Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Are the base downloads also patched to 1.02?

I'd rather waste the bandwidth on redownloads than waste precious SSD space on patches.

No, Bjoern they're not. In our patch notes, we state it's perfectly fine to replace the older tiles with the patched versions if you want to save disk space. A separate library entry for the patches is only needed if one is seeding their FreeMeshX installation directly.

No, Bjoern they're not. In our patch notes, we state it's perfectly fine to replace the older tiles with the patched versions if you want to save disk space. A separate library entry for the patches is only needed if one is seeding their FreeMeshX installation directly.

Very good! Thanks, Daniel!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

....waste precious SSD space on patches.

I'm running this mesh from a conventional hard disk (the rest of FSX is on SSD) and I haven't noted any slowdowns or stutters, perhaps the in-game map is a bit slower to load but that's all.

He didn't mention a single word about slowdowns or stutters, only disk space.

only disk space.

I think he's making the observation that precious SSD is not really necessary as he doesn't see any performance issues using a conventional HDD.

What's with the passive-aggressiveness Jim?...That's not like you  :lol:

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hi,

I too am very pleased with the Oceania mesh I downloaded, particularly in Australia. And really thanks for making it free its a great alternative to FS Glob Ult.

One request though please: could you have a look at the spikes in Papua New Guinea where Iike to fly a lot? I noticed some spikes around Lat 5.54 S; Long 146.22 E for a start and I think I saw others in the same area, south east of Madang (AYMD) in the mountains.

Appreciate your help

Kind regards,

Ray

Hi,

I too am very pleased with the Oceania mesh I downloaded, particularly in Australia. And really thanks for making it free its a great alternative to FS Glob Ult.

One request though please: could you have a look at the spikes in Papua New Guinea where Iike to fly a lot? I noticed some spikes around Lat 5.54 S; Long 46.42 E for a start and I think I saw others in the same area, south east of Madang (AYMD) in the mountains.

Appreciate your help

Kind regards,

Ray

Hi,

One request though please: could you have a look at the spikes in Papua New Guinea where Iike to fly a lot? I noticed some spikes around Lat 5.54 S; Long 146.22 E for a start and I think I saw others in the same area, south east of Madang (AYMD) in the mountains.

Appreciate your help

Kind regards,

Ray

Hi Ray, this is a known issue to us concerning Papau New Guineau, likely due to the intense terrain and forests. We're looking for alternate high-res data sources for this area to remove these spikes. We may have to employ a filter solution to alleviate this problem in that area. It's on our priority list.

Hi Daniel

Thanks for your quick response and especially kudos to you for trying to sort it for us.

Unbelieveable!!! Haven't seen that sort of generosity (and customer service) much since FS9 days

Thanks again

Ray

I am ready to do this. How do I get rid of FS Genesis? FSG was installed through its installer and it is everywhere.

I am ready to do this. How do I get rid of FS Genesis? FSG was installed through its installer and it is everywhere.

Uninstall it from add remove programs first to clear that up - then go to main sim folder do a search for FSG - they will all show up - delete them manually - done

Rich Sennett

Uninstall it from add remove programs first to clear that up - then go to main sim folder do a search for FSG - they will all show up - delete them manually - done

Thanks, can't wait to try this.

Thanks, can't wait to try this.

No problem - just did it myself a few days ago but I left my Canada just o be sure

Rich Sennett

Hi,

You mentioned that the Middle East is covered by more than one section. If memory serves me correctly that would be Asia and Africa. Correct?

Hi,

You mentioned that the Middle East is covered by more than one section. If memory serves me correctly that would be Asia and Africa. Correct?

Let's see.

Europe contains parts of northern Turkey.

Africa contains some parts that share the Red Sea.

Asia really contains the bulk of the Middle East.

So if you had to choose one, I would go with the Asia package to get most of the Middle East.

I would go with Asia for the bulk of it. Is there a specific location in the Middle East? I can give you more guidance.