do these two things before any more testing/troubleshooting:

1. Restore the Prepar3d.cfg to default by either selecting default in the Settings-Graphics page, or even better delete the Prepar3d.cfg and let it rebuild a new one from scratch.

2. Delete the files in the shaders folder located in your \users\username*\appdata\local\Lockheed martin\prepar3d v2\shaders\ directory and let it rebuild the shaders from scratch.

*your Windows user name

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

If you're flight the framerate friendly aircraft - Real Air Turbine Duke - then you can turn autogen back on.  

I am surprised about this statement. On my P3Dv2.5 system the new P3D Turbine Duke is not at all framerate friendly!

Interesting. For me the Turbine Duke is about the same, performance-wise as the Twotter, the Milviz B-55 and the A2A GA planes. It's easily flyable with Rob A.'s settings on my rig.

Only the NGX and the 777 require me to back off on some sliders to maintain 20-30 fps

I am surprised about this statement. On my P3Dv2.5 system the new P3D Turbine Duke is not at all framerate friendly!

Yikes!  For me it is just as frame rate friendly as the Carenado aircraft included with P3D.  Disclaimer:  my P3D settings are not maxed out but set to the default as indicated in many other posts here in the P3D Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23fps is perfectly acceptable in P3D *IF* it's smooth. Your main issue is your CPU needs to overclocked. You are not going to get much better at stock speeds with that CPU.

If you can get 23 smooth and stutter free, turn of the FPS counter and be happy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Folks,

I'm struggling with major FPS problems after recent patch. With Airbus extended and FT EKCH, no AI, no ORBX, I'm barely getting 23FPS. P3D is set to 1024 textures, no Autogen,

My PC Specs are i7-2700k (no OC), 8GB RAM, GTX780, Win7 Pro.

Your advises would be much appreciated. 

When you say Airbus extended, do you mean the original, or the new A318/319 or 320/321 with the WXR radar? If the latter Some people report severe performance with the WXR active. The problem is by default the weather background scan is on whether you are using the weather radar or not. To fix this you need to add the following lines to the AB_ND_GDI.ini file under the aerosoft\airbus sub folder in your documents folder. Then the only time you would see this performance decrease would be if you turn the WXR on.

[WXRadar]

WXBackgroundScan=0

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Yes, it's new A3X Bundle that I purchased recently on simmarket.

23 FPS - it's static measurement after 10-15 seconds of non-activity. Once I start head movements, things tend to get worse, i.e. around 10-12 FPS.  Add AI Traffic and kaboom. 

I think I'm going with full reinstall as I have a feeling that something was broken during patch's update.

Also, I remember it was a discussion several day ago about the different version of Simconnect? What was the final verdict - can all of them live together OR only the recent one (with "9" at the end) should be left. 

Thanks again for your help and attention to this topic.

PS. On a positive note I must say that VAS management truly improved. Stable figures despite my stress-tests. 

Dmitriy

Tom's suggestion with regard to WXBackgroundScan definitely improves performance.

Sorry for all this buzz, folks.

Somehow latest fix turned ON Triple Buff + VSync. Since I don't use Aero for aesthetical reasons, the impact was the immediate drop in FPS around 30-40%. Turned off TB/VS and bingo - got my FPS at normal 20-25 level in complex airports as before.

It's one of the most frame rate friendly addons in v2.5 for me.....  

Just goes to show how inconsistant the performance is, that we each see with P3D!      

The T-Duke used to be a heavy hitter for me in FSX, but in P3D2.5 it's super easy on frames at this end.     And the Aerosoft Airbuses ; insanely good performance.

However, the A2A 182 and Cherokee ------------>  much heavier performance (lower frames) in P3D2.5, than I used to see in FSX.

23fps is perfectly acceptable in P3D *IF* it's smooth.

Too generalist a statement.    Not true when using TrackIR