Sign in to follow this  
annber

Carenado blocking negative comments on Facebook

I get (most) people not reading web pages, manuals and/or not following instructions and what not... Just look at all the conversations here at AVSIM where answers are clearly shown. However, the post in question should not of been hidden, he should of been (as you point out using PMDG as an example) directed to the aircraft web page and or told to read the enclosed docs.

Michael, the comment made in the Milviz forum was admittedly a merely subjective opinion. Quite honestly it just hit me the wrong way, having spent the better part of two years crafting this KA350i, and I reacted out of pique...

...and hid the post until I had time to reassess my reaction. After careful consideration I chose to unhide it. For the record, no posts (other than duplicates) are ever deleted. Instead they are hidden from public view. At any time any moderator can choose to unhide any post they feel was unfairly hidden.

It was one of very, very few posts I've ever hidden, and the only one of this particular member's posts. I will point out as well that he as called me out as a liar - twice - and that he is still a member in good standing...

...despite having blatantly violated the TOS of AVSIM by publically defaming a moderator. I choose not to revoke his membership even temporarily as it could easily be interpreted as being self-serving, no matter the obvious violation of the TOS. Should one of my fellow moderators choose to do so is a matter outside of my control.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill - As a moderator, would you please consider deleting AJ Pongress' highly offensive post on the previous page, about handicapped / disabled sports people.   Thanks.

Done, Craig. I trust that the conversation may continue in good taste now.

Fr. Bill    

Hi Bill,

I'm not a developer so I don't have a clue what it's like to work on a project for an extended period of time only to have it ripped into. With that said; I think given my A-type personality, I could easily see myself acting the same way. That’s one of the reasons I would “NEVER” be a moderator anywhere!. And YES I have been asked, aren't you glad I said NO. :lol:

I have made rash (like many of us) decisions over the course of my lifetime and have changed my mind in hindsight. I believe one of the reasons you make a good mod is the fact that you will go back and reassess a situation and take corrective and appropriate action if necessary.

I commend you for the time you spend here, not only as a mod but also a member with years of experience and the openness to share that experience.

Hi Craig,

When you find yourself in my area just let me know, I won't forget.

Michael, the comment made in the Milviz forum was admittedly a merely subjective opinion. Quite honestly it just hit me the wrong way, having spent the better part of two years crafting this KA350i, and I reacted out of pique...

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

It was one of very, very few posts I've ever hidden, and the only one of this particular member's posts. I will point out as well that he as called me out as a liar - twice - and that he is still a member in good standing...

What is a troll...

Well, that is maybe your friend Colin from Milmiz who has removed my other posts but I don't known if he can do it without being moderator.

Anyway my following message was "sorry guys I haven't seen that was not a final version so wait and see"

The next one was "ahah funny you removed my previous posts"

Then your friend ask me for my order number because you hadn't sold any ka350 that day so I could not "just bought" your product before saying to me that was not a valid order number and blahblahblah...

And, yes, I'm sorry but I am not a native english speaker so the 'ugly' word was maybe too stronger and not appropriate.

Anyway, blocking bad comments and forbidding me to purchase any Milviz product in the future is not a good way to behave with customers...

But you're right, it is your product, it's your forum, just do what you want.

When a customer says me that my work is ugly, I accept but I ask why...

Then your friend ask me for my order number because you hadn't sold any ka350 that day so I could not "just bought" your product before saying to me that was not a valid order number and blahblahblah...

So you didn't have a valid order number for an aircraft but still had the temerity to complain? It takes a special kind of person to do that. There are many names for that type of person but none of them are kind.

Of course it was a valid order number... I've been refunded...

But anyway it was just to notice that 3 posts at least have been removed, not just only one... so who is dishonnest...

What is a troll...

Well, that is maybe your friend Colin from Milmiz who has removed my other posts but I don't known if he can do it without being moderator.

Anyway my following message was "sorry guys I haven't seen that was not a final version so wait and see"

The next one was "ahah funny you removed my previous posts"

Now you are talking about posts made at another website entirely, and one on which I have no mod power at all. So, if there were posts from you removed, it certainly was not done by me.

You have now called me a "liar" twice here at AVSIM, and implied "dishonesty" in this latest post. That is three violations of the Terms of Service to which you agreed before becoming a member here. Fair warning to you sir, my patience is limited. One more such libelous assertion and you are gone from AVSIM.

Not being a "native English speaker" is no excuse for rudeness or ignoring the rules.

Fr. Bill    

Guess who's beaten me to it!   :lol:

Not sure what this is all about - anyway hi Oliver how you doing hope all is well Buddy

Rich Sennett

Well said Bill. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sighs ...I can't believe that this trivia  has occupied 72 posts

Sighs ...I can't believe that this trivia  has occupied 72 posts

Not nearly as difficult to understand as your apparent need to make it 73. :lol:

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Not nearly as difficult to understand as your apparent need to make it 73. :lol:

Nor yours to make it 74!