Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Carenado Reveals Next Project

Depending on your needs, you can kind of "meet them half way"..   Buy their airplane and replace the avionics.

We used to do this with Reality XP GNS re-fits,  to the point where Carenado started to provide the hooks for them to fit into.

Now, it is the Flight1 GTN units that are the real world latest exciting avionics systems..

Right now, it is a bit of a rough fit, crowbar and hammer, but Carenado may yet offer an alternative to their "lite FMS"...

Either a third party FMS, or a native GTN 750.. who knows..

The Hawker with an installed GTN 750 is actually a pretty nice bird to fly :rolleyes:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52473&title=flight1-gtn-in-carenado-hawker

Bert

Case in point was the C182.  The Carenado one, while old, was still decent.  The new A2A one is far superior and somewhat of a sensation.  So, it's okay.  They can make these and sell them to whomever and I'll just read the reviews with my popcorn.

Exactly. And it's not as if it's even a straight choice between the A2A way and the Carenado way. A2A go to the other extreme, modelling fuel flow, piston movements and the like (although I'm staying away from A2A for now until I can buy a trim wheel), I'd be happy enough with an aircraft that gave similar features but in a design-for-effect kind of way e.g, put in some kind of check for priming before starting the engine, if it's not primed, don't let it start. Don;t let radios switch on unless the avionics power is on. Stick in a random failure chance for radios if the engine is started with the avionics on. Simple stuff that real-world pilots have to think about could be added without having to build a complete systems simulation under the bonnet cowling. Damn it, there's a freeware offering (RealEngine) that does this kind of stuff - Manfred Jahn has it in his freeware DC-3, SibWings did something similar with their An-2 and for about half the price of a Carenado offering, so I don't see why a professional development team can't manage it. 

Of course, this doesn't cover G1000 and other glass systems, but at least it would be a start.

Depending on your needs, you can kind of "meet them half way"..   Buy their airplane and replace the avionics.

We used to do this with Reality XP GNS re-fits,  to the point where Carenado started to provide the hooks for them to fit into.

Now, it is the Flight1 GTN units that are the real world latest exciting avionics systems..

Right now, it is a bit of a rough fit, crowbar and hammer, but Carenado may yet offer an alternative to their "lite FMS"...

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52473&title=flight1-gtn-in-carenado-hawker

I don't know much about FMS's but Friendly Panels do add-on ones for a low price. How good they are I couldn't say, though. There's also a freeware Honeywell FMS somewhere out there.

Depending on your needs, you can kind of "meet them half way".

At those prices, though, you shouldn't need to.

And now Carenado is going to take a stab at the AeroCommander 500. They have a nice little money factory going on over there.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

We used to do this with Reality XP GNS re-fits, to the point where Carenado started to provide the hooks for them to fit into.

And that was an awesome and very smart move on the part of Carenado.  They were actually one of the leaders in doing this and it made wonderful sense, making some of their planes very nice implementations - and at very moderate price points.  I purchased many of them, and some are still favorites to fly.  But...

The Hawker with an installed GTN 750 is actually a pretty nice bird to fly :rolleyes:

I'm sure it is, and I mean no disrespect to the wonderful things you've done to make so many of Carenado's offerings work for the community - heaven knows I've been a beneficiary of your efforts and I thank you for them - but it's one thing to put a GNS or GTN in a more modest or older GA plane where these avionics might actually be used, but another thing altogether to do so in a plane like the Hawker where such avionics would never exist - especially given the premium price charged.

Scott

Scott,

I certainly agree with every point you make... but GTN750s are finding their way into Citations, so who knows where they might end up next..  ^_^

Bert

Older Citations but which newer Citations Bert?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Sorry, where did you get "newer" from?

"Jettech gained FAA STC approval to install the touchscreen Garmin GTN 650/750 GPS/navcom (single or dual) in Cessna 525 CitationJets manufactured from 1993 to 1999 (S/Ns 0001-0359)."

1999... older... newer... ?

B)

Bert

snipped

I bought X-Plane 10 in the Steam sale at christmas and I wanted a half decent GA plane to go with it. So, I picked the Carenado 206. As usual with Carenado, it looked nice and everything but it was a little lacking in some areas. Thankfully, the v3 update of theirs managed to fix some of the minor problems. I would not touch anything more complex than a Cessna though, they've proved time and time again that they're just not interested in spending any time on systems and they're really pushing it with the 'premium' prices. Sadly, a lot of people see the pretty graphics, but the novelty soon wears off when they realise some things just plain don't work.

As I said earlier, the Carenados for X-Plane are different, because the programmer who is very familiar with X-Plane, and doesn't do flight dynamics for FSX/P3D, makes all the changes for these planes to work with XP-10.  I do have the single engine F33 Beech, and Cessna 206. They're not system heavy, but the flight dynamics are quite good, and the planes and panels look very good, as I'd expect from a Carenado airplane. I haven't bought FSX versions for a long time.  I sure do like my A2A Cherokee 180, Cessna 182, and Real Air Lancair Legacy for FSX. Wouldn't give them up for any other GA planes. 

Sorry, where did you get "newer" from?

"Jettech gained FAA STC approval to install the touchscreen Garmin GTN 650/750 GPS/navcom (single or dual) in Cessna 525 CitationJets manufactured from 1993 to 1999 (S/Ns 0001-0359)."

1999... older... newer... ?

B)

Hmm, 1999 to 2015/16. That seems like a decent upgrade for the RW 525 drivers over the older Nav Sytems.

CJ1 and CJ1+ are using PL21 Full FMS generally w/GNS500 for the GPS portion if I recall correctly. B)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

And now Carenado is going to take a stab at the AeroCommander 500. They have a nice little money factory going on over there.

Actually this one has my interest, have always wanted a Aero Commander, would prefer the 690 but can live with the 500.

Hmm, 1999 to 2015/16. That seems like a decent upgrade for the RW 525 drivers over the older Nav Sytems.

CJ1 and CJ1+ are using PL21 Full FMS generally w/GNS500 for the GPS portion if I recall correctly. B)

GNS500 isn't the GPS... the PL21 has a GPS. The GNS500 is the 'backup' GPS, per se.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Actually this one has my interest, have always wanted a Aero Commander, would prefer the 690 but can live with the 500.

Hope Carenado allows for the intergration of the GTN 750/650 that would be a nice setup!

GNS500 isn't the GPS... the PL21 has a GPS. The GNS500 is the 'backup' GPS, per se.

Of course Ed, Backup was what I should have stated.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png