Sign in to follow this  
nels161

GEX Released for P3D

Anthony - Those are great shots!  I was slightly disappointed at first after I installed it but once I flew around for a bit and doing some monitor adjustments, it is now VERY impressive and a big imnrpovement from default textures.  Question for you though, what autogen setting are you using as I don't have nearly that many buildings in the cities?

Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I have posted a bunch of screenshots with location over at the screenshot 

Thanks for posting great job - now heres my problem I like the city textures a lot but not rural - ftx is better - hmm interesting dilemma 

Rich Sennett

Anthony - Those are great shots!  I was slightly disappointed at first after I installed it but once I flew around for a bit and doing some monitor adjustments, it is now VERY impressive and a big imnrpovement from default textures.  Question for you though, what autogen setting are you using as I don't have nearly that many buildings in the cities?

Thanks!

Scenery Complexity - Extremely Dense

Autogen vegetation density - Extremely Dense

Autogen building density - Extremely Dense

and in Prepar3D.cfg ->

POP_FREE_AUTOGEN=1

:wink:

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

So this is the Global Base equivalent? or the LC equivalent....

Global base.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I posted a info notice about GEX being released on Lockeed Martins P3D site last night. It was deleted this morning.

Man you have got to wonder what is going on with these guys and the flightsim world in particular. What a sad state our hobby has slipped to IMHO

Nelson

I think it's pretty simple. One of GEX's developers spent years bashing and discouraging P3D very publicly before finally getting on the bandwagon.

I wouldn't support them on my website either if I were LM.

Mike I dont think they have us locked in per say - they are having issues with the program for USA LC - I do agree that maybe instead of making airports that dont appeal to the masses time would be better spent using those resources on US LC project - that would make way more sense as its a major player in Their product line and sales - not some island out in the middle of nowhere 

As far as I know, most of the guys making those airports don't work for Orbx but do it under contract as their own projects. One of their airport developers commented the other day that he's doing airports now because working directly for Orbx was too limiting for him.

Again, I don't think that this is what is happening. GEX for P3d wasn't officially announced at the time that an "unofficial announcement" was made about it on the LM forums. It's either that or GEX is not an official "partner" with LM for some reason. 

Thanks for the pictures.The cities look ok but the rural colours all look rather washed out. Shall stick with the evil Orbx product for now.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

No 'washed out' here, looks fantastic! Not to mention the performance INCREASE, I am impressed.

Jay

I think it's pretty simple. One of GEX's developers spent years bashing and discouraging P3D very publicly before finally getting on the bandwagon..

Yes, that's really true.

But nevertheless, the shots look great. And in my opinion the rural shots are look nice, too. Yes, they are not as saturated as FTXG ones, but that's reality in many cases.

So I've bought the P3D GEX version, and now I'm really thinking of going back to GEX after months of using FTXG. I use UTXv2, too, and I think it will be a great combo.

Patric

Thanks for the pictures.The cities look ok but the rural colours all look rather washed out. Shall stick with the evil Orbx product for now.

Definitely, looks far too pale and brown for me.  When I first learned to fly (RL, not sim), one thing that struck me was just how vibrant things looked, how "un-brown" the world was, particularly on a sunny day....

Orbx may not be bang on, but it's certainly less jarring to my eyes.  London and UK (the bottom two photos) are my home stomping ground, and I'm sorry to say I just don't recognise it.

The LM forums are for P3D support. It is not a public forum and as such I would expect all product release announcements that are NOT LM's would get deleted. I doubt there's a conspiracy here. I also don't believe that anyone at LM gives a damn what anyone says. WE are not their market.

So far, in playing around with GEP3D I believe Anthony & Nick have done a great job with the product. Good colors and smooth performance. A lot of subtle differences that add up to a great experience.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

To clear up some misunderstanding, GEP3D will work in all versions of Prepar3D. If you are not looking for support with professional, military, FAA, academy training, or, affiliated with a corporation and require that support, the Professional and Enterprise license editions are not required.

Banner_eu_anthony.jpg

Thanks Anthony, this is a really helpful comment, much acknowleged.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The US southwestern desert and city textures look great.  ORBX is way too green looking around KLAS, KPHX, and KLAX.  I may have to switch.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.