Sign in to follow this  
ayousry

building pc for p3d

Hi guys

im planning to build a new pc for p3d and end up with some specs thanks to help from some guys

here , thats the parts im planning to buy:

i7 4770k intel processor

Evga gtx 970

asus motherboard

8gb ram

Good cooler

good power supply

Is these specs enough to get 30fps minimuim in 1080x1920 res with these addons in high settings:

Asn

pmdg777

Dubai flytampa airport

i can sacrifice traffic but not shadows cause thats the only reason im moving from fsx to p3d

thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, go for the i7 4790k Haswell Refresh, should be the same price but cooler temps.

Other than that looks good!

I would even go for the i7-5820K which for a few bucks more (German prices) has really more power and the best price/performance ratio of all the present desktop cpu`s.

The 4790K is a sure choice. Go with a Z97 mobo and the fastest RAM you can get. If you plan on OCing, get a self contained water cooler. PSU must be 80 Plus certified.

After my two latest builds, Z97 & an X79 (and YES, they will overclock themselves with the AI Suite) - I would recommend the Corsair H-100 / or H-105 liquid coolers.........

They are working great, good price, and both of my recent pc's are oc'd to 4.8 and are fine with temps.

Good Luck

Many thanks for the info guys

I think ill go for the 4790k and z97

Can u tell me what to look for and where when buying RAMS?

Also would u recommend a quiet air cooling device as im not an expert

And read some sad stories about taking care of liquid coolers

Do u guys get 30fps at least using pmdg777 asn and an addon airport with these specs??

Again your help is much appreciated

Thanks

The 4790K is a sure choice. Go with a Z97 mobo and the fastest RAM you can get. If you plan on OCing, get a self contained water cooler. PSU must be 80 Plus certified.

+1

Have a read though my guide in my sig, it might help and yes 30 fps. I get 30 fps locked at EGLL with the ng/777

Don't skimp on the mobo, a gaming Asus board ( ROG ) is a safe bet to get good overclocking results. It's not uncommon to push the 4790k to 4.8 with a water cooler, the CoolerMaster Nepton series are excellent in my opinion.

Just be careful, even though you will be able to run the sim at high settings you will most likely receive OOM at high sliders. I have almost that same system (4790k w/ GTX 970 and 16GB RAM) and though the computer can handle the increase in sliders, I get an OOM in heavy areas rather than the sim slowing down.

Just be careful, even though you will be able to run the sim at high settings you will most likely receive OOM at high sliders. I have almost that same system (4790k w/ GTX 970 and 16GB RAM) and though the computer can handle the increase in sliders, I get an OOM in heavy areas rather than the sim slowing down.

That's the bane of VAS.  I can run the 777 at FT CYYZ with almost all settings maxed at 18-23 FPS...  for around 60 seconds.

That's the bane of VAS.  I can run the 777 at FT CYYZ with almost all settings maxed at 18-23 FPS...  for around 60 seconds.

Lol yeah I know. I just built this rig and was pleasantly surprised with the performance for about a minute. Then the beeping started. If it isn't one thing its another.

Water cooler is okay but you can also use a massive after market air cooler which are chepaer and work just as good (provided that you have a good casing so that heat can be dissipated) I use the Noctua NH-D14

It is silent and cools very good. I was able to get a stable 800Mhz OC and heat is not an issue in my system with this beast.

Water cooler is okay but you can also use a massive after market air cooler which are chepaer and work just as good (provided that you have a good casing so that heat can be dissipated) I use the Noctua NH-D14

While that's true, I use water coolers by default - they simply are so much more silent, and water is much better at absorbing heat than air.

Don't discount the i7 5820K or the 5930K - the price difference for the X99 build shouldn't be too much more than a Z97, and the 6 cores can make a difference in terrain paging and in dense areas with loads of AI traffic. Overclocking is also a breeze on these chips, and you also get support for NVMe. And I've always gone ASUS MBs in the past, but have been really impressed with the build quality of the new Gigabyte G series.

Finally to add to Max's comment above, if you can afford to spend a bit more (and more importantly have room in your case for the radiator) go for a sealed water cooling kit (like a Nepton or H105) if you can. It can make a significant difference...at idle I'm sitting at 21C.

Have fun with whatever you choose!

Don't discount the i7 5820K or the 5930K - the price difference for the X99 build shouldn't be too much more than a Z97, and the 6 cores can make a difference in terrain paging and in dense areas with loads of AI traffic. Overclocking is also a breeze on these chips, and you also get support for NVMe.

I have to say, with FSX/P3D, the tests I've done are not that conclusive.  The FPS as well as the smoothness have consistently been inferior with those than with a properly setup 4790K system - for now.  The only one that blows everything else out of the water is the 5960X, but that's a way different animal.  I wouldn't be surprised that all of this would change sooner than later, though.

Max, I was running on a 4790 @ 4.6 and am now running a 5930 @ 4.7. With the 5930, smoothness and autogen paging was actually better than the 4790 by removing the FFTF 0.01 setting and adding in a higher TML (somewhere between 15 and 30). That, along with the optimize parts setting are the only two edits to my cfg.

The big difference between the uber 5960 and 5930 are the two extra cores and 5MB more L3 cache; they both allow for 40 PCIe 3 lanes. However, the 5930 does seem overclock to higher speeds more easily (probably due to the 2 fewer cores). 

Hi guys

im planning to build a new pc for p3d and end up with some specs thanks to help from some guys

here , thats the parts im planning to buy:

i7 4770k intel processor

Evga gtx 970

asus motherboard

8gb ram

Good cooler

good power supply

Is these specs enough to get 30fps minimuim in 1080x1920 res with these addons in high settings:

Asn

pmdg777

Dubai flytampa airport

i can sacrifice traffic but not shadows cause thats the only reason im moving from fsx to p3d

thanks

Easy ;-) only it has to be in balance and with realistic slider settings...

Hey guys ,

sorry for the late reply was on bussiness trip

many thanks for the headups and ur time that was very helpful

I want to make a PC to play P3D, but i have a $750-$800 limit, can anyone make a custom build for me and then send the link to me when done??