Sign in to follow this  
annber

Carenado blocking negative comments on Facebook

Hi,

As a commerical developer I can see why you would want that to go missing. So he thinks it's ugly, so what... It's not like he is cursing out the company and or owners/developers. If your skin isn't thick enough to handle it's ugly... You're in the wrong bisiness.

It is commercial, not commerical, and it is business not bisiness. :wink:

It's also important to understand the individual's comments have nothing to do with any of my work. It's also even more important to understand that this is a forum, not a democracy. You don't have a right to free speech.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

They are well within their rights to remove comments they do not want on THEIR page, it is theirs after-all. If it was setup by someone not connected with the company and then tried to have them remove, that could be call censorship, yes. But not on their own page. The analogy of putting a poster on a shop wall is a good example of that. Same as a builders van having bad reviews stuck to the side, they would remove them, and nobody would call that censorship.

I worked at a big on-line retailer and we had a customer review section to each product. I ask the content manager why we never have bad reviews only good ones since isn't that technically lying. He said that the idea behind our business is to make money, obviously, and while the company does it's best to never sell bad products, negative reviews can turn away sales and ultimately, that's the idea of the business. I tended to agree with him. Other on-line retailers do that as well so I guess it's standard practice. That's slightly different since the company in question only had a small line of products they made themselves, most of the products where from other manufactures, so it 95% not our own products, where in this case, it is all their own products. But it's stll the same; why would you want to put people off sales? The idea is to make money.

It only cements how important it is to read multiple reviews from multiple sources

Hi,

Thanks for your concern in regards to my education and spelling corrections, hard to type on an iphone. But one does have the ability to have a conversation with fellow simmers here at AVSIM, you don't like what's being said... move on. If you are going to hide, erase, remove comments you don't like (when the statement made is nothing more than it's UGLY) then what's the point of the forum, just to praise developers and kiss their backside. I don't think that's what Tom had in mind when AVSIM was started many, many years ago. I know because I've been here since the start and having spent over 100K, that's right over $100,000.00 us dollars on Flight Simulation. I've dealt with many developers, including Level-D... BTW: Where is the 757 anyway, how many years are we waiting?...

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

The problem for me is that once you as a "store" owner enable and allow customers to post comments, you've got to respect those comments positive or not.

That's your problem Of course, a store owner is entitled to do whatever it likes with comments. As other have pointed out, it's is for advertising.

Some written words, need to be censored. Ever read Word Not Allowed's website, regarding Avsim?  Some very pathetic messages from people who have little regard for other peoples feelings, and totally hide behind an internet wall. If I was to read, and believe everything I read there, I wouldn't even think of joining this forum.

Actually, in reality, I did happen to read some up to date material at Word Not Allowed's website a few months ago. It irritated me so stinking much, that I immediately got active on this website again, after being gone for a year or so. That's the problem with the internet. No real personal communication between individuals. You just have to sift out legitimate gripes or praises from those with filthy mouths, in which their mother never taught them better.  Even websites such as Angies List (used to recommend contractors, etc)  can be plagued by someone with an agenda against some specific company. My wife worked in retail for decades. What we really know...................is that the customer isn't always right. Some will abuse you to **** and back, if given the chance. Needless to say, I do believe in censorship on a companies website. 

Hi,

Thanks for your concern in regards to my education and spelling corrections, hard to type on an iphone. But one does have the ability to have a conversation with fellow simmers here at AVSIM, you don't like what's being said... move on. If you are going to hide, erase, remove comments you don't like (when the statement made is nothing more than it's UGLY) then what's the point of the forum, just to praise developers and kiss their backside. I don't think that's what Tom had in mind when AVSIM was started many, many years ago. I know because I've been here since the start and having spent over 100K, that's right over $100,000.00 us dollars on Flight Simulation. I've dealt with many developers, including Level-D... BTW: Where is the 757 anyway, how many years are we waiting?...

Not all of the subforums here are for 'conversation with fellow simmers' but rather they are commercial product support forums. While they are provided by AVSIM, they are not as 'open' for discussions as the rest of AVSIM is because they are there for technical support and not 'conversation with fellow simmers'. There are lots of places on AVSIM to post about how ugly something is... actual official tech support forums... not one of them.

If you don't like the fact that companies can control what is said in their support forums, you don't have to go in them. However, the companies do control the posts and that's a proper business environment.

As for any products I'm involved in... no tubeliners here. So... dunno about anything regarding Level-D or a 757.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That's your problem Of course, a store owner is entitled to do whatever it likes with comments. As other have pointed out, it's is for advertising.

You are right, a store owner is entitled to do what it likes with its comments, just like we as customers are entitled to alert those who are unaware, which I am sure are many,  that the comments on their facebook page are in fact censored. 

I have no problem whatsoever with a business stating on their page something like "This is what our customers are saying about our product....." , but when they give the impression that all comments are freely posted and kept, it is quite misleading.

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

have no problem whatsoever with a business stating on their page something like "This is what our customers are saying about our product....." , but when they give the impression that all comments are freely posted and kept, it is quite misleading.

Where does Carenado state that all comments are freely posted? I suggest that it is naive that to expect that to be on an advertising site.

Ladies & Gentlemen,,

What ever you discuss here about Carenado is not even worth the effort....

Vote with your wallet... that works.

Unfortunately I got burnt once buying one of their products (TBM850) - - trust me -- it will not happen again ;-)

A commercial company - not providing even rudimentary support to their costumers is just not going to see any money from me....

Ladies & Gentlemen,,

What ever you discuss here about Carenado is not even worth the effort....

Vote with your wallet... that works.

Unfortunately I got burnt once buying one of their products (TBM850) - - trust me -- it will not happen again ;-)

A commercial company - not providing even rudimentary support to their costumers is just not going to see any money from me....

Most sensible comment in this topic so far. It's our money, not their money. Spend it wisely or not at all. For me it's not about reviews, it's about quality and value for money.

Carenado are increasingly poorer in both, so the smart thing is not to bother, rather than getting all hot and bothered.

My final purchase will be the Navajo then I will spend my money else where I will support companies like A2A and Flight1 but no more Carenado  

Most sensible comment in this topic so far. It's our money, not their money. Spend it wisely or not at all. For me it's not about reviews, it's about quality and value for money.

Carenado are increasingly poorer in both, so the smart thing is not to bother, rather than getting all hot and bothered.

The PC12 in my opinion is one of Carenado's best releases, but it seems they've still got a long way to go with jets and anything that doesn't use GPS based systems.

I love the PC12 I'm also loving the hawker even more now that I got Bert's GTN retrofit

My point. Proven.

It's taken the combined efforts of the customer base to get the PC-12 where it is right now. Carenado have had almost nothing to do with it.

It is commercial, not commerical, and it is business not bisiness.

Come one Ed, you're better than that.