Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Titanic Honor and Glory,the most amazing game I have ever seen.

Oh I see, David. I suppose I should have spent some time doing more than watching 'preview videos' eh? :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I could see it being modded so you can pretty much make any adventure out of it. Perhaps someone will make a Doom meets Titanic type game of it then I would play it. May sound tacky but I grew up around the legacy of that ship so I'd rather shoot zombies in the corridors and try to kill them all before the ship sinks then explore it as it was.  

Two things about Halifax, it is where the Titanic victims where buried and most of the floating debris was taken so you grew up around the legacy of that ship. The museum in Belgium is not the same as it has no connection to the real events as Halifax is directly connected as first response and curators of what was salvaged from the surface the weeks following the event. I've seen my share of deck chairs and graves for one lifetime.

I also recall when I was younger we used to go down to the harbourfront in Halifax and pretend we were tourists and ask people "Excuse me, can you tell us where the Titanic Survivors are buried?" and think it was funny when people would give us the directions.  :lol:

Matthew Kane

I could see it being modded so you can pretty much make any adventure out of it. Perhaps someone will make a Doom meets Titanic type game of it then I would play it. May sound tacky but I grew up around the legacy of that ship so I'd rather shoot zombies in the corridors and try to kill them all before the ship sinks then explore it as it was.

Two things about Halifax, it is where the Titanic victims where buried and most of the floating debris was taken so you grew up around the legacy of that ship. The museum in Belgium is not the same as it has no connection to the real events as Halifax is directly connected as first response and curators of what was salvaged the weeks following the event.

I also recall when I was younger we used to go down to the harbourfront in Halifax and pretend we were tourists and ask people "Excess me, can you tell us where the Titanic Survivors are buried?" and think it was funny when people would give us the directions. :lol:

Not much to do there I guess??? Lol

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Not much to do there I guess??? Lol

The other disaster we had was the Halifax Explosion so yes I would say Halifax has it's share of disasters and shipwrecks. The Halifax Explosion was the largest man made explosion when two ships collided in the harbour, the sound wave was large enough that people in Boston heard it and it killed 2000 people and injured 9000 people. My old school was next to the ground zero so we used to hear creeks and moans from time to time and joke it was the legacy of the explosion.

Other historical fact is every year the people of Nova Scotia plant the Christmas Tree in the Boston Common to thank the people of Boston for their support during the disaster, a strong friendship that continues today. The North East is filled with these great Maritime stories. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

Today Halifax is actually a great place to live as it is filled with arts, music and night life. I would move back but I am happy in New Zealand for now

Matthew Kane

The graphics are quite lovely, but what kind of game replay value could there be? How many times could one "enjoy" (if that's even the right verb) watching a ship sink?

The value of exploring the entire Titanic inside and out is all but priceless.  You couldn't get enough of that.  I personally have no interest in watching the ship sink.  I most likely will never use it in that capacity...  That would be like using our virtual aircraft (A380) and crashing it over and over again.  Who would get enjoyment out of that with the exception of a psychopath... The ship sinking is not something I would like to experience.  They actually could have kept that out and done good enough modeling the whole ship.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It's an amazing work what they are doing :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The sinking test....my gawd, but you can feel the terror building, as you see the first wave lap into the room...

I can't imagine, being one of the non-survivors going down with this ship...and watching your death unfold, in the icy clutch of the sea water...

One thing to read about it...another to viscerally SEE IT, as though you were yourself, a doomed passenger.

Sends shivers down the spine...

The sinking test....my gawd, but you can feel the terror building, as you see the first wave lap into the room...

I can't imagine, being one of the non-survivors going down with this ship...and watching your death unfold, in the icy clutch of the sea water...

One thing to read about it...another to viscerally SEE IT, as though you were yourself, a doomed passenger.

Sends shivers down the spine...

Think about watching it through the occulus rift!!!!!

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'll be interested in seeing to what level of detail the boiler and engine rooms are modeled, being an ex-ship's engineroom denizen myself.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I'll be interested in seeing to what level of detail the boiler and engine rooms are modeled, being an ex-ship's engineroom denizen myself.

Its supposed to be modeled fully. If your interested there is an Old game called titanic adventure out of time. It has alot of the ship recreated pretty well including the engine room. It's from the 90s but can be played now via your browser. The graphics are pretty decent even to this day. Here's a link of where to play it. I used it a few days ago and it's safe.

http://www.danielhobi.ch/taoot/

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Reminds me of another game I saw recently for the oculus that had you as a passenger on a plane that was crashing. Never posted it as I was afraid somebody would blow their top!  :blink:

As the graphics get better and better and the oculus and other VR technology advances, I can see quite a market for virtual tourism and VR experiences both real and historical.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just saw how ANCIENT, both FSX and P3D, and XPX are...and, and....are....and their graphic engines.  Dust....decay.....fruit flies....

I want that Vehicle Simulator.  I want to fly an anphib plane as my choice of 'vehicle'....

What water and wave action. Wow....

Like I said...we're flying around, dragging our knuckles upon the ground....what a shame......

Its supposed to be modeled fully. If your interested there is an Old game called titanic adventure out of time. It has alot of the ship recreated pretty well including the engine room. It's from the 90s but can be played now via your browser. The graphics are pretty decent even to this day. Here's a link of where to play it. I used it a few days ago and it's safe.

http://www.danielhobi.ch/taoot/

Yes, I owned that game - it started in London during the Blitz. I never reached the end, so maybe I missed the engineroom part of it.

To be honest I'll be very surprised if the Titanic's boiler rooms and machinery spaces are modeled fully. They were incredibly complex, particularly at that time in marine engineering development and I very much doubt complete plans are available or even still exist. Just one of the triple-expansion reciprocating engines will take a huge amount of time to do, let alone all the ancillary machinery, walkways, pipelines, valves, gauges, lighting etc. We shall see.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Creepy! If it wasn't for my great grandmother pleading with her son not to sail on her I wouldn't be writing this (his father had just died and the son. my grandfather, was on his way to the new world - he caught the next ship to America and found his way to the Canadian Rockies where he worked as a logger and what-not, before making his way slowly to Australia.

These videos are amazingly real! As I said it gave me the creeps, but has got me interested.

Thanks for showing us.

John G