Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Daniel,

Is the location for these files correct if one does not have the "Patches" folder?

- a_fiji_01 - a_fiji_05 -----> Asia
- a_himalayas_01 - a_himalayas_02 ----> Asia
- a_k2_01----> Asia
- a_newzealand_01 - a_newzealand_02----> Oceania

Thanks.

Daniel,

Is the location for these files correct if one does not have the "Patches" folder?

- a_fiji_01 - a_fiji_05 -----> Asia
- a_himalayas_01 - a_himalayas_02 ----> Asia
- a_k2_01----> Asia
- a_newzealand_01 - a_newzealand_02----> Oceania

Thanks.

All correct, except put Fiji in Oceania.

First of all I would like to offer my huge thanks for your great work.

I have a question about scenery priority of Free Mesh X in relation with FS Global 2010.  I have both of them in FSX. Which one of them should be in upper layer in FSX scenery library?   

Hi! Moser,

Thank you for the great job, but I would like to know how solve the terrain lukla (VNLK) issue?

vewa8Cw.jpg

I am using FS Global 2010 FTX + FreeMesh 1.03 in P3D v2.5.

Br,

JL

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

First of all I would like to offer my huge thanks for your great work.

I have a question about scenery priority of Free Mesh X in relation with FS Global 2010.  I have both of them in FSX. Which one of them should be in upper layer in FSX scenery library?   

The one you would like to see more often.

Hi! Moser,

Thank you for the great job, but I would like to know how solve the terrain lukla (VNLK) issue?

Br,

JL

It doesn't help that the stock BGL puts the runway about 600 feet too high, causing it to float in the air! At least FTX Vector puts it at the correct elevation. The other problem is that the FSX VNLK is about a 1.0 kilometer off the correct position.

It should be this little plateau in front of me. I think it's time we have a corrected airport file.

ogcLkET.png

Hi! Moser,

Br,

JL

default is very bad
for FSX you can grab any available free scenery
I installed one from here http://www.vf-air.com/FSX2.htm  that seems to be flowing very well with the FreeMesh
happy landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Thanks! Moser and Mike for quick answer.

B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

but I would like to know how solve the terrain lukla (VNLK) issue?

In my experience such problems are solved by the Global Vector Configuration Tool (Airport Elevation Corrections)

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

In my experience such problems are solved by the Global Vector Configuration Tool (Airport Elevation Corrections)

For many cases yes, but this particular airport is just at the wrong elevation and in the wrong location.

The one you would like to see more often.

It doesn't work like that. It doesn't matter where mesh scenery is in the library, FS will display the highest-resolution data it can find for a given area.

It doesn't work like that. It doesn't matter where mesh scenery is in the library, FS will display the highest-resolution data it can find for a given area.

Sorry, but when the meshes have the same resolution as in much of the areas under discussion, the highest library priority mesh will be used.

Sorry, but when the meshes have the same resolution as in much of the areas under discussion, the highest library priority mesh will be used.

The majority of FreeMeshX is LOD10, while the majority of FS Global is LOD9, so FSX will automatically choose FreeMeshX over much of the globe, but with that said, you typically will place a higher LOD mesh at a higher priority. If one would like FS Global to be more prominent, then it's best just to disable FreeMeshX in the scenery library.

Personally I solved *my* Lukla problem (Aerosoft Lukla scenery) by switching off related FreeMeshX bgl file. I wrote necessary commands into a batch command file like this to keep track of all my changes.

rem Customize FreeMeshX files
rem 20.05.2015 disable Lukla N20E080.bgl"

rem
move     "P:\DualSim\Addon Scenery\FreeMeshX - Asia\Scenery\N20E080.bgl" "P:\DualSim\Addon Scenery\FreeMeshX - Asia\Scenery\N20E080.off"

pause

Many many thanks to Daniel for sharing is great work :Applause:

Andreas

default is very bad
for FSX you can grab any available free scenery
I installed one from here http://www.vf-air.com/FSX2.htm  that seems to be flowing very well with the FreeMesh
happy landings

mike

Even comes with a nice sloping runway!

ZNYC2fS.png

Personally I solved *my* Lukla problem (Aerosoft Lukla scenery) by switching off related FreeMeshX bgl file. I wrote necessary commands into a batch command file like this to keep track of all my changes.

Many many thanks to Daniel for sharing is great work :Applause:

Andreas

Does the Aerosoft version not line up correctly? I think it comes with its own mesh if I'm not mistaken?